  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Random freezes by tyler
I can barely use my windows vista, since mostly it will freeze while doing random things... the screen almost looks hilighted and the mouse will do the loading animation with the circle thing... it then will let me move the mouse around and maybe click on one or m,ore thing, but basically itll sit there for hours if i let it... this happens randomly... sometimes itll happen right away when i...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 08 01:08 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
13 364
Mass Media Storage Driver by schecterguitar
While uninstalling a few unneeded programs the other day I accidentally uninstalled the Mass Media Storage Driver and didn't notice until after it was completely uninstalled (kicks self in face). I can't find my Vista disc right now so I was wondering if there was anywhere online I could re-install it? Any help would be great. Thanks,
August 27th 08 03:43 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 242
Help with removable drives and autoplay by Ari[_2_]
hello, i have a dell inspiron 6400, vista home premium 32-bit. for some reason all my removable disk are all named the same thing yet on all my other computers they all come up as the default name for removable disks (what ever it may be). i was wondering if someone could help me: 1. tell me how to show the removable disk drives at all times and maybe i can fix the problem that way. or
August 28th 08 01:05 AM
by PaulM Go to last post
7 322
Hard drive accessing constantly while in screen saver by Boardjunkie
Good Morning, I recently installed Vista Home Premium X64 on my machine, and this started happening. When I awaken the PC it stops accessing almost instantly. I'm not sure if this is even the right place to ask, but I'd really appreciate if anyone had a little insight to share. Thanks in advance, Troy
August 27th 08 03:12 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 252
Uninstall Drive, it automatically reinstalls by kentest
I have 3 drives mapped with drivers installed, but I do not actually have these devices. I go into device manager to uninstall the driver and the device, it works, but then immediately the driver is automatically re-installed. This is for Vista Home Premium. How do I stop the auto install from happening so I can uninstall the drives? These drives are for backup drives that I do not have. --...
August 27th 08 09:47 PM
by dmex[_91_] Go to last post
3 247
New Computer - BSOD - How do i find the problem? by Martin From
Hello, i have just put together a new computer, and installed Windows Vista Ultimate X64. But of some reason I keep getting the BSOD, and i dont know how to find out what is causing the problem. My new computer consists of the following hardwa - CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 - Motherboard: Asus P5Q-E
August 28th 08 04:41 PM
by Paul[_21_] Go to last post
1 209
critique this posible system for future build. by DAS WULF
Can you guys help me with a system,this is a small system that I may build in the near future. Would like some input on hardware selection. I can say this particular system is upgradable and complete with hardware & monitor. all hardware was priced from newegg. The goal would be to keep the final build under $1000. CASE: Antec Sonata III 500 Black 0.8mm cold rolled steel ATX Mid Tower Computer...
August 27th 08 09:31 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
1 293
Reinstalling Vista Ultimate on second SATA hard drive by tommyg
Can't find this exact question here.... so mine is: I bought a new SATA internal HDD and want to move my current Vista installation to it. I should have no trouble moving the system files to that new drive. The key question is: Will Vista need me to reactivate? Will there be any other product hiccups?
August 28th 08 03:19 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 171
USB Flash Disk access problem; Vital Data at Stake =[ by NiGhtpr0wleR
I was recently using my 16GB transcend flash drive to upload pics to facebook when it failed. I had already uploaded two batches of pics and it was when I refreshed the page to upload the third set that I got the message "The drive previously accessed is not available" I decided to try looking for the files on 'my computer' but when i tried to access the drive (H:\), it gave me the message...
August 28th 08 02:01 PM
by NiGhtpr0wleR Go to last post
0 200
RTL8029 drivers for Vista? by rodier
Hi all Im searching for drivers for Realtek 8029 (10mbit pci) card for Vista x64. I know many cards have that chipset, and it was native supported in XP, so I dont understand why they removed it in Vista. When I try XP drivers from some manufacturers, it tell me, there is no drivers for that device or its not x64. Anyone know how to solve it? Maybe some trick to force install 32bit drivers? I...
August 26th 08 05:26 PM
by andy Go to last post
4 246
Memory Status by Tank
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name CORE2QUAD System Model P5K3 Deluxe Wifi ASUS Motherboard XFX Nvidia 8800GT 512MB 256 DDR3 Graphics System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9300 @ 2.50GHz, 2514 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date American...
August 26th 08 06:28 PM
by Tank Go to last post
5 264
removable hard drive by hoppy
hi Please can anyone help, i brought a mass 500gb exturnal hard drive, which connects to my computer by usb, (i am running windows vista) it was working fine for a week or two then the hard drive stopped me from putting on any files or getting any files off it, it changed from a LOCAL DISK DRIVE to a REMOVABLE DRIVE which wont alow me to get any of my files from it or even open the drive...
August 27th 08 05:14 PM
by hoppy Go to last post
4 219
Recycle Bin Icon by Jim
How can I get it back, some-how I have deleted the icon and I needed back Jim
August 27th 08 10:19 PM
by Jim Go to last post
8 228
Windows doesn't show optical drive by sleeplessinnewjersey
Windows Home Basic does not recognize an inserted optical disk. Indeed, it doesn't show the drive at all. I performed a non-distructive system recovery. Nothing had changed. I went to Device Manager and found an exclamation point for the optical drive. I uninstalled the driver expecting Windows to reload it at restart and rebooted. Again, nothing had changed. I have the Vista...
August 27th 08 01:11 PM
by sleeplessinnewjersey Go to last post
2 252
Can't access broken Vista OS drive as an external drive on XP by mynameisstolen
Hi. My notebook hard drive (Vista Home) was failing (I botched the install of SP1) and I was unable to backup my files before it wouldn't boot anymore. I hoped I could use the drive externally on my XP P4 desktop to transfer the files over. XP sees the drive as D & E (main partition and recovery partition). But when I try to access the drive, it just runs. I
August 27th 08 12:01 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
8 289
My Computer (Windows Explorer) stops responding on new SATA instal by ocpsduke
I have just added a second SATA hard drive to my PC (Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB). My Vista Home Premium installation is on a partition on a Seagate 200GB SATA drive. After I installed the new drive, everything started up fine. I moved some files to the new drive (I partitioned it into 2x250GB partitions), and it again was working fine. After I closed it, I tried to open Computer...
August 27th 08 12:25 AM
by ocpsduke Go to last post
5 279
Any recommendations on APC products? by cab3@209
I'm thinking of purchasing APC-BR1500LCD-1500VA-Outlets-BACK-UPS and just curious if anyone has Pros & Cons on this model (or similar APC backup UPS) FOR: DELL XPS 420 Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 3GB RAM 32-bit OS Windows Vista Home Premium Dual 22-inch LCD Monitors
August 27th 08 04:08 AM
by cab3@209 Go to last post
2 200
startup failure. rather urgent. by deathofamodernist
So i've recently purchased a compaq notebook pc running vista home premium. after unwittingly installing what i'm assuming was a windows update, i am finding myself unable to run in anything other than safe mode. attempting to normally run the laptop ends up with it jamming on the windows loading progress bar in startup, attempting a system restore from safe mode ends in another jammed state. i...
August 28th 08 03:26 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
5 278
Permissions on USB drives in Vista by JACK0306
Whenever I put a storage in my USB drive, when I try to access it, it says Access is denied. I looked it up on google and found that it was quite a common problem in Vista, and that the problem was in permissions, and all I had to do was to take ownership of whatever I had in my drive. However, when I try to do this, it says Access is denied. I have tried taking ownership using the hidden...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 27th 08 06:03 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
12 463
Web cam driver by Lewis_
'Sony VGN-CR33 (Laptops) Sony VGN-CR33 China ,Laptop Computer ,Notebooks & Laptops offered by chinese wholesaler' (http://mobilephonechina.en.madeinchina.com/P6053860/Sony-VGN-CR33-Laptops.shtml) Ive got that laptop and after i had home prem x32 reinstalled i lost some of the drivers. The Camera drive being one of them. As its from china its not on the uk update list 'Vaio : Support : Drivers...
August 28th 08 06:26 PM
by Lewis_ Go to last post

From The