TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center by Darin_STL
HP m7680n Upgrade to Vista Ultimate - TV Tuner not found when setting up TV in Media Center I purchased an HP m7680n system that ran Media Center 2005 without any errors. The PC was labeled and sold as Vista Capable. I ran the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor and was told that my machine could run Vista. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and receive an error message when I try to setup the TV...
February 9th 07 02:31 AM
by JW Go to last post
9 268
Power Failure and Windows canĀ“t find 2Wire USB Remote NDIS Etherne by dareys
Greetings, During a lightning storm, the power failed. Upon reboot, a message indicated that new hardware had been found. I tried getting the drivers from the Windows XP Installation CD as well as others to no avail. This seems related to a USB 2.0 port? However, I am not sure. Can anyone help? I am trying the knowledge base in parallel, but my initial search yielded nothing.
July 25th 08 04:11 PM
by dareys Go to last post
3 282
MS Natural Keyboard 4000/Vista: Hotkey to open/close optical drive by darex
Is there a program/script that can be linked to in Windows Vista via the Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000's 5 hotkeys that will open and close the optical drive? I have an HP a6000n, and I know that the keyboard that came with it has a dedicated button for this purpose. I'm looking for a directory tree/link to the program in question that opens AND closes the tray, or a suggestion for a utility...
May 16th 07 01:17 AM
by darex Go to last post
0 98
MS Natural Keyboard 4000/Vista: Hotkey to open/close optical drive by darex
I should add: I have the latest keyboard drivers from HP, but still couldn't locate the key file which performs this task :-(. I presume there MUST be one. David
May 16th 07 04:14 AM
by darex Go to last post
2 128
problem with Nokia N70 !!! by daretofail
Hello everyone ! I am posting a problem seeming not to relate to Vista but I hope someone can help.I am using a Nokia N70 mobile music edition but when I transferred avi file to it , I could only here the sound ,no scene ( that ' s similar when I transferred video which had been converted from WMV to MP4 by total video convert )? -- daretofail
October 28th 08 10:54 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 368
DVD-RAM drive has disappeared by darcal
I've had a brand new Acer Aspire 5101 laptop for 3 weeks and suddenly the DVD-RAM drive (Mat****a UJ-850S) seems to have disappeared from my system. It was working perfectly and now I can't use it at all. When I view My Computer my 2 hard drive partitions are there (C: and D:) but the is no E: drive. When I open Device Manager it says the device is not working, but I'm sure it can't be a...
June 28th 07 04:50 PM
by freddy Go to last post
6 201
dvdrw writes but doesn't read by dar
windows vista premium,upgrade from basic,febuary.worked perfect till last week.I can now put in blank cd and burn music,but if i put in software disc or vista upgrade disc too reinstall os the disc turns but nothing happens.I click start then click computer,then it shows hard drives (2)-local disc (c:)143gb,local disc (d:)5.75gb, devices with removeable storage (1)-dvd rw drive (e:),then i...
January 8th 08 10:03 AM
by nbassili Go to last post
4 156
will this lot work with 64? by DaPopeUk
Hi all :-) After my hdd caught fire i decided it was time to upgrade. So will all this work with Vista 64: EVGA S755 NFORCE 790I MOBO OCZ DDR3 2000MHZ PC3 16000 FLEX2 RAM INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8600 WOLFDALE 3.33 GHZ XFX GEFORCE GT ALPHA DOG 1024 MB GPU (IN SLI) COOLERMASTER 1000W REALPOWER PRO PSU
August 16th 08 12:49 AM
by DaPopeUk Go to last post
2 188
Can't play disks by Dante
When I try to open a disk, the driver ejects it and it says please insert a disk into drive. I tried uninstalling and installing the CD RW DRIVER, but it still doesn't work. How can I fix this
June 21st 08 05:42 PM
by Curious Go to last post
5 248
Voice Modem that works with Vista by DanR
Anyone know of "ANY" voice modem that will work with Vista?
February 21st 07 04:23 PM
by BillP Go to last post
8 249
Slow Internet After Vista Wakes From Sleep by danP25
When I wakeup my computer after Vista has been asleep, my internet connection is significantly slower. For example, pages that would normally take 1-2 seconds to load take 10-20 seconds and images are always very slow to load. The problem can be reproduced without fail. After a restart the speeds are what I would expect. Put the machine into sleep mode, then wake it back up, and suddenly my...
May 26th 07 08:12 AM
by Neil Harley Go to last post
4 159
X-Fi XtremeGamer by Dano_y2k2
Any suggestions will be helpful. I have installed and re-installed the lastest driver and applications for my X-Fi sound card. I have noticed a random popping sound and no sound at all. Is their a command-line parameter or some way edit a file(s) to correct this?
June 27th 07 04:17 PM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
7 161
Lan Not Recognized in Vista Ultimate - Fresh Installation by danoco
Vista is not recognizing my lan device. The motherboard is an Asus K8V Deluxe. Vista does not find the driver from the motherboard installation CD. Anyone have a solution?
July 12th 07 03:30 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 155
old winterm 3000 series cannot connect to Vista Ultimate RDP remote desktop connection by dannypr
I have an old Winterm 3000 series (from around the year 2000). I can connect to a Windows 2003 server using an RDP connection. However, when I try to connect to Vista Untimate using RDP remote desktop I get an error message: Client and Server versions do not match. I assume this is referring to the version of the RDP protocol ( I believe Windows 2003 uses RDP protocol 5.2 and Vista uses RDP...
October 28th 08 08:42 PM
by dannypr Go to last post
0 309
How to be Sure if a Hard Drive Is Blown by dannymichel[_15_]
I got a new HDD the other day so I did some file moving. I cloned my OS from one of my 320GB HDDs to the new one then I deleted all the files from the 320GB and moved about 120GBs from another HDD to the 320GB HDD that used to have the OS on it. Everything seemed to work fine for a bit. I turned my PC off for a few hours and decided to make sure that all the SATA connector's were connected...
September 27th 08 09:17 AM
by DL Go to last post
1 291
Window Fan by dannymichel[_15_]
I have a large window fan blowing air in my computer for months now. Is it doing any damage? The magnet? -- dannymichel
October 27th 08 09:52 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
7 312
Vista 64 Bit and DRAM Frequency Settings by dannymichel
OK so I've only been able to run Vista 64 when setting my DRAM Frequency to 200MHZ on 'this' (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/xcingix/IMG00048.jpg) page. http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b351/xcingix/IMG00048.jpg . If I set it to Auto I get an immediate bluescreen right before the welcome screen. But for some reason this only stalls the bluescreen for about an hour. I have a 600W power...
April 11th 07 10:16 PM
by dannymichel Go to last post
0 134
usb port hub wakes up Vista by dannyj
I have a "no-name" usb port hub that I got at a web seminar. It has four ports to expand on my two native ports. I have a Dell studio xps 16 that works great. My computer (Vista home premium x64) goes to sleep and wakes up normally - except when I have the usb port hub plugged in. It then goes to sleep and wakes up immediately.. even with the lid closed. The easy solution is to remove the usb...
July 26th 09 03:26 PM
by dannyj Go to last post
0 190
New hardrive, now what? by dannydanman
My hardrive crashed and i bought a new one, now i need an operating system. Is there another way to get windows xp or vista without having to buy a new one? i'd rather not waste an extra 150$ on an operating system.
July 1st 08 05:22 PM
by peter Go to last post
3 168
Microphone not working on Sony Vaio by Danny Miller
I have a Sony Vaio SZ120P laptop. Under audio in device manager, it lists SigmaTel High Definition Audio Codec . I have a Intel 945GM Chipset motherboard. My microhpone fails to work though for some reason. Everything else seems to work ok. Someone posted a link to a Sigmatel driver on Dell's site R99254, but when I tried installing the setup,exe, i get a "Device object not present , please...
October 7th 06 06:41 PM
by Danny Miller Go to last post

From The