Game Port by Daniel Copeland
I have an ASUS K-8NE Deluxe mobo with integrated sound and game port. I use this game port to interface several MIDI instruments to digital audio software. In Vista, this game port is listed as "unsupported game port" in the device manager. Am I to believe that all of my musical gear is now incompatible with my PC, and I have to either jury-rig a gameport-to-usb adapter or find some other...
December 18th 07 01:04 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 180
Samsung LCD 740bPlus monitor does not support rotation / pivot on Windows Vista by Daniel Callegari
Hello, I am running Windows Vista and I can't figure out how to enable monitor rotation. Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 740B Plus. I have already downloaded Vista Service pack 1, most recent monitor and chipset (Intel) drivers and I have even tried Samsung's Magic Rotation software.
April 17th 08 04:58 PM
by Daniel Callegari Go to last post
2 172
Soundmax driver needed by Daniel - Sydney
Hi I have a PC with an Asus P5SD2-X motherboard, Vista Ultimate has not installed a driver so I have no sound, the Asus site does not have an updated driver that I can find, is there another driver I can use, the XP driver does not work. thanks
February 7th 07 10:04 AM
by Tony Go to last post
4 196
Complete Crash without Blue Screen by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)
Just a thought, other than the blue screen, is there any particular error? "Don Deacon" wrote: I upgraded to Vista about a month ago and since then my computer (used as a PVR) just keeps crashing. It is not even crashing with a blue screen, it just completely shuts off. After one of these crashes, I can't just power the PC back on either, I have to disconnect the power supply, flip...
October 21st 08 03:40 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 177
Nvidia 8800 GT by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)
Price wise depending you coming from which country?? The 8800GT has once been the best and favourite card for gamer as well as OC enthusiatic. Now there are newer card that is on par or can match it's capabilty, moreover is similar or slightly cheaper. A example would be Radeon 4850 "Death-Wizh" wrote: is anyone out there using this graphics card? is it really worth it, n matches up to...
October 21st 08 05:09 AM
by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience) Go to last post
0 193
CPU Speed by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. My CPU is a Pent D Extreme Edition 3.2 Ghz, when I run CPU-Z it shows Core Speed at 2800.4 or lower, dropping below 2798.1 at times. Why is that, how do I get it to run at 3200 all the time?
February 26th 08 01:35 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
7 170
Re-installing drivers from the DVD? by Daniel
Hi, I need to reinstall the Nvidia drivers that come with Vista (rtm), but am not finding a way to do it. When I, in the device manager, update the driver and tell it to go look at the DVD, it tells me no driver found. Is this working differentely than in XP? Thanks.
November 28th 06 08:51 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
3 197
Which CPU should I use by Daniel
Hi I have two spare CPU's and am not certain which one will give me the best performance. 1) Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) Extreme 3.2 Gig with HT 2) Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 Gig Any ideas on which will perform faster for a) Gaming, b) Graphics work c) General EG Spreadsheets etc.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 17th 08 04:01 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
11 400
Device not seen by USB by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate 32, yesterday I bought a Digitech USB Cassette player which connects to the USB so I can record my old cassette tapes to my hard drive, it is PnP and worked fine, when I plugged it into the USB the add new hardware ran automatically and the device driver was installed and I was using the device as it was meant to be used. Today when I started my PC and plugged the...
April 21st 09 07:55 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
2 186
Please help with hard drive problem by Daniel
Hi I have a PC with Vista Ultimate, 2.66 CPU and 3 Gb RAM, the PC has two hard drives C: and D: The C: drive is a Raptor 150Gb 10,000 RPM drive and the D: drive is a Seagate 500 Gb 7,200 RPM. I do not believe I am getting the performance speed I should from the faster C: drive
June 11th 09 06:29 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
6 318
Slow Hard Drive by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate, my PC is a Dual Core Pentium Extreme 3.2 Gig with 4Gig RAM. I have two SATA Hard Drives, both Western Digital, my C: Drive is a 10,000RPM the second drive is 7,200RPM, both are about 40% full. When I run HD Tack I get much better performance from the 7,200 drive, about
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 20th 08 06:38 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
11 491
wake up don't work with remote by daniel
With USB mouse and USB keyboard, the wake up is correct but the computer goes on sleeping when I push power button on IR remote (USB IR receiver). USB wake up is set in BIOS and "allow device to wake up" set in Vista panel configuration. Any idea ?
January 17th 08 10:20 PM
by daniel Go to last post
0 110
Missing DVD Rom in Explorer by Daniel
I have a Toshiba Laptop and the DVD Drive is missing from explorer. I went to toshibas site for info and they referanced this site. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/929461/en-us I follwed the directions but there is no lower filter entry. When I look in device manager there is no DVD/CD-ROM drives selection. I am running Vista Home Premium. I also tryed a program at this...
November 8th 07 01:07 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
2 112
Testing a USB Hard Drive by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate. I have bought a 250G Seagate Hard Drive, an internal one, but I have connected through a USB Hard Drive adapter. I am having some problems with the drive, Vista keeps on wanting to format it. I format it and it works for a day or so then after a couple of reboots it is not there in Explorer and I have to format it again, in Disk Management.
September 27th 07 02:43 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 118
communications manager by Daniel
i bought a Logitech Webcam, and when i connect it, the internet connection is lost, and a message saying "Communications Manager has stopped working" appears. My internet is a wireless connection, and like my webcam, is plugged into a USB port. However, when i disconnect teh webcam, the internet immediately resumes. Any ideas? thanks
September 25th 07 01:06 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
0 104
LRAND memory error by Daniel
Hi I am running Vista Ultimate, I ran the memory test in the start-up menu and errors were found, so I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostic and ran it. LRAND errors were found, what are LRAND errors and is it a big deal? I am not having any problems with the PC, no crashes or BSOD's YET. thanks Daniel
August 15th 07 11:21 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
2 143
Pointer speed by Daniel
Hi I am using Vista Ultimate, when I start my PC the pointer speed is very slow (I have to move the mouse a long way to get the pointer where I want it). I go to Control Panel/Mouse and change it to fast by moving the slider along and it works okay but when I restart it is back to being slow again, I have only noticed this problem recently but it is there all the time now. Any ideas on fixing...
July 1st 07 03:30 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
4 138
Readyboost USB and Device Manager by Daniel
Hi I am running Vista Ultimate, I have a 2 Gig Scandisk Cruzer drive. I plugged it into the USB port and got the message "do you want to speed up your system" I selected Yes, it all seemed to go okay. But when I go to Device manager there is a yellow mark beside
May 12th 07 09:47 AM
by Alvin Paul L. Azurin Go to last post
5 132
Vista drivers for Nvidia Geforce 2 Go graphics card by Daniel
Hi, I'm trying to find the Vista compatible drivers for this laptop video card: Nvidia GeForce2 Go I have this video card on my laptop. I have installed Windows Vista and everything seems to be working fine except Vista doesn't come with a compatible driver for this video card. I have looked up everywhere and I can't find a video driver that will work with GeForce2 Go in Vista. I know
February 5th 07 05:36 PM
by jimmuh Go to last post
3 152
Prevent disk from shutting down by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate 64, I have an external Hard Drive attached through eSATA, it shuts down after 20 Mins of idle, how do I prevent it from shutting down it is causing a lag when I try to write to it. thanks Daniel
October 27th 09 06:46 AM
by pakistanboy Go to last post

From The