  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
cannot create the dvd error message by kingerswa
have been trying to burn some videos to dvd using windows dvd maker. after i click burn it shows it encoding and creating the disk. it then gets to 99% opens the dvd slot and says it cannot create the dvd 'because an error occurred'. have checked the device manager and it states it is working. also changed the burn speed to slow as suggested in the trouble shoot screen. any other ideas? ...
August 25th 08 12:02 PM
by frustrated dad Go to last post
5 647
Feedback on intel 45nm by usmc_nam_vet
CPUIntel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9550 1333MHz *45NM*http://www.computerlx.us/image_resize.aspx?image=Q6600BOX_LG.gif&width=200]Manufacturer: INTEL Mfr Part Number: Q9550 - Process Type: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q9550 - FSB: 1333 MHz - Cache: 12 MB - Process: 45 nm - Socket: Socket 775
August 25th 08 04:31 AM
by MadBull Go to last post
4 312
HP Vista Optical wireless mouse driver by TGMcCallie
I tried to install software for Hp wireless optical mouse Model 5219URF (M2) and when attempting to install get window that says will not insall on 64 bit machine, etc. I have searched everywhere to find the vista 64 bit software driver for this mouse that I bought from HP and use on my XP machine. I had no problem installing it on my XP machine but would not install on Vista. I notice in a...
August 25th 08 03:05 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
3 236
More about Resolution Resetting problem by Lillian in Mass.
My PC: brand new, Compaq Presario SR5223WM desktop, Vista Home Premium 32 On 3/16/07 a thread started, "Resolution Reset on Startup" about screen resolution not holding the setting. Has to be re-set constantly. I did the 2 recommendations given, one on 5/19/08 and another on 5/29/08. 1st fix= using WinRE and running StartUp Repair and rebooting and resetting graphics and rebooting. ...
August 26th 08 03:58 AM
by Lillian in Mass. Go to last post
8 293
cannot see external USB hard disks by Saleem
hi, I have a Vista Business Dell D630 laptop. All of a sudden, I cannot access any external USB hard disks. When I connect the USB drive, windows detects the drive but will not show up in my computer. My computer (windows explorer window that is) will not respond while everything else is working fine. If I remove the USB cable, the drive will instantaneously appear. While the device is...
August 24th 08 06:30 PM
by Saleem Go to last post
0 211
external modem error 692 by salehi.com
i have an external modem "decloop WLL" and i connect it to serial port of my pc. i add a standard modem 28800 bps driver in win vista, but when i want to connect to internet i give error 692. i dont know whats wrong. i use same procedure in windows xp pro and i successfully connected to internet without any error. i don't know whats wrong.can any one help me?ask me if you need more...
August 24th 08 08:53 PM
by salehi.com Go to last post
0 201
Question
Looking for updated driver for Samsung 910t by Silverwulf58
I have just updated to a windows Vista OS on my computer and discovered some of the limitations with hardware. I can no longer use my current printer and my monitor is not recognized by its brand or model so the dirver is generic. Does anyone know of Vista drivers for a Samsung 910t monitor? Thanks.
August 25th 08 01:53 AM
by peter Go to last post
1 276
Vista Network and Sound Problem by D5120
Hi all, this is my first post, so apologies if it's in the wrong section. I have an issue with Vista For some strange reason, if I'm pushing/pulling a lot of data across my network, my network card drops connection with the "Limited connection...." message. At the same time, my sound card will fall over, and either stop
August 24th 08 09:24 PM
by D5120 Go to last post
0 233
external modem error 692 by salehi.com[_2_]
I have an external modem "decloop WLL" and i connected it to serial port of my pc. i add a standard modem 28800 bps driver in win vista, but when i want to connect to the internet i give error 692. i dont know whats wrong. i use same procedure in windows xp pro and i successfully connected to internet without any error. can any one help me?ask me if you need more details. sorry for...
August 25th 08 05:36 AM
by salehi.com[_2_] Go to last post
0 190
DVDR/RW drive not reading by Mr.Sanguine
When ever i put a disc into my computer (Game, DVD, Audio ECT...) it does not read, the only way to get it to read is when i shut down my pc and reboot it it then says the CD name and i can right click it and choose to autoplay ON the disc but i would like it so that i just insert the disc without having to shut down my computer its been like this about a month after i got my computer its only a...
August 24th 08 10:20 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 242
Vista wont shut down properly by Trevor
I am running Vista Ultimate SP1 and when I do a shutdown I get the message that the PC (stand alone) is shutting down. The screen eventually goes blank and reoports no video available BUT my PC is still on. How do I fix this? Thanks Trevor
August 25th 08 04:38 AM
by MadBull Go to last post
2 229
Optical mice erratic motion and choppy by TitusCicero
Hello, This started a long time ago so what caused it I have no idea. At the time I thought the mouse was broken. I unplugged the optical mouse and plugged in a old ball mouse that I had laying around and all was fine. Today a bought a wireless mouse along with my 40" monitor so I can sit on my couch and use my PC. But when I plugged it in it experienced the same issues as the last optical...
August 23rd 08 12:24 PM
by scorpionx Go to last post
1 190
New hard drive installation, complete nightmare by J1mmy
I initally bought a Hitachi 1TB drive to connect in SATA, that was getting picked up by my BIOS, but not Vista. Vista only saw it an an unknown device in task manager. I tried everything to get it picked up as a drive...nothing. Someone told me that it might be faulty, so I got another one sent out. Now i have 2 of these drives, a total of 2TB connected onto my PC which is running Vista Ultimate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 25th 08 12:49 PM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
23 628
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
I wanted to post an update. I am still experiencing problems with this error on my computer. I looked through the logs and also discovered that apparently my video card memory was insufficient (I have a 256mb card). So, I decided to upgrade the card. When I went in to upgrade the card, I discovered that the card was seated very close to the area where the memory is stored. My memory produces...
August 26th 08 04:00 AM
by mehuh Go to last post
6 205
Proper 64-bit WinModem driver by Man-wai Chang ToDie (33.6k)
When it would come out? Right now, the driver would freeze the whole Vi$ta for about 0.5 second whenever the WinModem goes on or off hook...... -- @~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY. / v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with you! /( _ )\ (Xubuntu 8.04.1) Linux 2.6.26.2 ^ ^ 20:55:01 up 11 days 5:07 3 users load average: 1.16 1.18 1.12
August 25th 08 12:15 AM
by V Green Go to last post
5 206
Windows detected a hard disk problem by rumjungle
I'm getting this error message for my new Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB drive. I've got 2 of them installed and 1 is being reported as failing. This is a consistent error that I get every session. I accidentally turned off the warning message and would like to know how to reset it in Vista. Not sure if this post belongs in this forum so please move it to the right one if necessary. Thanks. --...
August 26th 08 12:02 PM
by Lezza[_2_] Go to last post
5 356
Adding two disks raid0 by George
Is it possible two add two new disks in raid0 on an existing windows vista home premium 32 bit installation and how? Thanks George
August 25th 08 02:48 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
3 213
Pen drive issue by tanuj_chadha[_8_]
Hi, I just bought a Kingston 8gb pen drive FAT32 (formatted). But whenever I copy an .avi file to it. The file of the file approximately 800mb to 1.5gb. The file plays fine in my system. But when I try to copy it on the pen drive & play it on some other system. VLC player or windows media player or any player in that case would state as the file is broken. Is there any patch any fix for it. As...
August 25th 08 09:55 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
4 237
Installing vista on raid 0 by George
When do I need to give the driver for the array ? Will the installation ask for it or do I need to press a key like xp ? Thanks George
August 23rd 08 01:52 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 206
Raid problem by Andy Baker
I have an Acer laptop running Vista Ultimate that contains 2 identical hard drives. When the laptop was purchased, the first drive was partitioned into C: and D:, and the second was configured as a RAID drive (Raid 0)?, so in Windows I could 'see' C: and D: only. My problem is that the RAID array has stopped working, and I now have 3 drives, C:, D: and E: visible when I click on Computer....
August 26th 08 12:08 PM
by Andy Baker Go to last post

From The