Belkin F5D7050 Wireless G USB Adapter by cwinterb
Windows update offered me a driver update for the above device (it is based on a Ralink chipset). I opted to download and install it. All seemed OK until my PC asked for a restart, when it hung on the "Shutting Down" screen and I eventually had to power it off. The PC then refused to boot up. It went through the POST fine, through the initial Vista boot-up screens, then, after a few...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 09 01:21 PM
by twich Go to last post
10 1,905
itunes has stopped working APPCRASH by The Fat 1
Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: iTunes.exe Application Version: 7.2.0.35 Application Timestamp: 4660ad21 Fault Module Name: StackHash_03ef Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 20092400
June 23rd 09 12:26 PM
by gurnakjs Go to last post
8 425
external HDD format to FAT/FAT32 by Craig008
i am having a problem with formating a couple of external HDDs to FAT for use with PS3, vista will only allow me to format them to NTFS, is there another way of formating them -- grapes
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 23rd 09 10:41 AM
by 02abarks Go to last post
11 715
Memory issue 2meg = 5.9 4 meg = ? by Wonderman[_2_]
I have a prior post ( see below ) where I swapped out 4 x 512 PC4200 and although Sony didnt state it dropped in 4 x 1meg 5300. First Windows expereince score was 5.9 and after the upgrade it dropped to 5.4. First batch was ildata & Crucial mix and these are all PNY. I think I'd like to go to 4 Crucial sticks as the PNY sticks werent allidentical ( couldnt tell till I opened the pack )....
June 22nd 09 07:51 PM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
6 318
Computer shuts down. by Kristoffer
Hello! I just wanted to ask why this is, a friend of mine has a computer, its not vista doubt. It just Windows XP. So, it shuts down without any error or anything, I mean like your surfing on the web and the computer shutsdown and restarts, what can the issue with this be? I mean, it just turns off, without any warning, It turns pitchblack and the computer turns on agian. I helpt him...
June 22nd 09 06:37 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
6 345
CAS Latency question by Wonderman[_2_]
I have sticks of DDR2 PC5300 running on a 533 bus. On a 667 bus the latency is published ot ne 5 but CPU ID states 4 @ 533. Have I got this correct ? Looking at replacing ram per prior post. I had a higher Windows EXP. score with pc4200 ram running at a 4 latency yes there is a cost advantage at the moment for the 5300 ram / 667 bus / 5 latency. I'd like ot put in the 5300 and let the MB...
June 22nd 09 03:11 AM
by Wonderman[_2_] Go to last post
0 277
RAID-1 with different sized disks under vista, intel matrix ICH9R by zorxd
Hi I have an ICH9R board and intel matrix storage. I previously had a 1TB drive with 250GB free (not partitioned). I added a second 250GB hard drive. Is it possible to create a raid1 volume (end of 1TB drive+full 250GB drive) without loosing all my data on the other 750GB of the drive? I don't see how to do it in the matrix storage console. I know it's possible to do this with software raid but...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 22nd 09 01:27 AM
by Dave Warren Go to last post
12 635
AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working by aussie_lonesQS89
I downloaded updates the other day and since then every time i log on i get a window saying it needs to complete installation or something like that i have gone through every possible choice to say yes or no but it still always comes up. The finger scanner is playing up with it as well. I tried to do the rollback that i read somewhere should help but i am unable to choose the rollback...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 21st 09 11:30 PM
by bhavneetk[_4_] Go to last post
26 1,022
HTC Touch Pro 2 not recognized by Vista (SP1/SP2), missing drivers by Tom
Since previous week I have a smartphone HTC Touc Pro 2, previous I had a Nokia 6021 which connects via your bluetooth stack to my desktop. With this device I have no problems seen. Communication works perfect. Now there are problems when I want to connect the smartphone device to my PC via Bluetooth. Installing the drivers gives me an error. I have Windows Vista x86 SP2 installed. I do the...
June 21st 09 08:19 PM
by Tom Go to last post
3 353
Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD by colt22[_12_]
Hey, I have a Texas Instruments Card Reader DRIVER:, but I cannot access SD CARDS. When I put my 2GB SD Card in it asks me to format, but when I try to format it, It says It cannot format, thus making the card useless. anyone else have this problem ! :( -- colt22
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 05:59 PM
by schalla01[_3_] Go to last post
16 1,049
Vista32 to 64 Sony Vaio help by Wonderman[_2_]
I have a Sony desktop VGC-RA840G Pentium D running Ultimate 32 with 4 x 512 DDR2 4200 sticks. This is a dead silent water cooled machine I'd ike to keep. The specs call for that as the maximum although the chipset ( Intel 945P ) will go over 10. I'd like to run Ultimate 64. About a year or so ago I found a post about somene who upgraded to 4 x 1 meg sticks at the same speed...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 21st 09 04:44 PM
by Wonderman[_2_] Go to last post
12 582
How to force a bigger screen resolution? by JBP0cketChange
How can i force a bigger screen resolution? My current resolution is 1360x768 and i would like to make it larger heres my system specs, Hp slimline s3700y, Widows Vista Home premium SP1, Video card: NVIDIA geforce 6150 se, Monitor: Sony 32" LCD Bravia, usiing RGB input on my tv. I updated all my drivers and still no luck... I know its possible because on my other outdated computer i can get...
June 21st 09 12:20 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
8 341
Recording Devices Tab always freezes by mubd
I can't use my microphone or any recording device, as when I click on the recording devices tab in sound, It freezes. The device names pop up, but then it stops responding. HELP ME PLEASE!
June 21st 09 03:08 AM
by eslate Go to last post
2 275
Volume control doesn't work / MS Natural MM Keyboard by Imageman
Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit / Intellitype Driver ITP64ENG.exe v6.1 installed When I press the Mute button on my,"Microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard (whew)" the control appears on the screen, and the mute function works, on and off. However the ± buttons have no affect? Any ideas? - Thanks for your help, IM "Replies welcomed as a sign of good etiquette" Nostradomus 1560
June 20th 09 07:56 PM
by shaktiIIIgta Go to last post
1 320
wireless security stopped by Erich Oelschlegel
i have a realtek 8187b wlan card in my toshiba satellite a215-s7437, running vista premium 64-bit. every now and then (not consistent), the connection drops unexpectedly, and when i try to reconnect to the wireless network, it says there are no wireless connections available, when i know there are at least 5-6 in range. the only solution i have found so far is to disable the card in device...
June 19th 09 04:02 PM
by mmari Go to last post
1 304
USB Stick problems by biggi
I’ve installed a virtual machine with operating system windows vista business. Every time I connect a usb-stick at the usbport, I get the following message: This device can realize a better performance. This USB-Device will realize a better performance, if it will be plugged in into a high-speed usb 2.0-connector. Can somebody tell me what i've to do.
June 19th 09 02:43 PM
by biggi Go to last post
2 285
external hard drive by Walter Goldschmidt[_3_]
I have several external hard drives and to remove them from usb port your suppose to double click remove hardware icon in task bar near clock. I have ruined 2 of them by accidentally unplugging them. If the computer is turned off is it a different story. Can you go ahead and unplug it without clicking remove hardware icon without harming device? Walt
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 19th 09 01:32 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
22 733
Backup Tool causes Blue Screen of Death - nvstor.sys by Eric F
My Computer: MSI P6N SLI Platinum Motherboard (nForce 650i SLI) Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 OCZ Gold PC-5400 667MHz 2GB RAM (4 DIMMS) BFG GeForce 7950 GT Western Digital Caviar 200GB HD (WD200) Western Digital Raptor 74GB HD(WD74) Samsung 400GB HD Problem:
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 18th 09 08:16 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
16 651
Realtek HD Audio and SP2 by Rojo Habe[_3_]
After installing SP2 I noticed that Windows had replaced my Realtek HD Audio driver with its own older version. It also now appears twice in the Device Manager; I can remove one of them with no ill effects but it is redetected at next boot and reinstalled. So I removed both of them, installed the latest Realtek driver and rebooted. Now I still have two instances - one (called Realtek High...
June 18th 09 07:15 PM
by Rojo Habe[_4_] Go to last post
5 346
Bluetooth Driver for my hp latop by Ol
I bought a laptop few months ago but each time it boots there is a message that the Bluetooth Driver needs to be installed. Details are below: Description: Windows detected a new device attached to your computer, but could not find the driver software it needs to make the device usable. Each device manufacturer typically includes driver software of a CD that comes with the device, or as a...
June 18th 09 05:37 PM
by Tae Song Go to last post

From The