  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
No Sound; hardware & drivers appear okay by Nevet
Hello Vista Hardware Gurus, I recently reinstalled Vista Home Premium over an existing installation to fix some networking problems. The network is now working, but I lost all audio. Speakers are correctly connected and turned on (and I tried another set of speakers just in case). Device Manager reports no problem (SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC is the only item under Sound, video...
August 23rd 08 01:33 AM
by DDW[_2_] Go to last post
7 190
Found new hardware problem by maccyjam
Hi, I have bought a datel data transfer kit for xbox 360 so i could back up my saves onto my computer. It works fine on my xp computer but not so good on my vista x64 computer. It comes up with found new hardware so i press locate and install driver software, then it starts installing but after a while it just fails. So it asks me to put the disc in, so i do and it still can't find the driver...
August 20th 08 05:44 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
2 192
Brother MFC 9600 built in drivers don't work by domenchini
I am having issues with the built in brother MFC-9600 multifunction printer drivers. The printer only prints out a blank page. I contacted Brother support and determined that it is not a hardware issue as we were able to emulate the brother printer driver using the built in HP Laserjet IIP driver. Using the HP driver, the document prints fine (but not at a decent resolution that the...
August 22nd 08 04:38 AM
by domenchini Go to last post
4 211
Visat 64 IR adapter?? by tweedy48[_2_]
I have a Palm Z22 and the only way to sync it with Vista 64 is through an IR adapter. Are there IR adapters that work on Vista 64? I have a new HP dv7 machine. -- tweedy48
August 20th 08 11:32 PM
by tweedy48[_2_] Go to last post
0 176
ATI: Drivers are interfering with Windows resuming from sleep mode by md
Advanced Windows (Home Premium) tools reporting that "Drivers are interfering with Windows resuming from sleep mode" and then pinpoints ATI Kernal Model ATIKmdag.sys. Is there a way to fix this? Running the latest Windows Update driver for my video card: Sapphire Radeon x1600 pro, 8.391.0.0. The same error occurs when using 8.7 driver downloaded from ATI's Web site, which was the latest through...
August 22nd 08 10:31 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 175
sata pci card for vista by Cemal
Hi guys, I got a cheap sata pci card for my hdd and dvdrw but it is giving me problem during installation of vista. When vista ask for the sata card driver I point to the floppy disk with my sii sata card driver (possibly sii3112) but Vista keep saying it is not compatible. I downloaded this driver sii web site where it says vista driver.
August 22nd 08 03:44 PM
by andy Go to last post
2 221
Updating Recommendations HELP! by firu3000
I am by no means a computer genius so bear with me. I recently purchased Vista Ultimate 32 Bit, but after reading many threads I saw that my Adapter Type, or Card, which is the Intel(R) 829 15G/GV/910GL Express Chipset, doesn't support the Aero Glass Theme. So I would like to update this but I'm clueless on where to start or what type of card do I need to run Aero and all the other features. Can...
August 22nd 08 12:48 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
7 315
LG GSA-H62N (SATA) won't burn CD-R by NormCameron
I am having some trouble with my LG GSA-H62N Super Multi DVD Burner (SATA). It burns DVD's flawlessly, reads DVD and CD, but refuses to recognise a Blank CD-R disk (I've tried a number of different brands. I've updated firmware to CL01 to no avail. DVDINFO says it can read and WRITE CD-R's. Any ideas?. Could it be the SATA port - I also have 4 320gb Samsung SATA H/Drives. I've checked the...
August 23rd 08 06:19 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
6 361
Disappearing dvd drive by bram3506
I'have an ACER laptop running on vista home premium. The other day I tried to use the drive but it no longer there. it is not listed in device manager and in BIOS either. I tried deleting the upper and lower filters in Regedit and restarted my machine but to no avail. I'm stuck! He!
August 22nd 08 12:13 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 217
DVD Drives not being installed error 39 - driver corrupted or missing? by Doog
Hi, I have 2 dvd drives one TSSTcorp SH S203BSATA and Liteon DH-20A4P IDE. Both cannot be connected or work with Vista. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove drivers so that standard windows vista will be loaded. I'm using Vista Ultimate SP 1
August 22nd 08 06:19 AM
by Doog Go to last post
3 224
Creating a Striped Volume in Vista 64-bit by SOA_Thomas
Hello, I just wondered if there is any chance I could get some help/advice on how to create a Striped volume in Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, everytime I try using Disk Management Console, it tells me: Dynamic Disks are not supported by this operating system. Ideas??? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
August 20th 08 06:41 PM
by Hogtowner Go to last post
5 178
Device Manager by James
I have window Vista on an HP computer Device Manager does not display my printers. Device Manger did display them until I installed a bluetooth program, when thay disappeared. I uninstall the bluetooth program, but the printer still are not displayed. I have to update one of my printer drivers, but I can fine it in device manger How do I get the printers to showup in device manager again?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 22nd 08 11:10 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
12 272
instaling iPAQ rx3000 series in vista by Lewis[_2_]
I am trying to install the software for my HP iPAQ on my computer. It will not instll Activesync for I can use outlook. Has anyone else had this problem? -- Lewis
August 21st 08 01:00 PM
by Joann Upchurch Go to last post
4 158
1394 Firewire dropped devices by John Lenz
Configuration: Vista Ultimate - 32 bit SP1 I have a Maxtor external firewire disk drive and it worked just fine until I installed my firewire camera to capture video. When I do, I lose the maxtor drive (which holds the captured video) and have to unplug/replug the Maxtor to get the drive recognized.
August 20th 08 09:59 PM
by John L[_2_] Go to last post
6 208
Card Reader Drives Showing in My Computer - Too Many by garywi
I installed a card reader with slots for everything. I only use SD. I don't want to see drive letters for every drive not in use. Can I do this? Also, how can I pin down certain drive letters for my USB drive, so it gets the same drive letter everytime I plug it in? I need this, as I have back up routines that look for certain drives and paths. My back ups are getting screwed up after I...
August 19th 08 09:12 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 154
Internal HD showing as write protected??? by rumjungle
My data HD periodically shows up as write protected. I have no idea why as it works sometimes. Sometimes, it goes away after a reboot. It also goes away if I format the drive. However, it returns after a day or two and becomes an intermittent problem.:mad: Does/has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix? -- rumjungle
August 21st 08 09:51 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
4 192
Vista 64 Bit Business is giving me the business... Want to fire it but need help!!! by 2L8IWON
Ok Ill start off by giving my specs of what I have then I will go into my problems.... Asus Crosshair Motherboard BIOS 1103 AMD Athalon X2 4600+ @ 2.64GHZ 8 GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHZ 4-4-4-12 Ram Primary OS HDD Seagate 500GB 7,200RPM,32MB Cache (Primary Partitioned to 100GB OS ONLY, 400GB Programs Only) RAID 5 Array, 5 500GB Seagate 7,200RPM, 16MB Cache - Array is 1.82TB Two: BFG 7900GS 256MB...
August 21st 08 04:26 PM
by 2L8IWON Go to last post
2 179
Taks Manager not responding with clt-alt-del by islandsuga
Hey all for some reason when i try to access task manager with CLT-ALT-DEL on my computer, it says it is not working. It says it is not responding and closes. I have vista on a PC thanks. -- islandsuga ------------------------------------------------------------------------ islandsuga's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/islandsuga.htm
August 20th 08 01:07 PM
by Brink Go to last post
2 172
external SATA drive unomunts? by dreadpyrat
---HP Pavillion dv9700z notebook, Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit--- Hi, I bought a Metal Gear Box 3506uas SATA 3.5" enclosure and installed a Seagate 320Gb SATA drive. Vista recognizes the drive but during large copy operations, the drive unmounts and I get an error message that the drive is unrecognized...it disappears from disk managements. What could be causing this?
August 23rd 08 06:25 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 206
Windows could not load the installer for WPD when connecting an iP by Longshot9
I had no problems setting up iTunes and my iPhone on my work computer which runs Vista Ultimate, but on my home system I get the error in the subject line everytime Vista tries to install the drivers for the iPhone and I can't find a solution for it anywhere. Here's the steps taken to get the error and specifically what happens... 1. Latest version of iTunes has been installed (and...
August 22nd 08 06:34 PM
by Longshot9 Go to last post

From The