  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Dell and "no audio output device installed" after Vista upgrade by silksoul4u
Hi, I wanted to post a solution that hopefully will help alot of folks. I have a Dell 1501 laptop that came with Vista Home Basic. I upgraded to Vista Home Premium and suddenly the sound wouldnt work. I would get the message that "no audio output device was installed" even though there was one installed, and the device manager/sound was telling me that the sound card was working. I have a...
August 13th 08 11:04 AM
by theron Go to last post
6 214
Mass-Exposure Promotion Service 03861 by Hughes[_2_]
LESS Than A Dollar A Day Gets HUGE Exposure. Let Us Handle All The Work - VISITORS GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!! http://submitmywebpage.com/offers/
August 10th 08 08:14 PM
by Hughes[_2_] Go to last post
0 297
Scanner Problem by Mickey Mouse
My scanner (CanoScan FB 630U) won't run/install on Vista Premium, incompatible drivers. Although I might get it to work using Vuescan, I'd like to know whether you can get Vista to run in XP mode for incompatible software. My scanning is very infrequent so can't really justify the price for Vuescan. Mickey
August 11th 08 10:45 PM
by Mickey Mouse Go to last post
2 345
question about drive letters by Robert[_19_]
Once upon a time the letters A and B were reserved for designating floppy disk drives. Now that those drives are obsolete, why has the standard not been changed so that hard-drives or DVD drives can be labelled A or B. Are those two letters doomed never to be used again? Or are the powers-that-be in the computer industry saving them for some future use?
August 11th 08 07:50 PM
by Robert[_19_] Go to last post
2 295
Windows Logo Key gets sticked by Xim
Hello all, Since I got my PC upgraded from Windows 2000 to Vista Enterprise, I have had a problem with the Windows Logo key occasionally become a "sticky key". I can't put a finger on any sequence that causes the problem, but I finally found out that I can get the normal keys back by pressing one time at the logo key. In the set-up I have disabled "sticky keys", so this should not be the...
August 13th 08 06:29 AM
by Xim Go to last post
7 266
DVD-RW wants to wite recycled file to every blank disk by Jason
Hello All, I am having a weird problem and can't seem to find any info about it on the web. Whenever I put a blank disc in my dvd rw drive it adds a recycled and autorun.inf file to the disk. The files are almost 600mb in size and try to add themselves to every disk. I've tried burning ISO's and Roxio projects and music. I always get these files added. I've tried uninstalling Roxio and I...
August 13th 08 03:09 PM
by No Name Go to last post
1 177
Wireless Access Point by -Draino-
Hi all, I was setting up a Linksys WAP. As long as the cable is plugged in I can access the built in home page of the WAP. As soon as I unplug the cable I cannot access the home page??? Any ideas TIA
August 13th 08 12:14 AM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
7 270
Old usb devices work fine,new usb devices would not install by Christopher Hume
Like the subject title, says old usb devices are working fine, but new ones will not install under Vista. Vista would suggest the update (Windows6.0-KB940199-x86) but when trying it, I'd get the message that it does not apply to my machine. I've tried copying the pnf and inf files, tried moving the usbstore, tried deleting the INFcache.1, all to no avail (as recommended by many web site). I...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:19 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
11 319
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 by Mark_S
I have a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 which has its on charger. Last couple days when I set the mouse on its chargers it blinks green a few times and them rapidly starts blinking red. I have a new battery in it and it still does the same thing. Tried resetting the bluetooth adapter and have read everthing online and cannot stop it from doing this. Just to make sure I tried another...
August 12th 08 01:27 AM
by Mark_S Go to last post
2 325
Graphics Tablet on 2 Screens Stops Working by Cam_M
I am having a problem with my graphics tablet. It works just fine on both screens after a reboot, however after a little while (I am not sure what exactly is causing it to do this) it just suddenly reverts to my main monitor only, and nothing I do seems to make it work again aside from rebooting. Also at the same time that it stops working on both monitors, I also no longer get the "Ripple"...
August 10th 08 07:35 PM
by Cam_M Go to last post
0 300
BSOD on installing certain driver by Orlicr
I just got a pair of USB surround sound headphones Using the C-Media 106-L chip. On the device manager it comes up as a usb audio device with no drivers installed. when i try to install the drivers it bsod every time with a system service exception. I've tried installing it through the actual installer and through the update driver software in device manager but its the same thing no matter...
August 13th 08 06:39 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT] Go to last post
4 251
Some extended keys (Calculator) do not work on Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard under Vista (32 bit) by DejanVesic
Hello. I have Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard; it works great under XP Professional on same machine (it is dual-boot machine) but some of keys (very important, Calculator key for example) does not work under Vista Enterprise 32 bit. Details about configuration: OS: Vista Enterprise 32 bit with all latest Windows Update patches
August 11th 08 09:45 PM
by BJT256 Go to last post
4 344
New Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (ver. 6.2) by Cal Bear '66
New Microsoft IntelliPoint Drivers (ver. 6.2) http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx I Bleed Blue and Gold GO BEARS!
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 13th 08 03:15 AM
by Superluminal Go to last post
22 471
Drive being recognized incorrectly as write protect. by JeBuchanan
Have posted this before but it seems the then solution is no longer working. Asus P5K mobo, 4G RAM, Intel Core2 Q6600 Quad Core (GO) CPU, Windows Vista Ultimate x64. I have a Western Digital 750G SATA2 HDD connected to the JMicron controller, as my third HD. Lately it has again become 'write protected', in that all the proper access permissions are available to all users, but you can't...
August 11th 08 10:09 PM
by Kim Frederiksen Go to last post
6 300
No Audio Device Installed . . . and Video. by ragu
What a mess! Windows Vista automatic updates kicked in 3 days ago on my Gateway. Since then, I have no audio and my video works at 1/4 pace. I've tried reinstalling the audio and video drivers (Sigma Tel, ATI, ADI High Def, etc.) multiple times from both Microsoft and Gateway using all the trouble shooting information I can find. Properties states the audio is working properly, but the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 13th 08 04:14 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
10 342
Toshiba M305D-S4830 DVD drive disappears by Filthgrinder
I just bought the Toshiba M305D-S4830 which has Vista Home Premium 64bit installed. The drive keeps disappearing. When it is working and I open up Device Manager, it suddenly refreshes and the drive is gone. No error message, the drive is just gone. It cannot be ejected, but the light on it is flashing all the time. A reboot brings the device back, but only for a random amount of time.
August 10th 08 07:48 PM
by CraigG Go to last post
3 321
2 Gig SD card issue resolved? by Mark C
Greetings. I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit, SP1, and my multi SD card reader can't read 2 gig cards. It can read other cards with less than 2 gig. With the 2 gig card it just sits and tries to read it, doing nothing at all, no offer to format or even open a window to view. I've seen many others that have this issue. Has this been fixed to anyone's knowledge? Thanks in advance. -Mark
August 11th 08 03:42 PM
by Jiggs Go to last post
4 239
seagate barracuda / vista compatability by tyrram
ok this is really complicated but here goes. I have 2 systems an xp sp1 with an elite board and a vista x64 with an evge 750i now i got this sea gate barracuda 500gb to use as another drive in the vista machine and it worked fine for awhile then it started not being recognized after shutting down so i would have to unplug it and plug it back in and restart sometime a few times before the vista...
August 12th 08 05:32 AM
by Titancom Go to last post
3 225
Video card just stopped working by GeekSr
My system is a Dual boot XP Pro SP3 and Vista Ultimate SP1. Intel 965 chipset, E6700 CPU, 2GB RAM, Lightscribe DVD-RW, with multiple hard drives and multiple partitions. I was running a Geforce 6600GT 128M PCIe video card. Last week I was working in XP, and when I booted back to Vista, the monitor reports no signal. It gives me the boot up screen with the scrolling bar, then goes black...
August 10th 08 09:44 PM
by LDJ Go to last post
5 306
one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency by Ron Boetger
I just reloaded my Vista OS on my laptop now I keep getting the following on boot up. One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency and then check disk starts. I ran a chkdsk/r and found nothing. Any Ideas what is going on?
August 12th 08 03:49 PM
by Ron Boetger Go to last post

From The