  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Video card andplaying DVD by Carl G
Hi Guys and Gals We have a little problem here with vista home and playing dvd's in media player or media center. Whenever we try to play a dvd in either player the pc crashes and get the BSOD. The error says something like it timed out trying to load the video driver. It is on my soninlaws PC so I am not sitting by it now. His PC is = ECS mobo , AMD 2600 CPU , 1 gig memory , Nvidia Gforce FX...
June 7th 07 02:59 PM
by Carl G Go to last post
9 124
Blue Screen by Chuck
Any else getting this or know what it means: Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem:
July 18th 07 02:55 PM
by P. Di Stolfo Go to last post
1 124
Sony MSAC-US1 USB memory stick reader by Jr
Worked perfect with ME and XP with no external drivers, just plugged it into USB port and it worked. Vista wants drivers and I cannot locate any on the web, Sony site and others thru Google. Seems like a step backward in that VISTA does not support such a simple device. Have home premium on one of my computers and do not think it is worth the money or hassle to install on the other two,...
July 19th 07 08:10 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 124
WHQL and the current state of display drivers by IRFrustrated
Hello! What does WHQL stand for? As far as I know, it means that the device and the related device driver work properly in order to provide customers high quality of service. I have Asrock 4CoreDual-VSTA motherboard with VIA PT880 Ultra chipset and nVidia Geforce 6600 GT AGP display adapter. Games ran poorly with the drivers provided with Vista installation, so I
July 24th 07 01:39 PM
by JW Go to last post
9 124
Soundmax on an Asus P4C800D. No Analog on back panel by djmulls
This has been doing my nut all day so any help would be appricated!! Just rebuilt my PC with Vista Ultimate 32bit. I am using an Asus P4C800D Mobo with onboard sound using a Soundmax audio controller. Installation went through fine and Vista see the card and says its all up and running. However the analog output on the back of the PC which I use to plug in my stereo speakers no longer works. If...
July 22nd 07 11:58 AM
by freddy Go to last post
1 124
Vista USB Mass Storage Device Driver by Jim
I have an Acer 9410Z with Windows Vista Home Premium. Vista recognizes that I have a flashdrive connected to USB, but cannot provide a driver. Flash is supposed to be plug and play and works just find on Windows XP. Flash manufacturer does not have a driver for this hardware. Is there any way I can use my flash drives, as I have several of the same type, Memorex TD 2C 2.0.??
July 25th 07 11:04 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 124
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The drive by MicrosEmp
When trying to fix my problem with the DVD Drive I tried several solutions ending with deleting the upper & lower filters in the registry. I did not proceed when noticing that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} only contained Lower Filters. I only saw Upper Filters in :...
July 29th 07 02:06 AM
by MicrosEmp Go to last post
0 124
RAM associated blue-screen on boot. by CaptainJeff
Hello all. Having a little trouble that I hope you can help with. The problem is that Vista bluescreens with an "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Stop error code 0x0000000A. The problem is definitely something to do with the RAM, though it is not a faulty board. The system boots successfully with three out of the four 1GB RAM boards installed, though inserting any fourth RAM board causes the above...
August 17th 07 01:11 AM
by CaptainJeff Go to last post
3 124
DVD drives unstable and / or crash the system since Vista upgrade by amydad
I haven't seen this problem in any of the other posts. I was able to fix most Vista problems after the upgrade to home premium from XP, but a big one remains: Both of my DVD drives will either make the system unstable and crash, eventually causing me to have to turn the power off to reboot, or go to a blue screen for an immediate crash when I put just about any disc in either drive (including...
August 18th 07 08:02 PM
by amydad Go to last post
0 124
Sony Vaio Memory Stick not showing up... by Howard Woodard
I have a Sony Vaio that came with an internal memory stick reader. I don't think I've ever used it, for that matter, I don't know what a memory stick is or looks like, but since upgrading from XP Pro sp2 to Vista Ultimate last week the memory stick "E Drive" no longer shows up and the rest of my drive letters have shifted up by one letter. I seem to remember that the driver was named...
July 17th 07 09:05 PM
by Howard Woodard Go to last post
3 124
vista ultimate 64bit driver for nvidia 8600M by Peter
Hi, I have an Acer 5920G with nvidia 8600M GT However, i am not able to install the vista 64 bit driver from nvidia website. Could someone please help? Thanks
July 16th 07 02:13 PM
by Peter Go to last post
8 124
USB hard drive enclosure, no Vista drivers by Sir Benjamin Nunn
Hi, I have a Sumvision USB2-SATA Drive enclosure, fitted with a Western Digital 400 Gb drive. When I plug it into a laptop running XP, the drivers all install automatically. However, on my Vista box, there is a problem in finding a driver - Vista reports this as the driver for the hard drive itself, not the enclosure.
June 3rd 07 08:20 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 124
Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick by TACR2
Hi, can anyone advise on the following: Having just purchased a new PC running Vista Ultimate I am unable to connect my joystick as it doesn`t have a 15 pin socket only 9. Will this joystick work if I purchase a USB joystick converter. Any response ideas appreciated
June 8th 07 10:49 AM
by Nick Mason Go to last post
5 124
camera downloads by westlor
cannot get pictures from my Pentax optio 330... says everything ok...... I tried downloading drivers from disc and pentax site everthing seemed OK when I go to "start"..."windows photo gallery"..."import pictures and videos".. under scanners and cameras my Pentax is there as a scanner not a camera and it comes up with Xerox as manufacturer. what gives?
June 7th 07 10:32 PM
by westlor Go to last post
0 124
Firewire Device and Windows Vista Ultimate by Rob
Greetings. This has probably been asked before, but I could not find a thread with my specific issue. I have an Seagate External USB/FireWire Hard Drive. XP recognized the FireWire connection just fine, however Vista does not. Device Manager shows the device as being compatible when I plug in the IEEE 1394 interface. No errors. But Disk Management will not see the drive.
July 19th 07 10:12 PM
by sbower Go to last post
1 124
i can't modified the host file. by P.J.
i tried to modified to add IP local host on my system. but there is an error message prompt "Cannot create the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file." - "Make sure that the path and filename are correct" How to solve this? PJ
July 9th 07 03:24 AM
by P.J. Go to last post
3 124
Vista's Hardware Compatibility with my dial up modem. by Potential Windows Vista User
I have a dial up modem and I can't find any drivers for the 64 bit version of Windows Vista or XP that work with it. Is it possible to have a 64 bit system and use dial up? I have no other option at this time.
July 13th 07 04:32 AM
by Potential Windows Vista User Go to last post
6 124
Missing DVD-RW drive by Shandy
I have a relatively new Acer Aspire notebook running Vista Home Pro. I have found that I can't view my DVD-RW drive in My Computer, nor can I play DVDs or CDs. Device Manager implies everything is working, and says I have latest drivers installed. What to do?
July 13th 07 08:40 AM
by Shandy Go to last post
2 124
microsoft wireless lasor mouse 5000 by cock2 robin
Hi Members I have a problem with new lasor mouse. when installed cannot connect to internet unplug mouse then can connect. Installed latest driver for vista the same my old wireless mouse okay, can anyone help.Also i want to install a 500 gig hard drive instead of 120 gig with clean install useing vista upgrade premium academic useing backup will it still activate on new hd.robin
July 13th 07 03:40 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 124
Epson Stylus CX5200 by john
Hi Folks I've had help from people on here before so now it's my turn(!) .... A few days ago I posted a message saying I was having trouble with my CX5200. It is on my new 'Vista Home Premium' Pc and is being shared by my older 'XP' Pc (using a router network). Some facilities didn't work at all, the printing process was dead slow (especially when printing from the 'XP' Pc), I couldn't see...
August 23rd 07 10:09 PM
by john Go to last post

From The