  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
1280x720 not available in games by p1ut0nium
Hope someone has an answer for me on this one: I have a Samsung 60" DLP TV plugged into my PC via VGA (Radeon X1800 XT). In Windows XP, I was able to choose 1280x720 resolution in most new games. In Vista Home Premium 64 Bit, I am able to choose 1280x720 on the desktop, but the option is not available in any games (despite the fact that I know they offer it as I've played them in XP). My...
March 20th 07 05:37 AM
by p1ut0nium Go to last post
0 135
128MB or 256MB video cards? by peter
The minimum requirement for vista seems to be 128MB video card. Would I gain any functionality by going to a 256MB card?
September 5th 06 09:55 PM
by LaRoux Go to last post
7 498
1394 device not recognized by sbower
My Panasonic DV2500 tape deck is not recognized using Vista. It was fine with XP. Other 1394 devices are fine. Tried kb 927827, but made no difference.
July 19th 07 10:36 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 172
1394 Firewire device drop off after sleep by JimmyT
I have an HP Slimline s3480a Desktop PC, attached to firewire M-Audio Firewire 410 external sound card. Firewire is supplying the power to this device. Also running Microsoft (R) Windows (R) 6.00. 6001 Service Pack 1 Multiprocessor Free. All was working fine up until about 1 month ago. When the computer resumes from sleep my M-Audio firewire is no longer recognized. I need to then power...
July 24th 08 06:55 AM
by JimmyT Go to last post
2 169
1394 Firewire dropped devices by John Lenz
Configuration: Vista Ultimate - 32 bit SP1 I have a Maxtor external firewire disk drive and it worked just fine until I installed my firewire camera to capture video. When I do, I lose the maxtor drive (which holds the captured video) and have to unplug/replug the Maxtor to get the drive recognized.
August 20th 08 09:59 PM
by John L[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
1394 Hook up by Jason
I have a laptop running Windows Vista. It has an ExpressCard/54. I need to hook my camera up to the laptop. The camera has a 4pin I link connection. I need an expresscard/1394 port to make this happen. I haven't had luck finding one. Any suggestions?
June 6th 08 10:36 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 304
1394 IEEE firewire code 10 error in vista by Darren S
Platform: Vista Home Premium SP2 and SP1 Problem Description: VIA OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller This device cannot start. (Code 10) Attempted solutions: Uninstall / Re-install: Error, Device Driver was not Correctly installed. Check Driver: Driver update tells me I have the right driver.
July 19th 09 06:00 AM
by Keith[_10_] Go to last post
3 257
1394 network adapter disapeared by Jean-Luc Montignie
No 1394 Device appear in the network adapter list... Any Hack from XP what to change in net1394.inf ?
July 17th 08 07:59 PM
by gringott[_2_] Go to last post
2 120
1440x900@60Hz by joseam
hola quisiera que me ayuden compre Windows vistas premiun y no me acepta el monitor. la pantalla es de 19" y me aparece un cartel "SOBREEXPLORACION SELECCIONE ES SU ORDENADOR 1440X900@60 HZ" luego de pasearme por todo. no puedo cambiar la configuracion si alguien sabe como lo puedo hacer se lo agredezco, por que ssto me saca de paciencia.
March 11th 07 03:11 AM
by LarryM Go to last post
4 172
15'4 screen + ATI radeon by Alex
Hi, I was about to buy a new laptop with a later upgrade to Vista, when i noticed the following warning: The combination of a 15.4" WSXGA+ screen & 128MB ATI® MOBILITYT RADEON® X1300 graphic card will not be compatible with next generation Microsoft operating system Vista Home Premium and Vista Business! has anyone come across this and is there a resolution, apart from not buying the...
November 28th 06 07:13 PM
by VA Go to last post
3 130
16 bit ms-dos subsystem message by pat
hello all, i just a new laptop with vista home premium installed. i am trying to use this laptop to communicate with industrial equipment. i get the following message administrator: command prompt-procomm driver does not support the selected baud rate (300) choose close to terminate the application. procomm is the communication program i am using in the ms dos mode ( command
July 28th 07 11:04 AM
by DonFL Go to last post
1 133
1680*1050 - Where is it at? by Bronder
This is in regards to the Vista x86 I got from MSDN. I have an NVidia 7900GT wtih a Viewsonic 22" that should be running native resolution at 1680*1050. I've installed the latest drivers from NVidia, the Viewsonic Vista Inf, etc & still get no native support. Is this some sort of crule trick being played by me. I have a 19" as my 2nd monitor & all is working there as intended. Any ideas?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 22nd 06 11:55 PM
by Clint Go to last post
10 296
1680x1050 available initially but never again by RickMohr
I recently got an Envision G2219w1 external monitor for my Gateway laptop running Vista Home Premium. Initially the monitor worked perfectly at the maximum 1680x1050 resolution. I used it for several hours, no problem. Then I put the laptop in hibernate mode and returned several hours later to continue my session. Now no matter what I do 1680x1050 is not offered as an option. 1600x1200 and...
November 2nd 08 03:44 PM
by Darkelldar[_4_] Go to last post
2 244
16:9 ratio on monitor by hamrdown
I have a flat screen monitor with a 16:9 ration. Up until a couple a days ago, everything was working fine with our screen saver. Then it all changed. The screen saver runs in a traditional TV format and I have tried everything I can to change it back. I have gone through the setup, the Windows Media Center, etc and nothing seems to work. It seems to only have affected the screen saver....
March 5th 08 11:56 AM
by Peter Go to last post
1 111
190 IRQ's??? by Rob
I have been researching my ACPI errors...you know like this one: Log Name: System Source: ACPI Description: IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 13, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance. And in looking into my IRQ's and sharing I fould that Vista created 190
February 27th 07 11:57 AM
by Bob Go to last post
3 521
1900+ rpm fan speed by vistar
my psu fan was going fast (and loud) so i decided to see wat its rpm was on an app called speedfan...adn turns out it goes over 1900 rpm. i shut off the comp for 3 hrs and go back on and the fan speed increases to 1900 rpm in 5 min. is that normal or no??? is there a way to manually change the fan speed.
January 3rd 08 02:10 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
5 108
1gig of RAM showing as 767 mb by Dave91
Is this normal for vista to show this? Im running the 32 bit version
June 28th 07 10:46 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
9 169
1st Raid Card Install, Need jump Start... by therock[_11_]
Hi Folks, My System config will be listed below. I have ran on board RAID and need advise or pointers to get me going with the Areca-1200 and two WD RE3 750GB hard drives. My humble skill level: I built my vista 64bit system myself from the ground up. A very nice smooth experience. Scary smooth.
November 14th 08 04:03 AM
by therock[_11_] Go to last post
0 326
2 bluetooth in same machine by Alejandro Becker
Hi, I want to install 2 bluetooth dongle in the same machine. If I install each them alone, they works ok. But if I install both together, one works ok, but the other one no, appears that can not start with code 10. What can I do? Thanks.
September 24th 07 10:14 PM
by jonathan perreault Go to last post
1 194
2 boots drives, want one. by Shell
I had a 320 Gig Vista as master drive. This drive started to give me grief. I installed a 1TB drive with one 250G partition and was able to install Vista on it. As it is, I can boot eitehr one by halting Bios and changing the boot drive there (a rather cumbersome means). I want to get files off the older 320G drive, but I can't get past "USERS" folder. Vista 1Tb green progress bar runs...
July 18th 08 07:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The