  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
The pipe state is invalid by Frazer McClelland
Hi, When I try and manage my hardware devices I get this error: The pipe state is invalid. This has only been happening recently though I don't know what I had been doing before it stopped working.
April 13th 08 06:59 PM
by David Lanman Go to last post
3 125
atikmdag driver stops working by Kirsten Bjorneboe
My Acer-pc M1100 was born with an onboard videocard ATI Radeon HD 1250 which only gave me the possibility of one monitor. So I added a new videocard ATI Radeon HD 2400, which uses the same ATI Catalyst center. I have upgraded all drivers to the latest from ATI's homepage. But I keep getting the message from Vista, that "the screen driver atikmdag.exe has stopped answering, will now be...
April 27th 08 10:32 AM
by jrk Go to last post
1 125
Partition C: by Al
I have an HP Media Center computer with two 320G hard drives. The boot drive crashed, replaced it and ran the restore disks, but when Windows re-started the HP restoration software had partioned C: as a small (48G) drive, with the rest of the drive unallocated. Looks like it also mirrored the primary logical disk (0) onto the secondary disk (1). I extended the unallocated partition on the...
March 1st 08 11:26 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 125
windows optical mouse 5000 by alanrr
Hello, I have a windows optical mouse 5000. I installed the batteries in the mouse and it shows a red light, but the curser did not move. Can someone tell me the process to start and end of the mouse operation? Thank you, alanrr
March 3rd 08 05:36 PM
by alanrr Go to last post
2 125
cd/dvd not usable after downloading windows updates by woody
After downloading Windows updates and driver updates, my cd/dvd player does not work. I cannot install my printer or camara software because the player will not open. I took it to Frys (where I purchased)and was charged for a diagnostics test which they stated was not a hardware problem, but a software problem which the warranty did not cover. They then charged another fee for putting my...
March 5th 08 03:39 AM
by widmerro Go to last post
2 125
Problems with the touchpad by Etulftune
My touchpad is not working properly. When I move my finger down, the mouse on the screen goes up and vice versa. How do I get this fixed?
March 9th 08 04:55 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 125
Internal mic not responding by Ms.Bekah
Help!!! Okay, I have a friend who has an HP laptop, Windows Vista (obviously lol) and, at first his internal mic would pic up sound-music, background noise, &c., but not voice. On Skype it said that it was muted. There were no "mute/un-mute" buttons to be found, anywhere. And it wasn't just on Skype either. Yahoo too. It just wouldn't register it at all. He was trying to mess with the mic...
April 15th 08 11:13 PM
by Mr. Milam Go to last post
4 125
No LAN - it has disappeared! by Fernando Vaz
Hi I've had my laptop 6 months using Vista Home Basic and have connected through a wired LAN connection everyday. This week, it didn't automatically connect and when I went to the "Network and sharing centre", selected "Full map" and selected "Local area network", it doesn't show anything at all. It's as if the connection (or the icon) has just disapeared. I'm not very technically minded,...
April 20th 08 02:44 PM
by Fernando Vaz Go to last post
2 125
Behringer Fca202 - Please Help Me by Musical Sound equiptment Vista
hey guys... i am a music artist.. singer.. hiphop ect anyways.. i upgraded to vist and did a check it said all my equiptment could run onnit, now ive upgraded and basically my External soundcard behringer fca202 Will not work.. the drivers say they installed but no sound is comming out.. i guess its incompatible.. is there anything that can be done? Thanks in advance
April 27th 08 12:33 AM
by apt Go to last post
2 125
Network adapter disappeared by rdnk
Hello, I started to have problems with Local Area Connection in Vista, during logon there was two networks identified, one that I had set up and one unrecognized. This was a problem, because it disrupted the DHCP discovery. I have read here that many have the same problem, but so far haven't been able to pinpoint the cause. My solution was to try to disable the network connection and enable...
March 4th 08 08:25 AM
by caretaker Go to last post
8 125
D Drive by Willie[_2_]
Hello there I have just got a new machine with Vista Home 64 and when I click onto the D Drive which is my DVD player it informs me that D:\ application not found but it will show the icon from the disk or film. I have looked into the properties and location, channel and lun are all at 0. I can get the disk to run if I click on the DVD folder on the left handside. Can anyone please help --...
February 27th 08 01:15 AM
by odingirl[_2_] Go to last post
4 125
Driver for Hoya irWave IR 520 UK could not find for Win Vista by Igor[_3_]
Please help to find drivers for Hoya USB - IR adapter model irWave IR 520 UK. Thanks in advance.
January 27th 08 09:51 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 125
usb not by carmel
my computer showes all the time messages of usb device not recognized and only the mouse and camra are concted
January 31st 08 01:27 PM
by carmel Go to last post
0 125
cant burn my music by toyotawindom
every time i try to burn some music, it will come up as a error saying device may not be connected properly, or cd is not compatible with computer. Check device says its working properly, cds i just brought them CD-R
January 31st 08 08:35 PM
by toyotawindom Go to last post
0 125
SP1 rtm today by Colin Barnhorst[_2_]
Please read the following announcement very carefully: http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2008/02/04/announcing-the-rtm-of-windows-vista-sp1.aspx It explains reasons why some folks will not be able to download SP1 from Windows Update right away. The more of us who understand the drivers issues the more there will be who can explain to posters why they may have to wait...
February 4th 08 04:44 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
0 125
Windows Update to Network Adapter by cburson
The Windows Update for the "nvidia nforce networking controller" caused my internet to not work properly. I restored my system and rolled back the driver, both on separate occasions to resolve this issue. It worked, however, now I need to know what to do about the update. I cannot leave my settings to update automatically because of this. Any ideas?
February 8th 08 07:53 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
7 125
setting default mic and speaker device when installing usb drivers by nikola.mediavoice
we have a usb key which manage 3 audio devices. 2 microphones (mic1 and mic2) and 1 speaker (speak1). when windows vista automatically installs the drivers when we put the usb key on the usb port we want the driver to set the "mic1" be the default input device and "speak1" the default output audio device. how can we accomplish this? how should we tell the driver to do this...
February 11th 08 11:55 AM
by Bob F.[_3_] Go to last post
1 125
I lost 45 GB of hard disk space by born2b-wild[_2_]
Hey again I’m here as a new user of vista and I’m going trough a bunch of problems. As for now one day I ran the diskeeper and some how I lost 45 GB of hard disk space for no real reason. After that I ran it again but it didn’t help, I don’t know if it has to do with the diskeeper or maybe some other type of problem with the computer applications. So any help you can give me I’ll...
February 11th 08 07:39 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
3 125
Vista running slowly and making odd noise. by uhluhtc
Hello everybody. I need some help with an odd tech problem. I'm working with a Windows Vista HP Pavillion PC. No hardware has been modified. I'm not sure which version I have, I think I have all but the most recent update. I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem or not, but here goes. Anyway, about 4 months ago, my computer started acting odd. It would make an odd ticking, or...
February 15th 08 04:41 PM
by uhluhtc Go to last post
5 125
'Bad' Vista update? by bdenley
Windows had an update for me today. Some sort of update for Toshiba Bluetooth hardware (I have a big Dell XPS 710 with the Dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse). After that update, I had no mouse or keyboard and the update 'failed' to find any driver. Attempting to restart my bluetooth hardware was unsucessful as the system could no longer find my bluetooth hardware. Luckily System Restore...
April 24th 08 05:04 AM
by BigJim Go to last post

From The