no drivers for GeForce Ti 4200 AGP8x??? by mspress
I can't seem to get the new Nvidia forveware to work. I read in the manuel, and it seems my 'old' product won't be supported anymore... Does that mean I'm just f****d and have to buy a new one to operate Vista??? Please HELP!
October 17th 06 07:26 PM
by BIGDADDY51 Go to last post
3 149
Digitalpersona 2.0 / MS Fingerprint reader by Michael
When will this beta driver become available?? What must one do to become a beta tester....??! It's so annoying that my recently bought Microsoft Fingerprint Reader won't work knowing that a functional vista driver exists...! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
October 17th 06 07:53 PM
by Stephen Go to last post
5 165
Resize a partition by Twilight
I have a little problem... I'm trying to resize my main partition where Vista is installed. I'm trying to enlarge it. But there is a problem, of course... Here is what the partition table looks like: Partition 1 NTFS Primary (Vista partition) Partition 2 NTFS Primary Extended Partition Partition 3 NTFS Logical Free space
October 17th 06 09:27 PM
by Mark D. VandenBerg Go to last post
5 133
Bluetooth Help by Greg677
i have installed a bluetooth USB adaptor and i use a application and it works fine but if i try and serch for the device with vista it says that i havent plugged my bluetooth in or my phone is nt allowing the connection but i have followerd every instruction and it still doesnt work why?
October 17th 06 09:46 PM
by Greg677 Go to last post
0 145
New nVidia Drivers by DCR
I downloaded and installed both the new (X86 and X64 --separate downloads) nVidia drivers. After new performance scan, same video score (4.6). Areo Glass fully functional. nVidia Cantrol Panel incomplete -- no TV adjustments. (7600 GS card)
October 17th 06 10:21 PM
by DCR Go to last post
0 133
Modem drivers under Vista RC2 by Ineedmydialupmodem
There are no modem drivers in Vista RC2. Does anyone know of a 56K modem that has Vista drivers or any place to get generic modem drivers for Vista.
October 18th 06 01:42 AM
by PaulB Go to last post
2 155
Disk Defragmenting and Disk Cleanup by tonya20
How often should you run the disk defragmenter and the disk cleanup? Thank you.
October 18th 06 03:06 AM
by Cheddarhead Go to last post
1 153
Standby/Resume on nVidia by ericthebikeman
Anyone else having problems with RC2 resuming from Standby/Hibernate on nVidia hardware? Particularly when in slate mode on a TabletPC? I have noticed that the problem manifests itself with the elevated privledges dialog boxes as well, again only in slate mode. In laptop mode everything seems to work just fine. I tried the older drivers which seemed to work on Beta2 but that forced me to do...
October 18th 06 07:07 AM
by romer Go to last post
1 157
Optical Drive Power Saving by Patrick
Normally... if you choose a low-consuming power-saving profile... you have the option to switch off the optical drive (to save battery). HOWEVER! In XP... when you switched by to a non-saving power-profile, the optical drive would switch back on immediately. In Vista, once the optical drive has been put to sleep... there's no waking it up unless i reboot. Help?!
October 18th 06 08:28 AM
by Patrick Go to last post
0 145
Can't open files by Softhart
I just installed Vista RC 2 and I can't open files off a Thumb drive (shows no files) or a floppy disk (tells me the disk is not formatted)
October 18th 06 09:04 AM
by Softhart Go to last post
0 155
Adaptec SCSI and IDE periphrials. by Dark Fact
I was told via Email today that Adaptec has no plans to support Windows Vista in alpha, beta, RC or final stages until after 2007!!! So what can I do if I use the 1200A raid controller do I have to reformat my raid just to put this on? Surely there is adaptec support in windows vista as in XP service pack 1? Any info on the 2940UW SCSI Cards and ATA 1200A RAID controller is appreciated. I...
October 18th 06 01:07 PM
by Paul Go to last post
4 234
Why the unsupported ATI video by Jo
I have a fairly new laptop with plenty of power to run Vista (PenIV 3.06); in fact, it runs quite well, and except for the lack of video card support, I would consider upgrading. However, ATI does not support my video chip and the drivers included with Vista (that I must load manually, since Vista does not, for some reason, recognize my chip) are very slow. Checking video performance with...
October 18th 06 02:03 PM
by Jo Go to last post
3 210
I'm currently downloading RC1, but can I get RC2? by Nigel Molesworth
As per the title. I'm currently downloading RC1, and it's going to take until tomorrow! Is there somewhere I can get RC2? -- Nigel M
October 18th 06 02:06 PM
by Jo Go to last post
5 218
Windows Update Not Installing NIC driver by RockDawgLA
3Com 3c905b-tx NIC not working under Vista RC1. Using dialup, I go to Windows Update. It recommends updating the driver for that card. It downloads the file, but when it tries to install it, it fails giving me the code 80070103. I can't seem to find the solution to this problem. I have disabled anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewall. No change. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
October 18th 06 02:35 PM
by Clark Go to last post
1 233
All-In-Wonder X800 XT "Getting the TV to Work" by Timmer
I got the X800 XT AIW to work. Took me all day Saturday to figure it out...but I used to spend more time than that installing Windows 95 from floppy years ago =-) 1) Install the drivers and multimedia from the original x800 cd. 2) When the install fails and a pop-up askes to try it again using recomended settings click yes. 3) reboot 4)After install when it is trying to load drivers and...
October 18th 06 06:17 PM
by camilo Go to last post
1 235
Horrible performance with ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 Drivers by nick
Anyone having luck with ATI Radeon Mobility 9700 drivers? I have tried the Beta drivers from ATI and the drivers that come with Vista. With either of these drivers installed the screen refreshes once per 5 seconds. Uninstalling the driver makes the system work pretty well - but they keep getting reinstalled by Vista when it detects no drivers are installed. System: Sager Laptop (can't...
October 18th 06 06:21 PM
by BigWoodFarmer Go to last post
4 251
Nvidia 96.85 drivers won't load. by sickpuppy
Downloaded new Nvidia 96.85 x86 drivers and they will not load. I get an error msg stating that I am not running Windows Vista, even though I am running Windows Vista RC2 Build 5744 and video card is a Nvidia GeForce 6600 256mb video memory. I was really hoping that these drivers would work and gaming would be improved. I followed the instructions and turned off virus software and unloaded...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 06 08:45 PM
by sickpuppy Go to last post
11 399
Regarding nVidia Problems by DCR
PS: It seems that since your monitor screen is black when connected to the built in video adapter, your bios has already automatically detected that another video adapter is installed. Try connecting the monitor cable to the new nVidia card and just booting up normally. If you have a built in video adapter, you must first disable it in the system bios and specify wheater you wish an AGP or...
October 18th 06 09:26 PM
by dev Go to last post
3 244
WiFi NoGo by Jon@JBCG
Any solution yet to WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) failure to connect? I have Intel 2200bg and Netgear WGR624v2, still unable to connect after installing Vista Beta 2 . .. . -- Jon
October 18th 06 09:33 PM
by Mandi Go to last post
1 240
Windows Mobile Device Center by Chris Cordodor
Does anyone know the status of the Windows Mobile Device Center? The ActiveSync page says that this will be the replacement for ActiveSync in Windows Vista. When is the projected release date?
October 18th 06 09:39 PM
by Chris Cordodor Go to last post

From The