  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
2GB to 4GB, how much of an improvement? by Alfred Kaufmann
I am thinking of going to 4GB ram and I wonder if it is worth it? The only reason I am thinking of doing it is to turn off virtual memory and eliminate swapping on the hard drive. Please let me know your experience if you have done this upgrade. Al
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 07 07:28 PM
by John_T Go to last post
25 510
"USB Device not Recognized" by Tex
"...One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it..." I already tried deleting infcache.1 but it had no effect. - tex
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 22nd 10 07:48 PM
by lajmic Go to last post
25 1,647
4 Gig or ram- Only showing 3 gig by [email protected]
Hello, Just read the longest post on this issue with no result so let try again. If i have 4 gig, only 3 shows, 750mb is reservered for the system. Doesn't that seem a little stupid? If i have 3 gig of ram, 3 gig shows in vista, here it has not needed to reserve 750mb. So why does the first scenario need 750 for the system, and the second does not? This would mean that the second does not have...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 12th 07 11:04 PM
by C Jones Go to last post
25 377
2nd harddisk for dv7-3020 by Alan Whimp[_3_]
I bought an HP Pavilion DV7-3020sa a week ago which has 2 HDD areas but only 1 HDD fitted. I have bought an identical HDD to the one already installed to fit into the 2nd drive slot but cannot find anywhere where I can buy the lead to connect it to the mainboard. Having now tried over 15 companies, including HP, I am becoming frustrated. Does anyone know where the lead can be purchased? It is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 14th 10 02:53 PM
by mwvik Go to last post
24 2,243
Vista Ultimate 64-bit 8GB on ASUS 3A32-MVP Deluxe by MrKit
I have an ASUS M3A32-MVP Deluxe Series Wifi Edition motherboard, which is capable of running 8GB of RAM. In have a Phenom 9500 quad-core cpu, which is 64-bit. I have 4 DIMMS of KVR667D2N5/2G, which is the RAM the motherboard manufacturer says runs in the board at 8GB. I run Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Sp1 and Windows XP Pro SP 2 as dual-booting Os'. I cannot boot to the desktop with 4GB...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 3rd 08 03:08 PM
by MrKit Go to last post
24 426
Display driver stopped responding by Wayne Wastier
I have read that nVidia has the same problem as this, and I have an ATI card. The whole message reads, Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered. This happens about ever 15 to 30 seconds when I am watching Live TV in MCE. And the problem started about 2 driver builds ago. So, today I downloaded
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 11th 07 01:35 PM
by Denny Go to last post
24 312
VISTA Ultimate in My iMAC Core 2 Duo-- Problem! by STRiLLiONE
I installed Vista Ultimate in my 2.4 G. Core 2 Duo iMAC. Problems: 1. Vista didn't Recognized my ATI Video card. So I cant use Media Center Contents and play DVD. 2. NO SOUND. Any Solutions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 25th 08 10:43 PM
by Donald L McDaniel[_3_] Go to last post
24 516
MS laptop wireless 6000 mouse by Ritter197[_2_]
I bought the above MS mouse and use it with Vista 64. It works fine. It has on the side an ENLARGE button which also works fine, but I see no way how to disengage it. Who has such a mouse and knows the answer? __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4445 (20090921) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 25th 09 09:12 PM
by Louie Kapp Go to last post
24 510
Vista Fried the Hardware by KayRab
Yes, Vista DEFINATELY fried out my video card. I am a student of Engineering Science with an Electrical and Computer focus. I know my hardware. If anyone wants the technical report on how I came to this conclusion, feel free to request it as a reply to this post. My suggestion to Microsoft is to come up with a customer satisfaction plan now. A Google search of, "Vista broke fried video...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 5th 07 11:40 PM
by HomebrewDE Go to last post
24 374
DVD/CD Drive Not Working by Mufaddal Adamjee
The same thing happend to me todays as well... This morning my D: drive disappeared. Went to Device Manager and there was a yellow exclamation mark. The message was "Windows cannot initialize the device driver ." Followed troubleshooting advice: uninstalled/reinstalled. The problem still exists. Went to MS for a KB and was told that MS was aware of the problem but there was no KB at present....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 19th 08 10:48 PM
by james1009 Go to last post
24 474
ATi 650 combo tuner hotfix by Matt Hawk
Does anyone know where i can get the kb929011 hotfix. It allows combo tuners to funtion correy under media center.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 13th 07 05:35 PM
by Gandalf Go to last post
24 406
New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008 by Cal Bear '66[_2_]
New nVidia GeForce WHQL Release 175.16 -- 13 May 2008: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs. Added support for NVIDIA 3-way SLI Technology. Added support for GeForce 8800 GTS 512 GPU. Recommended driver for the latest DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL applications.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 28th 08 02:09 AM
by Dave Go to last post
23 578
New hard drive installation, complete nightmare by J1mmy
I initally bought a Hitachi 1TB drive to connect in SATA, that was getting picked up by my BIOS, but not Vista. Vista only saw it an an unknown device in task manager. I tried everything to get it picked up as a drive...nothing. Someone told me that it might be faulty, so I got another one sent out. Now i have 2 of these drives, a total of 2TB connected onto my PC which is running Vista Ultimate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 25th 08 12:49 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
23 629
How to contact Microsoft by C.B.[_5_]
Several days ago I posted a question concerning the inability of my Microsoft Fingerprint Reader to function. I did not receive answers from anyone in the discussion groups. I spent several hours over several days speaking to a Microsoft tech support supervisor trying to get it to work, to no avail, and the case was closed by Microsoft as having no solution available. This was not...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 12th 08 02:06 PM
by SeanP Go to last post
23 742
Can't access 2nd HDD by Drew
Just upgraded the computer by adding new motherboard, RAM, CPU and installing Vista 64 Home Basic. I cannot access my 2nd HDD in windows but windows can see it in the Device Manager and I can see it in my motherboards BIOS section also. Can anyone suggest a fix? I don't want to format the drive because I need all the info on there, that's why I had the second drive for storage. Thanks in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 2nd 08 02:05 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
23 460
IGFX by Betty
experience level-2 w/10 being COMPUTER IS ONLY 3 WEEKS OLD! Compaq Presario Windows Vista Premium I have never used Vista before. I don't seem to be having a problem using it. Or not lol While I am working the screen will go black for a few seconds. The notice: display driver has stopped responding and has recovered IGFX. I get this message 3-4 times a day. I don't have a clue what to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 20th 08 07:15 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
23 912
USB Device not recognised by The Earl
I have a Canon Pixma 530 Multifunctional Printer/Scanner/FAX which I am trying to connect to my new HP computer with Vista (I think it is 32 bit, if that is what "32x" means) - it dont work, a total of £1,200 worth of kit that is TOTALLY USELESS!!!!!!! (I have been messing around with this for a week now which is why I am a tad irritable and about to chuck the lot out the window). There is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 22nd 07 11:56 PM
by JohnM Go to last post
23 296
RAM Issue by Andrew McNab
I've been running Vista Ultimate on 2GB of RAM fine but decided to upgrade to 4GB because the prefetch cache got up to 1.4GB. My BIOS reports 4075MB of installed and useable RAM. Supports up to 8GB. Windows Vista only reports 3528MB RAM and results in a Blue Screen crash when logging in or shortly afterwards. I tested the 2 new SIMS by themselves and tried combinations of the original 2 SIMS...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 07 08:24 AM
by Nick Mason Go to last post
23 415
Visat 256Mb Video Card Recommendation by Dave
Can anyone recommend a 256MB video card fro 32-bit Vista that does not completely freeze up occasionally. I have a GeForce 7900 card that randomly locks up. Only a power off-on will get it going. I am not into gaming so a low to medium performance card is all I need. No overcloking needed.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 27th 07 06:32 PM
by Dave Go to last post
23 308
Intelli wireless keyboard & mouse by Alice
Now that the final Vista drivers are out, I was surprised to find that the screensaver and power options still (e.g. Sleep) do not start at the time set. It was mentioned as an issue in the beta drivers but no word on this problem in the final version. The KB mentions it in relation to PowerDVD but since I don't have that software, it does not apply. Anyone else having this issue and / or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 18th 07 02:35 PM
by Scottie11 Go to last post

From The