  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
HP Photosmart 1218 by Brendan
HP in their wisdom have decided NOT to provide a windows vista driver for this excellent (if a few years old) printer. As a result of this, my upgrade leaves me with a perfectly serviceable printer that is useless. HP suggest I buy another of their printers (WTF!!!) - I guess they don't want my over-priced ink purchases either. Has anyone else any idea of how to get this printer to work in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 8th 08 12:25 PM
by lucyrssll Go to last post
13 533
baby by [email protected]
mdrusthum.blogspot.com
August 8th 08 02:19 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
7 377
Scanner Driver Wanted! by Mickey Mouse
I've just upgraded to Vista Premium but not by choice. Vista came with my new HP system and I've been using it primarily for graphics and video editing. I must have a freak version of Vista because I've been using it now for three months without any sort of problem. Beats me how I see so many problems in these newsgroups?????????? Anyway, I have a CanoScan FB 630U flatbed scanner. I know...
August 7th 08 09:38 PM
by Mickey Mouse Go to last post
2 207
Lexmark X73 Printer Won't Work with Vista! by Sally Roberts
Does anybody know what printer driver I can download to make my Lexmark X73 printer work with Vista (it worked fine with XP before!) At the moment the printer will not "talk" to the computer at all!
August 7th 08 08:11 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 205
Can not install the software of Xbox Wireless Controller for Windo by pepefirst
Can not install the software of Xbox Wireless Controller for Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bits. When I try to install the software a "non expected error" appears and the installation is aborted. Any help?
August 8th 08 06:18 PM
by pepefirst Go to last post
4 398
Windows Vista Ultimate continuous beep on boot by SueG
Hi everyone - here's hoping you can help!. I have a Windows Vista (Ultimate SP 1) Hp Pavilion Desktop (Intel Core duo CPU/3gb Ram/ Bios American Megatrends Graphics 512 mb Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT) which yesterday suddenly produced a long continuous beep on booting with an hourglass in a dark screen and would go no further. I am able to get into Safe mode and have run some HP Diagnostics which...
August 9th 08 11:05 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
7 292
Can an expert please tell me why my PC has two Gigabit LAN controllers? by Stan Kay
My computer motherboard is an ASUS P5B premium which contains dual gigabit LAN controllers. I am using one for my home network and everything works fine. In these circumstances I do understand why a second gigabit LAN controller is provided. Am I missing a trick here somewhere because I cannot see what purpose this second controller might serve. Can someone please tell me?
August 9th 08 09:29 PM
by Brink Go to last post
6 323
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Bit Uninstallation Problem by illuxion08
Hi to all..Well oh Vista is too heavy for 4 GB ram :(..When I was rendering last night on 3D MAX wid VRay its was behaving like a crap..Anyways now I have to uninstal it..Well now am going to install my old XP x64 Bit..But the problem is that after successfull bootup and loading of drivers for XP setup, when I want to format the partision having Windows Vista Ultimate x64 Bit it says that u have...
August 9th 08 12:24 AM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
1 242
Multiple Hard Drive problems by KINGofCRASH
hello all, ive been using vista x64 for a few weeks now and i love it. installed with new 160gb hd that was part of my build, then added old ide drive, which is also 160gb. it recently filled up, so i purchased a 750gb hd. just got it installed, went my computer manage disk management and formatted. runs fine. only problem is, when my computer turns on, the bios doesnt remember which drive...
August 10th 08 01:30 AM
by GeekSr Go to last post
1 276
keyboard and mouse not recognized after Vista loads by jimInSeaside
I think i accidently trashed my mouse and keyboard drivers -- i uninstalled them planning to reinstall them ... Now I cannot log into my computer -- cause there is no mouse or keyboard. I have the initial install CD and did the "repair" and it found no errors but didnt fix the problem. My motherboard has NO PS2 ports so mouse and keyboard are both USB. Have tried this with several mouse...
August 7th 08 01:38 PM
by David Vair Go to last post
2 166
Need help with camera driver installation by Jakeonvista
Ok so i've been trying to install the driver for a Mikomi webcam i bought a couple of years ago on my new vista pc. I no longer have the installation CD so i went in search of the drivers armed with the webcam model number. Basically my problem now is with the driver installation. Once i run the setup.exe and plug in the cam windows detects it and then proceeds to find the drivers after a...
August 6th 08 10:37 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
1 199
What is Data Interface in Other Devices ? by John
Running Vista 32-bit Enterprise... In the Device Manager, under Other Devices, I see a device called Data Interface. It's current state is: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" I don't know what this is or how to find a driver for it, but I suspect that it is causing problems with my Dell 946 AIO printer install. The print drivers install fine, and I can print with...
August 7th 08 06:27 PM
by Jessica P. Go to last post
1 219
Vista and 7.1 surround sound by Morose
Hi everyone, I run Vista Ultimate on an Asus A8N-Sli Premium motherboard, which is equipped with a Realtek AC97 audio adapter (fully 7.1 enabled sound). Since I've upgraded to Vista I've been able to persuade vista to let me run standard output out of Itunes through both front and rear speakers. I have found the Speaker Fill Enhancement through "Sound" in Control Panel, but that forces a...
August 10th 08 05:35 PM
by aceonline Go to last post
2 274
Error beeps? by joeschmoe41
Hi, I have a lenovo t60p thinkpad, and no matter what ive tried to do, every now it then it gives out a loup "beep". unless my volume is muted, its pretty loud, even if the volume is set very low. is there any way i can disable ALL error beeps or indicator beeps of any kind to prevent this?
August 7th 08 03:04 PM
by amvdler57 Go to last post
1 232
Ongoing problems with SP1 by Larry S.
Since installing SP1 on my desktop, I have experienced a very frustrating problem coming up over and over again. I try to set up or attach a USB device, and instead of connecting, I get a message that the driver can't be found and asking me to insert the disk. When I click that I don't have the disk, I invariably get a option to search for the driver, but it is never found. This has...
August 8th 08 11:18 PM
by Wyatt Acheson Go to last post
7 271
Bluetooth Audio Renderer doesn't stop when I turned off my headset by Minime
My Plantronics 590 works fine in my Vista. But when I turn off it, sound device of it (e.g. Bluetooth Hands-free Audio, Bluetooth Audio Renderer) apears still working. That means that I have to change primary sound device in Sound control panel, whenever I turn off it. I uses Dell 350 Wireless and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator.
August 9th 08 07:39 PM
by Mike B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 238
CPU cooler/temps? by 03hdfatboy[_10_]
What CPU cooler are you using and what are your temps? I'm using a Vigor gaming 92mm Monsoon II and I've been happy with it for over a year but here lately my temps have been above "my" normal. :confused: I've checked my fan speed and all that, so I'm kinda wondering if it might be going bad. I know how that sounds but mine is a Thermal Electric so it's not just a heatsink and fan combo. Idle...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 08 04:57 AM
by 03hdfatboy[_10_] Go to last post
14 404
deleting partition by Matty[_2_]
I just bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium and when I got home I discovered that it's 120GB hard-drive had been divided into two equal partitions - C and D. I would prefer that the whole thing be one. How can I delete the empty partition D? (I have never dealt with partitions before.) Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 7th 08 05:02 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
18 340
issues Power plan keep changing to high performance . by GT
Ok my default selected power plan is balanced and for some reason it keep changing to high performance my guess would be either when i shut down the computer then restart or when i log on/log off. I have this issue for so long now and it's really getting annoying specially when it has to do with energy. I join the customer experience since i got Windows Vista hopefully someone is checking...
August 7th 08 03:40 AM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
1 180
PLEASE TRADE WITH ME by Adam Bale