  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Zx86 NT, the new hyperaccelerated alternative to unix & windows. http://magizian.hopto.org by /\\/\\agizian
Zx86 NT, the new hyperaccelerated alternative to unix & windows. http://magizian.hopto.org
January 1st 11 01:37 PM
by /\\/\\agizian Go to last post
0 1,047
Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD by colt22[_12_]
Hey, I have a Texas Instruments Card Reader DRIVER:, but I cannot access SD CARDS. When I put my 2GB SD Card in it asks me to format, but when I try to format it, It says It cannot format, thus making the card useless. anyone else have this problem ! :( -- colt22
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 05:59 PM
by schalla01[_3_] Go to last post
16 1,046
Gameport on Creative SBLive sound card by Eran
Hi, I have a Creative SBLive sound card (PCI). Vista installed the sound drivers ok, but generates an error when it tries to install the Gameport driver for the gameport (15-pin) that is on the card. Any suggestions? Vista error details are below for two scenarios I tried. Device manager accepts it if I select "Unsupported Game Port for Creative", but that doesn't help since I can't use the...
December 14th 06 06:07 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
5 1,040
Hard-drive corruption question by M Skabialka
I have a hard drive that stopped functioning when other hardware was added to the system. I ran diagnostics from the manufacturer website which said nothing was wrong. I have added that drive to three other computers as a primary or slave, or in an external USB case. Each time the computer will not boot past the intial windows flag screen, and BSOD shows errors in ntfs.sys. If I boot to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 2nd 09 02:12 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
38 1,038
Ready Boost Flash Drive 4 gb from 8 gb Drive by Joel
Hello, I am using Vista 64 Home Premium with 8 gb ddr2 ram. I use an 8 gb flash drive formatted NTSF. The Readyboost cash is limitted to 4090 bytes. Why? Should I be able to use the full 8 gb? -- Joel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 10th 09 08:41 PM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
23 1,037
Cannot extend desktop with multiple monitors by worldzfree
I just did a clean install of RC1 (5600) on my Dell GX280. It is running an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family on-board video card and also running the DVI adapter that allows me to run another monitor. The OS installs fine but when I have mirrored desktops running by default. When I go into the display settings it shows my second monitor as greyed/disabled. If I right-click on...
September 7th 06 01:10 AM
by worldzfree Go to last post
0 1,035
Missing dialog to burn CDR by !kalboBill
This used to work fine but now does not. When I insert a CDR or DVD, no dialog pops up offering to fromat the CDR. If I try to read the CDR, it tells me it has to be formatted first. How do I get the dialog back or manually start the dialog? Bill
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 3rd 10 01:38 PM
by Mr. Arnold Go to last post
10 1,035
Mustek BearPaw 1200 CU Plus drivers by mysiar
Hi I had few attempts which failed to find drivers. Suddenly I needed this scanner again and surprise I found them. Maybe they will be useful for somebody 'Mustek-Treiber-BearPaw 1200 CU Plus' (http://www.mustek.de/eng_/html/treiber/scanner/bp1200cuplus.htm) Cheers Piotr
April 21st 09 06:27 PM
by mysiar Go to last post
0 1,024
Changing Boot Devices Without Reinstalling Windows 7 by Larry[_16_]
All, I was given an image of a Windows 7 machine on an IDE drive to build into a VM (VMware Workstation 7) for evidence collection. I use BESR to generate a sv2i file, then imported the sv2i into a VM using VMware Workstation's import utility. However, the VM crashes on boot with a Stop: 0x0000007B (0xFFFFFA60005AF9C0,0xFFFFFFFFC0000034,0x0000000000000000,0x0000000000000000). I believe that the...
February 26th 11 04:31 AM
by Larry[_16_] Go to last post
0 1,023
Emulate a COM port from USB connection? by Kevang
Hope I'm asking the right question ... I have an older application (circa 2002) that connects to a VHF radio thru a serial or USB cable. The software only has provisions for communicating with the radio thru COM's 1 thru 4. Is there some way to emulate or dedicate a COM port thru a USB connection?
January 3rd 08 06:03 AM
by Andy Go to last post
7 1,021
"No bootable device" error by Hamlet10
Hello. I apologize if I have posted this in the incorrect forum. Just a few hours ago my laptop spontaneously crashed, or so it would seem, and any attempt to restart it leads to a pitch black screen with the text "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key". When I start the laptop, it at first leads to a screen with the word Compaq in big, bold letters and a plethora of options...
November 16th 09 07:17 PM
by IkkiTowaras Go to last post
5 1,020
AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working by aussie_lonesQS89
I downloaded updates the other day and since then every time i log on i get a window saying it needs to complete installation or something like that i have gone through every possible choice to say yes or no but it still always comes up. The finger scanner is playing up with it as well. I tried to do the rollback that i read somewhere should help but i am unable to choose the rollback...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 21st 09 11:30 PM
by bhavneetk[_4_] Go to last post
26 1,017
USB ports stopped working after Windows updates by SCOTTS
After installing 2 updates the USB ports on my docking station stopped working (they still work on the PC). The updates we 1) Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB960353) and 2) Cypress - Other hardware - HX2LP kit (3.03.0000.2). I have tried system restore but it failed - said it didn't restore. (this always happens - any idea why?) The Cypress update does not show up on Programs &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 09 09:09 PM
by Dinosaur[_2_] Go to last post
15 1,012
Vista (Hp pavilion dv2000) Home Premium Network problems by Yerto
Ok about three months ago my wireless internet was working perfectly other than maybe signal problems, one afternoon there were some updates needing to take place by restarting the computer so I restarted. Next thing I know I login to the computer and the little light at the bottom of my keyboard is red(wireless disabled) but it was in enable position so I flipped it to disable and back again and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 18th 10 04:48 AM
by Americano Go to last post
16 1,009
usb host controller error code 43 by mcp111
On my Windows 7 laptop at home, I'm getting usb host controller error code 43. My usb printer works and my usb flash drive works but my external 250gb usb drive does not work. Any ideas on how to fix this? BY the way why is there no newsgroup for Windows 7 at communities.microsoft.com???
December 31st 09 05:13 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
2 998
Is there a way to install Vista on an old PC that has no DVD drives? by Ant[_2_]
Hello. I have an old Dell Dimension 8250 test PC that I would like to install Vista onto. However, it has no DVD drives. I cannot even boot from external USB drives (3.5" disk drive, external HDDs, and DVD burner drive -- CMOS doesn't see them and found out PC doesn't support bootable USB devices). However, I do have enough HDD space (30 GB free on second partition) to copy Vista DVD (or...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 24th 09 06:25 PM
by Ant Go to last post
28 967
Microsoft Driver for "Legacy Audio Devices" by Andrew Fiddian-Green
In Windows XP most basic sound cards are supported by drivers written by Microsoft for supporting "Legacy Audio Devices" But it seems that Microsoft written drivers for such legacy audio devices were not delivered in Vista Beta 2. I am assuming such drivers are included in later builds. = But I wonder if there is anywhere I can get them for the current Beta #2?
August 28th 06 04:11 PM
by Andrew Fiddian-Green Go to last post
0 958
Anyone trying 8GB of memory on Vista 64? by Noel[_6_]
I am putting together a new build and since PC-6400 DDR2 is sooo cheap I thought I might consider 8GB on an X38 board. I already have 2x2GB dimms, and was guessing if I went to 8GB it might be nice to have 4 identical DIMMS, which are still available (ie, another 2x2gb of the pair I have now). Anyone have wisdom about this? My main uses NOW are MS Flight Simulator, Gigastudio, and both of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 28th 08 01:41 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
60 955
trouble with new ram by Computer & Sound System Tech
i bought ram last month i believe, and for some reason i'm getting the blue screen of death sometimes not always. and today was even worse the computer would always give me the blue screen of death, and i waited few hours and turned it on and now it's fine. but i'm tired of the blue screen especially the ram is fine, i will try the ram tester, but i wanted to know if there was something i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 07 05:05 AM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
45 955
Single vs Dual Core Performance by black clouds
I'd like to know if anyone using a single core processor has noticed any significant improvement in performance after upgrading to Windows Vista or is it only those with Dual Core processors that are noticing significant improvements to performance? (Please, this question is for those who were previously running XP with the same hardware, if you’ve increase your RAM or made other hardware...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 5th 07 09:10 PM
by cquirke (MVP Windows shell/user) Go to last post

From The