Missing DVD-RAM by froggy
I have a DVR LG GSA 4163/B DVD RAM and Vista Ultimate. Under XP the device works correct. Under Vista it is not found. The firmware is already updated to the last version (4163an16). Can anyone help me?
February 27th 07 06:22 PM
by froggy Go to last post
0 469
Vista doesn't recognize Travel Drive by JamesL
I have a Memorex U3 Travel Drive. Vista sees the drive in My Computer . However I cannot access the drive. Took it out and tried it in old XP machine---fine. I contacted Memorex and they said they didn't have updated drivers and my never have them for this device. Any ideas?????
February 27th 07 04:13 PM
by JamesL Go to last post
5 494
Severe issues with Asus P5WD2-E motherboard by HA
Hi, I have been trying desperately to install Vista Ultimate 32 on my Asus P5WD2-E Premium mobo currently running WinXP Pro. I got two hard drives configured as a RAID1 on the Intel ICH7R controller. The RAID drive is divided into two partitions with one of them holding the OS. I did the installation as a custom install and used a driver floppy with the latest Intel RAID drivers...
February 27th 07 01:42 PM
by HA Go to last post
0 426
Hard drive recognition by Bull 40
I just built a new computer with a Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X 2 dual core processor, 2 GB's DDR@ RAM, two western digital 160 GB hard drives, a Nvidia GeForce 88oo GTX graphics card and Windows 64 bit Ultimate O/S. The hard drives are connected to the JSATAll0 and JSATAll1 ports on the mother board. When I boot the system I see the system recognizes the two hard...
February 27th 07 01:27 PM
by Anna Go to last post
2 489
Vista & 3Com by robbio
Hi at all, My Vista installationa has a problem with my network card. Brief description: i have XP prof, i downloaded the windows vista advisor utility to check my pc hardware, it said it's ok, good. After in another hard disk I installed Vista, after installation I had not able to connect to internet. Vista said me (device manger or similar )that the only device it didn't able to recognize...
February 27th 07 01:18 PM
by Alan Go to last post
8 523
previously working USB devices now showing as "Unknown Device" by A L
Hello- All of a sudden a few days ago, many of my USB devices started showing as Unknown Devices in the Device Manager. I've read that this sometimes happens in WinXP too- but no post that I found about the problem proposed a solution (for Vista or XP.) If I disable the "Standard Enhanced PC to USB Host Controller", the system then locates drivers for all of the devices, but runs them in...
February 27th 07 01:18 PM
by A L Go to last post
5 529
190 IRQ's??? by Rob
I have been researching my ACPI errors...you know like this one: Log Name: System Source: ACPI Description: IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 13, function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance. And in looking into my IRQ's and sharing I fould that Vista created 190
February 27th 07 11:57 AM
by Bob Go to last post
3 523
plug n play devices by William
I am having alot of trouble with my new wireless microsoft mouse and ten key...both are supposedly "plug n play" devices. But neither work. Vista asks me to install drivers on plug n play...HELP!!!! I have gone to the manufacturers site and downloaded both drivers and nothing works. I wish I had stayed with XP. All this trouble is not worth it.
February 27th 07 09:12 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 480
sigmatel 9758 support needed to make audio work under Vista by sigmatel driver needed
getting the run around trying to get Vista driver support. Tried Signatel, they said try laptop manufacture, they said try signatel, looked all over web, and this MS site. The laptop is a Gateway 675xl-prr with the signatel 9758 codec. When I ran advisor it indicated it would load fine and work. Tried the old drivers several times and other xp versions and every suggestion on web sites. ...
February 27th 07 07:32 AM
by tinman41 Go to last post
5 507
PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium by Erik
I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my Hauppauge pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't see my pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade) If I force to install my card by choosing hardware - add older, I see the blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the PVR. Than I can boot again in normal...
February 27th 07 06:08 AM
by Erik Go to last post
6 438
No Network adapter or ethernet controller by kdawgg
Just installed Vista Home Premium 64 bit edition. My ethernet controller is not recognized. I got a Linksys NC100 card. I tried finding a driver a different computer and putting it on a memory stick, but I can't get it working. Any help would be helpful.
February 27th 07 03:46 AM
by kdawgg Go to last post
2 506
HP PSC 1610 All-In-One not recognized in Vista? by Digitalfuzz
Does anyone understand why Vista HP edition doesn't install drivers for an HP 1610? Device manager lists it as "Other Devices". During Vista's attempt to install drivers I get something to the extent of "Windows could not locate the full printer package for your HP 1610" or something close. (Sorry, printer is at work, I'm at home, and I didn't write down the exact wordage) HP site says...
February 27th 07 03:27 AM
by Digitalfuzz Go to last post
5 499
DVD Decoder for Windows Vista by Kathy
Does anyone know of a DVD decoder that works with Windows Vista?
February 27th 07 02:54 AM
by JW Go to last post
8 514
Attention: for everyone with ATI video cards by mc
There are new drivers at ATI - AMD especially for Vista: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html It will stabilise the videocard problems for most of you I guess! I installed the latest ATI driver (Catalyst 7.1), I have a ATI Radeon Mobilty card and it fixed also some other minor video problems (first uninstall all old ATI drivers of course)
February 27th 07 01:29 AM
by 246872 Jim McCree Go to last post
8 555
ProSavage DDR (420, 430) in windows vista by Pim
Hi I just installed Vista Business. My laptop has only modest specs AMD athlon 2500+, 512 mb ram and a 32 mb shared ProSavage DDR (420, 430). However with Aero disabled the upgrade advisor told me that it should be possible to run windows vista and indeed everything is running smoothly, however my screen is flickering constantly. It concerns horizontal lines that run through the screen from...
February 26th 07 09:33 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 417
Windows Mobile Device Center will not recognize my IPAQ 6945 by buyslake
I can not get my Ipaq with Windows Mobile 5 to be recognized in Windows Vista Home Premium. I have tried reinstalling WMDC twice and restarting. It says on my pocket device that it is connected however I can not see it in Window Explorer, nor in Sync center, nor in WMDC. What can I do to get this to work? Also, I do NOT have any virus programs running on my computer.
February 26th 07 09:04 PM
by buyslake Go to last post
0 446
Intelli-Mouse 6.1 Drivers and Windows Vista - Repost Please Help by MarkS
Hello, I am still having a problem with my Intelli-Mouse Optical and Windows Vista Ultima I am running windows Vista Ultimate (Final Release) and Intelli-mouse 6.1 software for my mouse. The problem I am having is that the mouse will various times do a double click for a single click. I've tried changing the click speed and no change. The mouse works fine on an XP machine. Any HELP
February 26th 07 08:10 PM
by Donald L McDaniel Go to last post
2 423
HDD not accessible by Highspeed
I have 3 SATA HDD in my system, one is the main, one for music, and the other had my old XP system and data on it. It seems that I can no longer access the XP drive. It keeps trying to set permissions for some Canon Printer Driver and then stalls. When I go to Computer and look at the drive it doesn't give me any data (free space) like the two other drives. When I click on it, it says...
February 26th 07 06:41 PM
by Highspeed Go to last post
1 437
need status screen for hiberbnate by William Biesty
While playing with the power options, I configured the (is it still called the "Start" menu?) power button to hibernate. When I clicked on it the behavior was the same as Sleep, except key presses beeped and power eventually turned off. Why not a screen that says "Windows is hibernating...." with that colorful "elipsis" bar? Also, which one wins, Sleep or Hibernate in n minutes?
February 26th 07 06:05 PM
by William Biesty Go to last post
0 433
Will this graphic card run aero? and is this good enought by GT
Is this graphic card enough to run aero? if i use this card will it also use my system memory to run aero? and can i use nvidia drivers or the manufacturer for the card have to give it. What does it mean if it's a Low Profile video card? will this fit on any desktop computer. or is this card for small portable computer? ASUS N6200/TD/128 GeForce 6200 128MB 64-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile...
February 26th 07 06:03 PM
by GT Go to last post

From The