Increasing USB Bandwidth for a controller by GreenWing
I am testing out Acronis TrueImage 10 for backups of my system to USB attached drives...I just don't see how I can get the 480mb speed from USB 2.0...The controller seems to only be allocated 20% bandwidth...Is there a way to increase this restriction? Greenwing
February 25th 07 05:51 PM
by GreenWing Go to last post
0 269
HELP PLEASE WITH slave hdd by mustie
dHi i know its been covered but i cant fing issues like i have installed a 2nd hdd on slave reconized in bios drivers loaded from vista but drive isint showing up in my computer looked for disk managment etc but cant find it in search i am using vista hope premium both are ide drives , i have a hdd on " c " but thats it
February 25th 07 05:49 PM
by mustie Go to last post
2 265
skype phone by mchap26074
ive recently purchase a skype phone to use on my vista system, installed ok but but unable to set up the phone . on skype program the usb phone is not recognised as onf the the input output devices, can anybody help
February 25th 07 05:40 PM
by Supernews Go to last post
2 270
Aero not enabled? by Neural Beast
Hi, Running Vista Ultimate 32Bit, scores are as follows: CPU - 4.3, Ram - 4.5, Graphics - 5.9, Gaming - 4.9, HDD - 5.2. I am running a ATI Radeon X800GT, With a 3.2Ghz P4 CPU and a gig of DDR2 Memory, no matter what I do I am not getting an option for Aero in Windows Color and Apperance. Has anyone got any ideas???? Thanks
February 25th 07 04:01 PM
by JW Go to last post
5 294
USB drive/ Readyboost by Steve
I used my 1 gig USB drivefor readyboost with Vista Beta and have now uninstalled Vista until i sell my house to afford Vista. However i can not access the drive in XP. I have tried to format etc but am stuck.
February 25th 07 02:55 PM
by Roscoe Go to last post
2 253
Agere ET-131X Ethernet driver? by eris23
Is there an Agere ET-131X Ethernet driver compatible with Vista out there?
February 25th 07 12:45 PM
by eris23 Go to last post
3 290
Centrino 1.3 MHz, 1 GB Ram, 32 bit Graphic Card by Ado
Shall I proceed and upgrade my Windows XP to Vista Business???
February 25th 07 11:54 AM
by William Dowell Go to last post
4 268
Centrino 1.3 MHz with 1GB RAM - 32-bit Graphic Card!! by Ado
Shall I proceed and upgrade my PC???
February 25th 07 10:07 AM
by Ado Go to last post
0 247
Ati radeon 1600 problems by Shayne
I have an radeon 1600 hdmi connected to a panasonic lcd hd tv 32" Running Vista home premium 64bit on core 2 duo with 2gb ram viewing movies, media center and picures, all is well, but when i am on the desktop, the words and lines are very fuzzy and difficult to read! I have contacted ati and got the runaround re installing the catalyst sofware etc.
February 25th 07 08:18 AM
by Sabo, Eric Go to last post
5 282
Catalyst 7.2 keep crashing Vista (ATI X1300) by Programatix
Hi, I just installed Catalyst 7.2 and it keep crashing Vista when it tries to use the 3D feature.. like 1) Enabling Aero 2) Running perfomance test (for rating) 3) Displaying images using Vista built-in app Each time I get the bluescreen death screen, the cause is by atikmdag.sys
February 25th 07 05:09 AM
by robert1935 Go to last post
2 263
BOSD, Stop Error Need Help Please by John KiliK
Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing ok =D. I just bought a new computer and I am really happy with it, especially the fact that It has Vista =D. On a side note though, I do infact get the Stop Error, some people call it the "Blue screen of death" and it can prove to be very interrupting. I'm not sure what to do, I will be doing what I normally do on the computer, talking to friends,...
February 25th 07 04:28 AM
by John KiliK Go to last post
0 215
Synaptic Mouse Manager for Compaq Notebook by Misfitpierce
I've got a modified compaq notebook and am having trouble with the touchpad software. I tried it off windows update and from compaq themselves. Vista versions of the driver and they fail to install correctly and dont boot up right with laptop. Starts up and instantly says program has stopped working. I tried reinstalling about 4 times and it is making me angry. Any help is greatly...
February 25th 07 04:12 AM
by Misfitpierce Go to last post
4 239
Audio Problems by Mercury083
Hey I can't seem to get my 5.1 speakers working in Vista. I'm using the built in sound card on my Asus A8N SLI Deluxe. Any help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks
February 25th 07 04:07 AM
by Mercury083 Go to last post
0 220
My LG GSA-H21L DVD/CD burner doesn't recognize blank media by Kevin Potts
I bought the Home premium upgrade and now my LG GSA-H21L LightScribe burner that came with my HP a1440n computer doesn't recognize blank media, it thinks the drive is empty. If I put a regular disk in the drive it will see it but any blank burnable disks it doesn't see and just asks to insert media when I try to burn something. And yes I'm using a Nero compatable version and I've checked...
February 25th 07 03:31 AM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 234
GeForce 6200 OC PCI and nVidia 100.59 drivers? by Paul
Has anyone tried the 100.59 drivers with the GeForce 6200 OC PCI card yet? I noticed these were released on 1/31. The 97.46 driver I tried beforehand was so much worse than the Microsoft driver I'm been relunctant to give it a try. This is the only PCI card that had the Vista logo on the box, but finding compatible drivers has been wicked. (I don't have a PCI-E bus nor an available AGP...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 07 03:21 AM
by JW Go to last post
11 377
Sony FX1 -Device Manager Recognition by HDFatBoy2003
Okay, under all of the Vista betas (Beta 2, RC 1, RC 2), my Sony FX1 (HDV Camcorder) was always recognized as two devices. Once as a AV/C Tape Device and another instance a a Sony FX1 Camera. Now under RTM it's only coming up as a Sony FX1 Camcorder. Windows Movie Maker is the only program that recognizes it and transfers the video (Ugh). Sony Vegas (7.0d) and Cineform's HD Connect no...
February 25th 07 01:14 AM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post
0 215
DVD Drives do not read media by Hobbes7869
I have two dvd drives installed in windows home premium, on a asus p5n-e sli motherbaord. They utilize IDE. Neither one will read any type of cds, and only my sony dru-710 will read movie dvds, nothing else. Every time i put in a dvd or cd, the drive spins, and detects nothing. Clicking on the drive folder in my computer does nothing, except prompt me to put in a disk. When I dual boot to...
February 24th 07 11:37 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 200
Wireless Problem by cdb
Having a strange problem with my wireless adapter(Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter). Ever since upgrading to Vista, my signal strength is very Poor. Under XP, I allways had a full signal. This also effects download speed dramatically. Any Ideas? I also noticed, if I disable and then re-enable the adapter, I initially get full signal(5 out of 5 bars). Then after a couple of minutes, it...
February 24th 07 10:55 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 216
NOKIA N72 - VISTA COMPATIBILITY by Phil
Hi all present, i tried installing a nokia N72disc on my compaq laptop to be able to connect my phone with the laptop and each time, got this error message: Access denied Access violation @ address 0045A3BBin module 'Nokia_72.exe'. Read of address 00000180 my system spec:
February 24th 07 10:43 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
2 223
Windows Sounds missing by martinezll
While I get sound when I go to the internet and play a podcast, etc. I do not get the windows sounds. I have Sound Blaster Live 24 Bit. I upgraded the driver when I did my Vista upgrade.
February 24th 07 09:56 PM
by Jonathan Yaniv Go to last post

From The