Speaker Echo by Dan Kap
I have a brand new Gateway GT5694 desktop computer, using Windows Home Premium (x64). I have a set of Altec Lansing speakers which I've plugged into it, which worked very well with my previous XP computer. There's an echo in the audio output that's so bad that speech is barely intelligible. There's also mild distortion in music. Headsets work fine when I switch to those; no echo at all....
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 16th 09 12:31 AM
by Gene E. Bloch Go to last post
19 635
0xBE_nt!CmpFileWriteThroughCache+98 by Dan in Ohio
Anybody know what the resolution to this error is? My Internet Explorer 8 continues to shut down and this is the error I discovered using the MS help, but they don't have a solution.
January 12th 10 03:22 PM
by Dan in Ohio Go to last post
0 234
0xBE_nt!CmpFileWriteThroughCache+98 by Dan in Ohio
Anybody know what the resolution to this error is? My Internet Explorer 8 continues to shut down and this is the error I discovered using the MS help, but they don't have a solution.
January 12th 10 03:22 PM
by Dan in Ohio Go to last post
0 345
Issues with new drivers... by Dan G
I recently installed new drivers for my graphics card via Windows update, and after I installed them my screen went black and then the screen in the picture showed up. This has happened to me numerous times before, usually only when running games and it would go away after I pushed Alt-Tab a few times, but this time it's not going away. Everytime I restart my computer this screen pops up...
August 9th 07 01:02 PM
by Dan G Go to last post
3 121
BenQ DW1640 not detected by Dan Bell
For whatever reason, my BenQ DW1640 was not detected during the installation of Vista RC1. It did pick up my ancient Pioneer DVD-ROM. Anyone else have a similar issue? -- Vista 5600
January 3rd 07 11:40 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
5 125
RTM and dual monitors by Dan Bachrach
I am running Vista Ultimate RTM, on a Dell Latitude D820 laptop (in a docking station) with the nVidia mvs Quadro 120 card. While I understand that nVidia hasn't released a driver for my card yet and that I may be waiting eons for them to do so, I still can't get the system to work correctly on two monitors. Sometimes it shows up on two monitors, but more often than not it doesn't. Has...
December 9th 06 06:50 PM
by P Cause Go to last post
1 203
DVD drive not working by Dan - Queenspark
Under Device Manager my LG DVD/RW appears to be working OK. However whenever I load a CD or DVD my drive does pick it up. For instance, when I open My Computer I can see the drive display a CD-ROM icon. Unfortunately this icon doesn't change when I load a CD or DVD. Any hints here will be mightily appreciated?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 10th 07 03:14 PM
by Serge Deschênes Go to last post
10 326
4 LCD's and 2 Video cards by Dan
Same problem with RC1 (2 supported video cards don't work, only the primary card as set in the BIOS works). I've seen a lot of complaints about this and no solutions. I don't know that Vista supports multi video cards at present... Thought RC meant feature complete?!?! "markesdale" wrote: Does Vista Beta 2 support dual monitors yet? I cannot get two video cards running at the same...
September 30th 06 02:42 AM
by Dan Go to last post
0 277
Multimon with two video cards in Vista by Dan
Actually I have the same problem with 2 'supported' cards. Don't know that 2 cards work at all in vista, only the primary from the BIOS works and the other Code 43's out... need to go find a single card that will drive 3 monitors I guess :-) "ryuujin" wrote: i have the same problem. it seems like the video drivers from nvidia (beta for vista) doesn't even support my nvidia video card....
October 2nd 06 02:37 PM
by ryuujin Go to last post
2 128
Syncing my pocket pc with vista by Dan
I have had a terrible time of trying to get my pocket pc to sync with vista. It sync'd just fine with xp and activesync 4.5, but won't do anything with vista. Any tips or settings I need to tweak or is vista just not ready to perform this ? Thanks in advance
October 27th 07 08:21 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 106
Soundmax in vista by Dan
Hi, I work on Vista and i have a P5P800 SE from Asus with a Soundmax chipset. I have found on Windows Update a driver for this soundcard. But after a short moment of using, the drivers apparently "shutdown", specialy on "skype". If i go to"services" and i restart the Windows audio, the sound come back. Do you have this problem or do you have a solution ? Thanks
January 20th 07 05:21 PM
by David Haas Go to last post
4 135
Boot Problem With USB by Dan
I have a unsual boot problem which I have seen with someone here aswell but doesnt work for me (Doh!). Whenever I leave my USB mouse in (Razer Copperhead) my system refuses to boot! It starts fine but just cmpletey stops but if i take it out, it goes like a rocket. I have no idea why it does it and as you can guess its not that much of a problem, but a serious pain with keep banging it in...
August 7th 07 09:02 PM
by Dan Go to last post
2 104
GamePad by Dan
I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit what gamepad can I get that the programmable software will work with? Only my Logitech Rumble Pad 2 wont run the programmable software and I want it for my PlayStation Emulator
July 7th 07 06:26 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 105
Finding manufacturer for Sound Drivers on HP Notebook by Dan
No sound drivers found for the hardwa "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) mfg: unknown location: PCI bus 0, device 20, function 5" The computer manufacturer has been unable to help me. They tell me the company they OEM the hardware from no longer exists and they can't do anything about it. I have spent hours on the phone with HP who now tells me the need proof of...
June 4th 07 01:44 PM
by Dan Go to last post
2 197
unable to use programs I've installed by Dan
I copy my games onto the computer, then when I go to play them it wont recognize the disk in my drive. What's going on here? Any help? -- Dano
June 3rd 07 01:02 AM
by Dan Go to last post
5 107
Cannot get TPM recognized in Vista 64-bit or 32-bit by Dan
I am in desperate need of help here. I have an Intel D945GTPLKR as shown he http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/tp/tp_available.htm I need to get the TPM recognized so I can perform testing in Vista that I have to have done by the end of next week. None of the drivers I have been able to find for the chip (an ST Microelectronics module) will run in Vista. Also, there does not seem to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 06 12:54 PM
by km Go to last post
11 271
April 1st 07 03:50 AM
by Dan Go to last post
0 105
Touchpad mouse scrolls won't work by Dan
I have a Dell laptop and after I installed Vista, my built in up/down and left/right scrolls don't work on my touchpad mouse. I loved that feature and want it back. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
March 11th 07 02:33 AM
by susan Go to last post
2 159
soundcard compatibility by Dan
i think there should be a list of all vista compatible soundcards, like microsoft did with media center and tv cards, a sort of kick up the arse for the soundcard developers for being so slow in releasing drivers for old products if at all. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,...
February 5th 07 01:29 AM
by Dan Go to last post
0 198
CD/DVD drives in Vista by Dan
Hi - Does anyone know if there would be any compatibility issues with the CD/DVD drives on a new PC that comes with Vista, if I were to re-format and load XP? I have a lot of games that aren't compatible with Vista, and all new desktops I can find don't come with XP anymore? Thanks for any help! Dan
July 19th 07 11:22 PM
by Yes it is not compatible ! Go to last post

From The