Unknown Network Device in Vista Business by Daniel
Situation: Running Vista Business on 3.0GHz P-4 system using an MSI MS-7211 mobo with onboard Realtek RTL8139 10/100 interface, Realtek RTL8029 PCI 10-Base NIC (to connect with an older 10Base-2 LAN) -- both correctly recognized by Device Manager, both with drivers and both working perfectly. Only other expansion card is an ATi Radeon 9550 AGP video card, also working correctly. All other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 08 09:33 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
15 485
Device Manager listing for CPU by Daniel
Hi I have Vista Ultimate I have had installed a Pentium D Extreme Edition 840 3.2 Gig CPU, in Device Manager it lists four CPU's, two as Pentium D 3.2 and Two as P4 3.2, is this what should be showing, or has the tech missed something in installing? thanks
January 14th 08 07:00 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
4 104
Can delete programs by danhiman
So I can not delete some, a lot of programs, i would go through control panel, and it says it can not delete, it might already be deleted, but it really is not. I would go to file location, and same thing. I tried using bit defender file shredder, and no good. I run Win Vista Home prem, 64 bit. I have been having problems when trying to close a large program, if i request to close the program to...
April 30th 10 04:26 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
0 373
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 11th 10 09:56 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
4 366
Can delete programs by danhiman
So I can not delete some, a lot of programs, i would go through control panel, and it says it can not delete, it might already be deleted, but it really is not. I would go to file location, and same thing. I tried using bit defender file shredder, and no good. I run Win Vista Home prem, 64 bit. I have been having problems when trying to close a large program, if i request to close the program to...
May 1st 10 12:46 AM
by Michael Go to last post
2 602
Wireless not being detected anymore by danhiman
Hello, i have a hp tx2000 windows vista 64 tablet laptop. My wireless broadcom 8o2.11i wlan card. It was working fine for a long time. I have have a nvidia geforce go 6150 card. I tryed a driver update on it, worked once, but then no. I back dated the grafic driver, no good. I have updated the wireless driver, new bios driver, and tried systems restore no good. I have uninstalled the card and...
January 10th 10 08:55 PM
by danhiman Go to last post
0 189
Flash drive issue- Vista asking me to format??? by DanGilley
Hey guys, My girlfriend has a 4GB Lexar flash drive that she primarily uses on her XP laptop, but has used on my Vista desktop countless times. All of a sudden tonight, when trying to access the drive, Vista tells me that the drive needs to be formatted, and asks if I'd like to format now. Assuming that formatting would erase all the data she has saved on the drive, I instead tried to access...
April 17th 08 02:16 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 113
Drivers for network adapters/ NIC's and Wireless NIC's by Dane
I have just installed vista but now it doesnt pic up my network adapters that i use to connect to my adsl. I have a wireless card and a network adapter and it wont find either of them. Do i need to find new drivers or what?
April 6th 07 02:45 PM
by GTS Go to last post
1 158
Canoscan LIDE 35 drivers? by dancote
My scanner worked fine in BETA 1 & 2. Now with RC1, no luck. Any one have a workaround? -- Regards, Dan
December 31st 06 06:49 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
4 215
Microphone quit working by DancinBelle
I was trying to record some lines today, when my microphone quit working. It has worked before, but now my computer won't even recognise I've plugged it in!! How do I get it to work again?
February 14th 08 02:01 AM
by AlexB Go to last post
1 161
is there a Pre RC1 hardware comp list by danbrown
Has anyone started a compatibility list for the pre RC1 version? If so could you post a link -- danbrown ------------------------------------------------------------------------ danbrown's Profile: http://vista64.net/forums/member.php?userid=5 View this thread: http://vista64.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14880
September 1st 06 02:30 PM
by danbrown Go to last post
0 504
cd/dvd not working by DanaZ
I have used my CD/DVD player has been used before but for some reason is no longer working. When I look into the issue this is what it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)".... i have no clue what to do or how to fix this. it does not give me the option to to roll back driver. Is there anyone that can help?
January 29th 08 05:41 PM
by Cal Bear '66[_2_] Go to last post
1 150
0xD1_athr+81317, type 0 by danacaciula
please tell about this error
December 9th 08 12:45 AM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
2 295
No sound at all! by Dan Wester
Hello I just got a brand new PC, and everything is working just fine except I can not get any sound to work. I use headphones, cause I do not have another audio device. When I put the headphone in the jack nothing happens. They work totally fine on my other computer with windows XP. I do not know the soundcard name either, sorry i'm very bad with computers but I really trying my best to make...
March 7th 08 07:14 PM
by Dan Wester Go to last post
0 135
Why don't windows applications on vista work with my iMac's sound by Dan S[_2_]
Why don't windows applications on vista work with my iMac's sound and graphics card? What video/graphics and sound card do you recomend for an iMac with leapord and vista installed on it (partitioned)? Or what software works without any video card and sound card problems to integrate vista on a mac? Dan
March 22nd 08 03:51 AM
by Charlie Go to last post
5 240
Mobile Device Center Problems by Dan swartz
I recently updated my RC1 to RC2 and downloaded the Mobile Device Center (Beta 3) package from he http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx My problem is when I run the installer nothing happens. I double click it and it looks like it will run but nothing ever happens. I am logged in as a user with Admin rights, I re-downloaded the installer, and I tried it on 2 separate...
October 14th 06 02:02 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
6 230
Annoying product key problems by Dan Smith
Hello, I recently bought Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit system and installed in on my 120 GB hard drive. After the installation was complete I did that "rate my system" program and my hard drive was a 4 whereas everything else was 5.5. This made me decide to buy a new hard drive. I purchased a 500 GB hard drive that was rather costly (but worth it :)) which used a SATA connection rather than...
April 1st 07 11:06 PM
by Microsoft MVP Go to last post
4 191
leadtek 2000 TV card by Dan Slavoiu
I also have a Leadtek PVR 2000 TV Tuner. I was able to install it, to tune the TV channels, but I can't see anything. I got the sound but the screen is black. Also, the MCE doesn't see any TV tuner. What is to be done? "dbwsr" wrote: I also got it to install, but could only get a garbled picture (studder) using the WinFast PVR . The Media Center does not see the Tuner.
October 25th 06 05:43 PM
by Ted Ruoff Go to last post
1 187
ATI RC1 Driver Problems by Dan Marrington
Got a good one for you here. I'm having massive problems getting my ATI X800 to work properly with RC1. Installed Vista (x32) today (clean install, seperate partition), all went smoothly, then installed the latest ATI drivers (the RC1 versions). First thing I tried was hibernate and sleep mode, as this has never worked for me in all the Vista builds I've tried. Usually it BSODs on resume....
September 4th 06 07:26 PM
by Dan Marrington Go to last post
0 509
Bluetooth device by Dan Maddock
Hello all Anyone had problems with Windows Vista and getting their in built Bluetooth device in a laptop by Widcomm working? Cant find drivers to work with Windows Vista and Windows update site doesnt find any updates. Everything else installed without many tears being spilt. Cheers Dan
February 3rd 07 02:26 AM
by HDFatBoy2003 Go to last post

From The