ATI FireGL 5250 (IBM Thinkpad T60P) by Rudi Brochs
That's it for me! I have tried five times to install Vista Business and Vista Ultimate on my Thinkpad T60P. My ATI Mobility FireGL 5250 graphic adapter does not work well with Vista. The Microsoft certifeid driver can be used, but every time I start the machine I get a message saying "R300 Driver has recovered from serious error, and have been restarted". Lenovo have released ATI Catalyst...
February 5th 07 09:24 PM
by AK Go to last post
6 275
External Hard Drive Stop showing up on Explorer by rudo
Hi, I have a 2.5" 10G Fujitsu hard drive with USB enclosure. The problem starts after I was trying to copy files over & suddenly it lost connection. The progress stop responding. I restart the computer & replug the enclosure but it no longer showing up on Explorer. I went to Disk Management and couldn't see it as well. Remove it & plug it in another computer that's running Window XP. ...
September 23rd 08 07:52 AM
by rudo Go to last post
0 166
Also unable to install HP C6180 All in one by Rudolph
I am also having problems with the install. I get to step 3 about 50% of the way through and it has a fatal error. When I select the detail of the error I get: "hpzwrp01.exe -m dpinstxml_vista -l XXX -f X:\hpoins18.dat - Validate No dat - Validate No = Application did not return ERROR_SUCCESS Any thoughts? I have spent about 4 hrs with HP for them to tell me it is vista. I have tried...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 07 01:57 AM
by Wayne Wastier Go to last post
19 207
Vista disk cleanup button? by RuffRider
In Windows XP every drive (real or partition)has the disk cleanup button on the drive properties general tab but in Vista only on the c drive... is this right or not? I thought the button was on every general tab and not only the general tab for drive c.
October 16th 08 08:56 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
2 235
Can't change monitor driver by Rufinoman
I have a similar problem. My inlaws have a new machine with Vista Starter which they got as a pensioners special deal. Anyway I{m trying to change the monitor from the pnp basic to what is actually connected ie an LG Flatron 1752s having downlaoded the drivers from LG. When I try to point the system to the .inf and .icm files for the monitor, they do not show in the directory where I put them. I...
April 10th 08 09:10 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
6 147
USB device installation always goes to Windows Update by Rui Lopes
Hello, Everytime I plug in a new USB device instead of installing the drivers through the local folders my Vista Business always gets them from Windows Update - which takes its time and poses a problem when my laptop does not have an internet connection. Anyone has a clue on this? Thanks, Rui
September 29th 07 03:29 PM
by Rui Lopes Go to last post
0 116
help! I can't install itunes on windows vista 64 by rukikki
I downloaded itunes for vista 64-bits, and when I`m trying to install it an error saying '-itunes64Setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application-' appears. Is there a solution for this? please help! -- rukikki
September 10th 09 11:47 PM
by rukikki Go to last post
2 201
SATA DVD audio by Rulerguy
I installe an SATA DVD writein my system and i am not able to get sound to or from my writer, ther is no audio connectio on my Samsung 183L drive, is the sound and data cable that plung into the MB one in the same
September 29th 07 07:10 AM
by Juarez Go to last post
1 121
External HDD drive write protected on vistax64 by rulybatters
Hi, Is there anybody who can help me please? A few months ago i bought a new HP Pavilion Elite m9530.be desktop computer running Vista Home Premium x64. Almost since the beginning i haven't been able to write to my external hdd wich i used to use on my XP Pro x32 Laptop. On my laptop, I have no problem at all writing and reading to the HDD.
March 22nd 09 02:13 AM
by Stuckindosmode Go to last post
5 218
Dvd Rw Problem (Optiarc) by Rumblah
Hey I recently bought an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S. Was working fine last night but this morning it just wont read anything. It's trying to read a disc, beeps three times then just does nothing. Any help would be appreiated.
May 31st 08 10:53 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 150
Windows detected a hard disk problem by rumjungle
I'm getting this error message for my new Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB drive. I've got 2 of them installed and 1 is being reported as failing. This is a consistent error that I get every session. I accidentally turned off the warning message and would like to know how to reset it in Vista. Not sure if this post belongs in this forum so please move it to the right one if necessary. Thanks. --...
August 26th 08 12:02 PM
by Lezza[_2_] Go to last post
5 356
Internal HD showing as write protected??? by rumjungle
My data HD periodically shows up as write protected. I have no idea why as it works sometimes. Sometimes, it goes away after a reboot. It also goes away if I format the drive. However, it returns after a day or two and becomes an intermittent problem.:mad: Does/has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix? -- rumjungle
August 21st 08 09:51 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
4 194
DVD drive issues after Vista conversion by run4fun
It seems like I had a problem that many other did when i upgraded from XP to Vista Home Premium, my DVD burner no longer worked (error code 39). To fix this I updated the regestry via the regedit command, deleting the lower and upper filters. Well, that seems to work for the most part. Now my computer recognizes the Drive and I can drag and drop files onto the drive to burn them. However...
June 12th 07 01:37 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
4 213
4 screens on one monitor and monitor won't wake up from sleep mode by rundyman
The problem first occured when i had my monitor set to sleep after 30 mins. or so. when i would try to "wake up" the computer, nothing would happen. Then when i would reboot the computer it would start up splitting the monitor into four different screens. Anyone know what problem is??? Thanks..
March 4th 09 10:33 AM
by Lucy Go to last post
1 137
Two drives show up as "RAW" by Rune Moberg
I have three SCSI drives and a SATA drive. Longhorn is installed on the SATA drive, the first SCSI drive is the boot drive. Those drives show up OK, but the other two are marked as RAW and only accessible from my old Windows installation... I'm using an Adaptec 29160 controller. Ideas?
October 7th 06 08:02 PM
by Rune Moberg Go to last post
0 144
Vista with CRT monitor and garbled graphics by RuneH
Hi, I have an annoying problem in Windows Vista when using a CRT monitor. When I start a game in full screen like Team Fortress 2 or often just by accessing something that triggers the UAP screen to confirm running as administrator the picture on my monitor goes complete garbled - See http://swootech.dk/VistaGfx/Vista%20Graphics%20Problem%20003%20-%20Small.jpg (I enabled the monitor OSD...
November 10th 07 09:42 PM
by RuneH Go to last post
0 97
USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard problem by runner50
I just purchased a new XPS 420 with a USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard. When the computer sits for a while and powers down (sleeps), the keyboard lights go off and it does not function. I had to cold start to get the keyboard to work again. Does anyone know if this is the norm? How can I get the keyboard to work without having to "cold start" the system?
May 25th 08 03:27 PM
by runner50 Go to last post
2 173
sd card reader not working by Rupa
Hi, I am facing an issue with my HP pavilion dv2224ea laptop with Vista home premium. It has a built in card reader which worked fine initially.But now it has stopped recognizing any SD cards. My Sd card shows up under "Disk drives" in Device manager with a yellow exclamation mark next to it. And also when I right click on it and go to Properties, it shows " This device can not start (code...
March 6th 10 01:23 AM
by tiredofwindough Go to last post
8 444
TouchPad by Rusfbm
Just bought an ASUS R1F notebook (Vista)? but the touchpad click will not work - usb mouse needed. Please, help me!
October 30th 07 09:29 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
2 117
Formatting blank CD's by rushpuppy
Help please, im unable to burn music from my laptop, i have vista basic and until now ive had no problems. I insert a blank cd and it auto loads, then it asks to format before continueing, i click yes, it formats then right at the end it says unable to finish formatting and opens the cd. I then try to burn onto it and the cd stays blank. Any ideas?
March 20th 08 07:17 PM
by rushpuppy Go to last post

From The