DWA-547 D-link Wireless by Dan
Hi, I have a DWA-547 Wireless adaptator from d-link. The drivers for xp are bad for Vista RTM. Do you have the same problem with this PCI wireless card ? Thanks.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 14th 08 02:52 AM
by Rick Nichols Go to last post
32 665
External Display problems by Dan
Hi, I like to connect my Laptop up to my TV when I am on Illustrator and Photoshop, and combining with my tablet, recently I had a problem with my tablet where instead of the pen would be "related" to the monitor where it would be on the display where my pen was, I pressed something on the keyboard and it changed it to act like a mouse which made it hard to use. Anyways, after some fiddling...
July 1st 08 04:22 PM
by Dan Go to last post
0 151
GPT partition not recognized by Dan
I've installed Windows Vista Ultimate x64 with almost no problems, except for one. I dual boot with another operating system, and created a RAID array with a different filesystem (i.e. not NTFS.) It uses the GPT partitioning scheme. Vista does recognize the big RAID drive, but it thinks it is a RAW partition. There is another filesystem on it, and I found out selecting it asks me if I want...
January 5th 09 05:46 PM
by Dan Go to last post
4 177
Dell - flashing amber light before post by damocles[_9_]
My mates Dell precision 690 workstation suffers from the dreaded flashing amber light with diagnostic error code 1 and 3 before post. It won't boot at all - just the flashing amber light starts when you turn it on. According to other websites this seems to indicate a power failure of some description. Has anyone resolved this issue with Dells...next stage is probably an RMA - but my friend...
October 10th 08 07:42 AM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post
8 398
Lacie two big, Photoshop and eSATA by damocles[_9_]
Hi there, I'm thinking about getting a Lacie Two Big external 1TB raid 0 hard drive to use as a scratch disk for Photoshop CS3 connected through my eSATA connection on my motherboard ( Asus p5B deluxe ). Does anyone know if Photoshop will see an eSATA drive and will be able to use it as a scratch disk? Also are eSATA speeds really the same as internal SATA drives?
May 28th 08 06:32 AM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post
6 173
Maddening mouse freeze in vista by damien cooke
First Post sorry if a bit basic I am running vista ulitimate 64 bit amd64 processor good spec plenty ram amd crossfire graphics cards etc Have downloaded all latest drivers and updates The mouse freezes on screen for about 1 sec every 20/30 secs, Originally had logitec bluetooth mouse which did same
September 2nd 07 01:44 PM
by John Go to last post
2 101
'Prepare This Blank Disc' Problem by Dame Celia Molestrangler
PC recently purchased with Vista Home Premium pre-loaded. DVD/CD ROM drive has stopped autoplaying, and windows explorer won't work on it (it will still work on the hard drive though). A photoviewer, AD/CD will allow me to see/explore the files on the disk, though. I have checked that the relevant options are selected for Autoplay. I have tried uninstalling the CD ROM and then rebooting,...
August 26th 07 06:25 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
3 130
Reduce Restore Point to last one by Damalulu
How do you do this. I can see all the restores but no button to get rid of them........so how do you reduce to the last restore point?
April 24th 08 05:11 PM
by Damalulu Go to last post
6 137
Blank screen with flashing cursor upper left corner by Damalulu
Computer is HP with XP. I was downloading drivers for my cell phone USB cable. After it downloaded it said I must re-boot for it to take effect. I did this and now when it turns on there is a blank screen with a flashing cursor in the upper left corner. Nothing else. What can I do? I must have downloaded a virus or something, who knows. How can I get it to boot up so I can see what is...
June 2nd 08 10:30 PM
by Mike Go to last post
3 255
How to start over on Hard Drive by Damalulu
I would like to set my computer back to factory settings. I have the recovery discs already made and everything important saved somewhere else. How can I just make it back to original?? format?
April 26th 08 08:54 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 158
Drive D by Damalulu
As I have been writing on here before. I am trying to clean it up and get some more space. How in the world do you see what is on there???? I have been all over my computer and deleted a lot of junk files, but not gaining much space back. What is on this thing----where is the list of what is there???
April 25th 08 02:26 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
4 153
NO SOUND N VISTA SOMEBODY HELP ME by DaLonelyBaptst
I have only just bought this computer, iut had viista premium 64 bit preinstalled and has an on board high definition sound card. (ADI AD1986A High Difinition Audio). I checked and it says the drivers are upto date and that there are no problems with the sound card. The computer isnt even recognising the fact that i have plugged my headset in and NO SOUND WHATSOEVER IS WORKING. Somebody...
May 22nd 07 04:29 PM
by Peter Go to last post
5 164
Changing Headset settings by DaLonelyBaptst
I have just got a headsrt which is virtual 7.1 surround usb. But it is only bieng recognised as speakers, and i cant find any way to change it to a headset. Anybody help, ive had so many problems with soundo n vista already.
June 24th 07 08:46 PM
by DaLonelyBaptst Go to last post
2 154
Vista 64-bit not detecting sound stuff? by DaLonelyBaptst
If i plug in speakers, or a headset it does not come up on the sound tab or let out any sound when i try to play sounds. The only sound hardware i have managed to get working is a usb headset, which i am also having driver problems with. Can anybody help?
May 20th 07 05:19 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 120
Full Sound on VISTA 64 Ultimate - Mother Asus K8N4-E Deluxe by Dali
I can´t make sounds work on Vista 64 Ultimate. When I´ve instaleed Vista for the first time, a month ago aproximatly, it works but not in 6 channes just 2. 3 Weeks later I´ve reinstalled the OS because sudenly it never run again after a Boot. Once I´ve installed it regonize on the control panel the "Realteck AC´97 Audio" but it doesn´t sound anything at all. ASUS K8N4-E Deluxe - 1GB...
August 29th 07 05:18 PM
by mattgamer Go to last post
8 165
Drivers Corrupt/Incompatible? by DaleTango
Basically my DVD/CD drive will not boot. It says the drivers and are installed and the actual drive is working fine(checked by repairman) So I go into Device Manager and under DVD/CD-ROM drives it has.. FT6053C JRI645X SCSI CdRom Device PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17 ATA Device and each has a little yellow exclamation mark infront, when clicked on it comes up saying.."Windows cannot load the device...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 6th 09 02:47 AM
by mikey1two Go to last post
10 360
Connecing HP 3015 on XP machine so my Vista pc can see it? by dalehob555
I have a Windows XP box with a HP 3015 printer attached USB. I loaded the drivers on my VISTA pc, because I would like to share it. Anyone able to do this? I have the appropriate flags set, but I keep getting a driver error message -- dalehob555
June 30th 08 08:08 PM
by dalehob555 Go to last post
0 158
Vista is not recognizing my Camera by DakoRakkun
I'm having trouble with my camera (Sony Cybershot DSC-W70) and Windows Vista. What happens is that when I connect it through its USB cable, Vista tries to look for a driver and can't find one, which is strange. I recently formatted, and my old installation of Vista recognized the camera perfectly, autoplay would popup when I connected the camera, and I could see the camera on My Computer...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:05 PM
by marype Go to last post
15 269
HP 690C by Dajan
Hi, I know its an old printer but does what I need it to and I can get the ink free, is there a driver to suit Vista Ultimate 32 bit. Thanks
October 16th 08 11:33 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
5 278
cd drive by daisymoo
I am having trouble with my cd drive/burner actually detecting a disk in the drive. Some discs are detected immediately while others aren't picked up at all. This seems regardless of whether they are copied or professional however blank discs give me the most trouble.
January 2nd 08 06:58 AM
by herreodin Go to last post

From The