  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Keyboard Diagram by C and A Bredt
I have a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000. I am trying to find a diagram of the keyboard so that I can make notes on it as to what some of the keys do. Do you know where I can find one on the internet? Thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt
April 7th 10 09:31 PM
by C and A Bredt Go to last post
0 252
Windows doesn't show optical drive by sleeplessinnewjersey
Windows Home Basic does not recognize an inserted optical disk. Indeed, it doesn't show the drive at all. I performed a non-distructive system recovery. Nothing had changed. I went to Device Manager and found an exclamation point for the optical drive. I uninstalled the driver expecting Windows to reload it at restart and rebooted. Again, nothing had changed. I have the Vista...
August 27th 08 01:11 PM
by sleeplessinnewjersey Go to last post
2 252
Hard drive accessing constantly while in screen saver by Boardjunkie
Good Morning, I recently installed Vista Home Premium X64 on my machine, and this started happening. When I awaken the PC it stops accessing almost instantly. I'm not sure if this is even the right place to ask, but I'd really appreciate if anyone had a little insight to share. Thanks in advance, Troy
August 27th 08 03:12 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 252
jsp tech internal card reader not working in vista x64 by avi.laza
since i installed vista ultimate x64 my internal card reader wont identify in "my computer" , in the device manager it looks like it needs updated drivers does anyone have any idea of where can i find such driver ? :confused: p.s the card reader worked perfectly with ultimate x86
October 15th 08 09:13 PM
by avi.laza Go to last post
0 252
DVD RAM Drive Disappears From Windows Vista by technomann
HP Pavillion dv9500 notebook running Vista Home Premium. I installed a 2nd SATA hard drive in bay 2 og the notebook and now my DVD RAM drive has disappeared from Explorer, Drive Management, and Device Manager. I swapped out the DVD drive with a new one to rule out hardware failure, but the problem persists. Does anyone have a clue as to why this has happened? Any advice would be GREATLY...
February 20th 09 08:53 PM
by technomann Go to last post
4 252
Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits by Luc Martinet
Hi, When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen with the following error message : A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If the screen appears again, follow these steps : Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 3rd 09 01:35 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
10 252
Memory Stick Duo Adaptor by mx5452
When I insert the sony memory stick duo adapter to my HP dv6500 laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Intel (R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU T5250 @1.50GHz with 2038 Memory RAM, nothing happens, i can't find the removble disk, my laptop needs the adapter because the memory is too small and i tried upside down and nothing. What should I do? thanks. --
April 28th 09 04:25 AM
by mx5452 Go to last post
0 252
Blue Screen Error 0x0000007E by randres
Hi, every time I shut down, restart, hibernate, or sleep my computer with the switch on the side of my computer that controls wireless and bluetooth on, there is a blue screen that shows up. The error is as follows: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x8E9069B5, 0xAS114B68, 0xA5114864 usbhub.sys - address 8E9069B5 base at 8E8E9000, Date Stamp 47919064
April 28th 09 11:40 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 252
Missing operating system by wildboyz
hey guys im new here and i have a problem with my hard drive i think. i saw some similar problems on the form but not the same as mine. so i built my computer yesterday and everything worked fine until today. when i turned on the computer today, at the bottom of my screen, it says missing operating system. i can still get into bios so i changed the boot order to start from cd/dvd drive but even...
June 26th 09 06:26 AM
by wildboyz Go to last post
0 252
Blank screen after installing Graphics Drivers by MGBassace
I have a problem that is driving me crazy, As you know i have just updated my machine from AMD based to Intel this is going fine and all working sweet as, I have sold the old mobo, processor and ram to a friend and installed in his machine for him, All appears to have gone well with the install of the os, It boots okay, has update windows okay, activated okay etc etc, However when I install...
July 25th 08 03:54 PM
by MGBassace Go to last post
6 252
iPod and other USB devices not working with Vista by Delboy691
Hi, I have just installed auto updates on both my tower and laptop, XP and Vista repectively. My wifes IPOD Shuffle is now not recognised by either computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled I-Tunes with nio change. Has anyone got back to you with a solution ?? I hope there is an easy solution!!!??? "Mithun" wrote: Hey, I justed installed my copy of vista (clean install). Vista doesn't...
June 26th 08 09:44 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
2 252
Optical Drive Hookup by borninusa
I had a fried computer that had an optical drive I wtd to take out and put into my new computer running Vista. The drive has IDE connections on the back (its about 5 yrs old or so). I had bought an IDE to SATA drive adaptor in order to hookup the drive to my computer. I put the card on the back of the drive and hooked up one cable out of the back of the drive to an empty power cable...and...
June 24th 08 09:35 PM
by borninusa Go to last post
7 252
My Computer hangs / delays because of waiting for external drives by Destin_FL
Hello, Vista Ultimate... two Lacie external drives, a 500GB USB and a 250GB Firewire. When I go to My Computer (just Computer now in Vista of course) the act of opening that process in Explorer hesitates / hangs / delays while Vista is waiting to sort of spin up these external drives, you know it feels as though Vista has told them to suspend or something when not in use. I have tried...
November 30th 07 10:48 PM
by Destin_FL Go to last post
4 252
Hard disk completely full by Carlos
Hello all, I have the next problem with my hard disk on my hp laptop. There are 0 bytes left on my hard disk. the problem is that two days ago there were at least 20 GB left, but since that moment the hard disk has been filled alone! I mean, If a check all the folders in C: for the size they are using, they use no more than 30 GB so, where are the rest of the 60 GB my hard drive has? I have...
June 21st 07 10:30 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 252
Network Harddisk not work by Pascal Flo
hello, I have a network hard disk Packard Bell Netstore 3500, I see it on the network, I can access to root folder but I cannot go deeper in the tree (with Vista Home Premium). Explorer search, search, ... Thanks for your help P.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 4th 07 10:20 PM
by Thane Go to last post
12 252
USB keyboard did not work on wakeup of Vista b2 by mjmarch
Same exact issue is still happening with the Vista release. I have a Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 and a generic USB keyboard. Whenever I place my system in hibernate and bring it out of hibernate, the devices light up and react until the Windows Vista logo appears then they turn off and do not respond. If I change USB ports they eventually will work again. "mGuyA" wrote: FWIW
February 10th 07 10:54 PM
by mjmarch Go to last post
0 253
Laptop White screen on inital boot. by Mary Mc
See Below for initial issue. Please read it first, below the second paragraph. I went to Dell for Driver thathopefully would fix the initial problem and end up with this. The problem is this.. When the machine boots all seems well until I try to open anything then, white screen with little color, the only thing that works, oddly is to plug in an external monitor hit FN F8 to display on two...
February 13th 07 10:30 PM
by Mary Mc Go to last post
2 253
Sapphire ATI X1950XT problem by kAmMa
hi all, i have this card and when i run any game, my system crash and restart itself. my drivers are the newest and everything is installed correctly (no hardware conflict). in xp it works absolutely smoothly. thx for reply kAmMa
February 23rd 07 11:43 AM
by Jeppe Go to last post
6 253
Realtek AC'97 audio driver provided by Microsoft. Audio error MCE by GT
Realtek AC'97 audio on HP. the audio error message and distorted music randomly happen in Vista MCE. This Realtek AC'97 audio driver was downloaded on Window Update. driver Version 5.10.05730
March 3rd 07 08:54 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 253
Acer drivers by Or Tsemah
Hi. I have an Acer 5600 and not all of the drivers work, especiall the OrbiCam which doesn't seem to like vista and occasionly works (Using XP Drivers) Does anyone know when Acer is going to release Vista Drivers ? -- Or Tsemah YSIDE
January 26th 07 10:38 AM
by Pedro Silva Go to last post

From The