Nvidia SLI Driver. by RonK
Nvidia has released a Beta driver for Vista 64 bit. You can successfully enable SLI. It works but I get artifacting ocassinally. Post back if you get the same results. http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html
March 10th 07 11:56 PM
by The Traveler Go to last post
4 189
choosing playback mode by ronko
I just started using Vista Ultimate on a multimedia system. It seems that I cannot have sound coming out of both speakers and SPDIF at the same time. The sound configuration software forces me to choose a "default". This is a real problem for those who want a different sound setup for playing movies than they use for playing music. It means you have to keep going into the sound setup...
September 9th 07 12:08 PM
by Juarez Go to last post
1 126
Lost my CD/DVD Drives by RonM
I have had Vista Ultimate installed for about a month. I have 2 CD/DVD drives - one is USB, the other is IDE. Both have been working fine... until last night. I can no longer see them in windows. Device Manager says the drivers are OK, but Windows had a problem loading them (error 39). I can see them when I boot up (before Windows starts). I know this because I can interrupt the boot...
May 9th 07 06:30 PM
by RonM Go to last post
0 105
Touchpad Pointer Speed by Ronnie
I'm running Windows XP Home Edition 5.1 on an HP Pavilion zd8000 with a Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad. Every full reboot (restart, or full shutdown, but not from standby), it resets the mouse speed. Can I lock in my chosen mouse speed, and if so, how do I do that? I'm not very computer literate, so I'll need step-by-step instructions, please.
August 18th 07 05:02 PM
by Ronnie Go to last post
0 103
Adding e-SATA Drive Changes Physical Disk 0 in Logical Disk Manager - Any Problem? by Ronnie Pincus
I am running Vista Ultimate 32-bit on a SCSI boot drive, which shows correctly as Physical Disk 0 in Vista's Logical Disk Manager snap-in. It is partitioned as Drive C. I have an additional SCSI drive for data partitioned as Drive D that shows correctly as Physical Disk 1. The SCSI drives are connected to an Adaptec 19160 host adapter in the PCI slot. I recently added an external e-SATA...
June 16th 07 05:29 AM
by Ronnie Pincus Go to last post
0 120
Memory stick messages by ronnie robson
I am using a Corsair memory stick with vista. Every time I try to transfer a file I receive the message "Are you sure you want to copy this folder without its properties" "The folder ----has properties that cannot be copied to the new location" Corsair cannot give me any help. Can anyone out there help?.
May 17th 08 09:26 AM
by Bender Go to last post
1 226
forcing recognition of sataraid har drive by ronnielee
I will make this as specific has possible. I just completed building a system. I installed a pcchips 848a motherboard supporting a 462a socket amd. I installed a amd 3000+ processor 512 mgs of ddr ram during the rebuild I attempted to reuse my old hard drives. This is where the problem starts.
July 17th 07 12:54 PM
by Dave B. Go to last post
5 162
Fan Speed. by Ronnievdl
Why do you want all the fans blowing at 100%? Is your laptop overheating? I think they turn off to lower the amount of noise, and they will go faster if your laptop warms up. "John" wrote: While booting my Vista laptop, the fan is on full blast. As soon as Vista
August 17th 07 12:53 AM
by Ronnievdl Go to last post
0 169
I can't zinc Palm Zire 71 and Can't use Camera BenQ DC 1300 by Ronny Diaz
With Vista I can't: 1- I installed the sofware for Palm Zire 71, but when I tried to zinc the device it's impossible to be connected. 2- I installed the sofware for BenQ DC 1300 digital Camer, but when I plug in the divice nothing happens, so, I can't download my photos from my camera !!!!! These devices were working OK with XP.
March 28th 07 12:53 AM
by Ronny Diaz Go to last post
0 78
Write-protected USC, no switch by Roo
My emprex 2 GB has been showing me "this disk is write-protected" suddenly and I can't delete anything off of it. There is no switch for it. I've tried methods through the command prompt, computer manager device, forcefully formatting it.. pretty much everything other threads have come up with. I'm guessing this problem is something new with vista? Would anyone please help me? Any...
November 15th 07 12:04 PM
by Roo Go to last post
0 132
Vista refuses to use bluetooth headset by Roof Fiddler
I successfully paired my bluetooth headset with Vista. When I paired them, Vista opened the Found New Hardware wizard and wanted to install device drivers. No disk came with the headset, so I told Vista to search online, and it found nothing, and told me the driver installation failed. But the headset does show up in bluetooth devices in Vista as an audio device. In its properties, on the...
February 18th 07 04:29 PM
by Roof Fiddler Go to last post
1 229
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. by Rookie27
Hi all! First of all I really hope I can get some help here because all the googling what I have done and threads read concerning about my problem are all from here but I haven't find anything to help my case. So I have had a problems since I bought my computer what comes with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits and now almost whatever I play my screen freezes during gaming for let say 1 min and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 3rd 07 07:51 AM
by Rookie27[_5_] Go to last post
20 711
missing screen by rookieinct
I am using Microsoft Vista Home Addition and I am a novice. I downloaded a copy of turbo tax and part of the screens are missing --- no buttons. I have that problem with other software as well. I know its not Turbotax because it works just fine on my XP laptop. It's driving me crazy. How do I fix it?
February 26th 08 05:16 PM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
6 136
And now I cant install Vista x64! by Roost
First thing, hello, Im new here cos I've been having some problems with my Vista Ultimate, I installed it 1 and half months ago without any problem but yesterday I was checking my 17 Gbs partition without enough space (where vista is installed) so I usea a partition software to delete another one and use that space in my vista partition, before I delete the other partition, this software warn me...
April 24th 09 08:43 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 322
Outlook by Rosanna@MASW
I have an odd thing happening with my Outlook (we use 2003). After the upgrade to Vista Business, parts of the folder names (down the left side) are now cut off. They are not in a straight line, but cut off in a jagged manner down the entire length of the panel. I have considered reinstalling the outlook, but thought I'd see if anyone else has had this problem and see if there is another...
March 21st 07 09:20 PM
by Mary Go to last post
1 150
Sound by Rosanna@MASW
My sound issue is similar to some I've read, in some ways. I upgraded seven computers to Vista (over the weekend), all the speakers worked when I did it except mine. However, today I find that in addition to mine not working two other computer's speakers stopped working. Both of these computers are actually new systems, both came with Avista Home prior to the upgrade, and both have Dell...
March 20th 07 11:36 PM
by John Swenson Go to last post
2 217
Device Manager by rosca
Have a strange problem, when trying to open device manager to do some hardware maintainance, Windows Explorer reboots and the device manager never opens. Any ideas?
September 7th 06 09:49 PM
by rosca Go to last post
0 493
System Registry by Rosco
I need help. I am getting an error when I turn on my laptop. The error is "error accessing the system registry". What could I do to solve this problem? Thank you......
December 12th 07 05:13 PM
by Rosco Go to last post
2 123
Nomad Jukebox 3 and Firewire on Vista? by Roscoe
Since I have installed Vista, I can't get my ancient Creative Nomad Jukebox 3 to work with firewire. It works on USB, but this old mp3 player only functions at USB 1.0 speed, which is a bit slow when transferring files. My question is, is firewire supported in Vista? The firewire setup worked like a charm in Windows XP Pro. Ros
January 16th 07 03:41 PM
by dirty old man Go to last post
3 167
CD Drive Problems by Ross
My CD Drive wont read ANY discs, in device manager the ! is next to it so i click on it and it said this: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. I dont understand what this is all...
May 25th 07 07:41 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post

From The