  Rating Reverse Sort Order Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Volume slider drops to Zero by doboy
Clean install vista home basic My volume starts off at zero, and the only way I can get sound to play is to manually hold the slider bar up. If I release the volume slider control bar (let go of the mouse button) the slider drops all the way back down to zero, by itself, and I can't hear anything again. Has anyone ever heard of this problem?
August 29th 08 02:15 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
3 169
Dual monitor issue (OS = Vista) by E.Dover
I'm using my laptop as my primary screen and a Samsung SyncMaster 730b as a secondary. Operating system is Vista Home Premium. Both monitors are using a generic PnP driver (it's not giving me any options to install more specific drivers). I'm having issues with 2 things. One is that the primary and secondary screens seem to switch randomly after a sleep/hibernation or shutdown and...
August 29th 08 12:07 PM
by E.Dover Go to last post
0 182
ntoskrnl.exe error by steguy
Hi everybody, Sorry to undig this old thread but I encounter just the same problem after changing my motherboard/processing unit (+ I changed from AMD to intel). The shop tech I bought my material from installed this : - new Gigabyte motherboard+ Q6600 quad core - existing IDE hard drive on which XP is installed (or rather was before I changed the MB). According to the BIOS it is set on...
August 29th 08 12:15 PM
by steguy Go to last post
0 203
USB Device not detected - New solution for some by DickK
Like many, I had this problem with a Printer. I have now found a solution, though not for everyone. The cause in my case was a USB device not supported by Vista (a Webcam that Creative haven't bothered to provide Vista drivers for). I have this connected and have an XP partition on my computer to allow me to use it for Skype Video calls. When looking at the power tab of the "USB Root Hub"...
August 29th 08 01:34 PM
by DickK Go to last post
0 199
Silicon Image SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid Controller by Xorro
Hi all, new to the forums :) I have been fighting with my PCI IDE Raid card. I have it set up as RAID, I have been through F3 and set up which disk is the primary and secondary. In Vista I can see both drives in explorer and disk manager. However... I'm not sure that RAID is working, I have set it up as mirroring, so I would expect both disks to have the same data on. If I copy something new to...
August 30th 08 12:14 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 193
Sidewinder Precision 2 and Vista by John
I plugged in my Microsoft Precision 2 joystick into my Vista sp1 64 bit machine, the driver installed automatically and it worked fine with Flight Sim 2004. Later, I had to restart the machine to finish installing updates and now the computer won't detect the joystick. I've tried plugging the joystick into every USB port. I've shut down the computer and restarted it many times. No...
August 30th 08 12:07 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 190
very slow dvd burning on my dell 1520 inspiron vista laptop by perek
hi! i don't know what happened, my dvd burner was ok... but now i can't burn even 1 dvd it's very verrrrrry slow. more than an hour. & it always fail in the data verification. i tried nero, roxio... i uninstalled it & reinstalled it. but the same problem. i tried different media... same thing.
August 30th 08 12:03 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 201
intel g33/g31 express chipset family by jasonl
8888888888888888 -- jasonl ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jasonl's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jasonl.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1029414.htm http://forums.techarena.in
August 30th 08 12:21 AM
by jasonl Go to last post
0 479
Running programs in background while sleeping by GJB
When in sleep mode (Vista Home Premium), will programs continue to run in the background ? Specifically internet downloads ? Thanks.
August 30th 08 12:32 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
6 262
Dual Monitors wont display tv by clint23
Hi everyone, I have a toshiba satelite A200 laptop running vista home basic, I have an external 22inch panasonic lcd screen conected via the vga port. the problem is with displaying tv on the second monitor through my aver media usb digital tv reciever. Works fine when using just one screen or the other but not both ( one displaying tv and the other browsing the net)I have upgraded the ram to...
August 29th 08 11:37 AM
by clint23 Go to last post
0 177
ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
*sigh*... disabling TMM didn't help either -- mehuh
August 29th 08 07:06 AM
by mehuh Go to last post
0 200
Cant Run with 4gb, also cant install KB929777 by Stilldawn
Hello, I just got a new machine. I have 4gb of ram (2 dual channel cossair 2gbs). Whats happen is, my computer wont load up Vista 64bit if I have all 4gb of ram in. The problem is it works fine with 2gb and Ive downloaded the KB929777 update, but vista wont let me install it with only 2gb Ram (says it doesn apply to my system) but the thing is I can even get into Vista to install the update...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 29th 08 10:19 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
15 297
Vista will not read flash dives using FAT by Hunter54
Ever since I started using Ready Boost, Vista will no longer read flash drives (USB or SD) that use FAT. When the drives are inserted, Vista will request to format the drive. If FAT is selected for the formatting, the formatting will fail. If NTSF is selected, the formatting will succeed and the device can be used. However, I can't use the typical flash drives that others will give me...
August 30th 08 03:08 AM
by HDUX Go to last post
2 228
USB Drive - Ties Up Vista - Can't Safely Remove by garywi
Hi, My WD2500 250G USB drive does things with Vista that annoy me: -the drive starts spooling up/spinning even if I have not made any read/write requests from it -while it's spooling up, is slows down Vista severely, causing me to want to Eject it -while the drive is spinning, I can't safely eject, error, drive is in use by another program, even when I have no programs running, or files...
August 28th 08 09:40 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
9 253
computer card by Superman[_2_]
This is probably a stupid question but is there such a thing as a HDMI card for a computer so you can plug your HDMI monitor into it? -- Superman
August 28th 08 11:49 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
7 321
fingerprint scanners by Adam Chapman
I know you can use fingerprint scanners for logging on to your personal windows user account, but is there a way of using such a scanner for passwords on the internet? e.g. my ebay/online banking email accounts etc. It would be really cool Thanks, Adam
August 29th 08 07:30 PM
by Adam Chapman Go to last post
7 286
Toshiba Satellite Vista laptop by Vista newby
Please help me. My cursor goes nuts. I type a line and look back to find that the cursor has jumped to Lord- who-knows-where. It may have jumped back into the typed line or jump onto another cell shown on the page. I am losing my mind. :confused: -- Vista newby Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
August 29th 08 08:50 AM
by Spirit Go to last post
4 220
"The required section was not found in the INF" by mattxo[_4_]
please help me, i installed a copy of vista that was only 700mb because it has a lot of features removed and it works very well so far. but when i try to install my xbox 360 vision camera i get the following message. if possible can somebody send me this driver perhaps? my OS is : Vista Home Premium
August 28th 08 10:22 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 219
Help Me Please with my FW port by Cairns
Hello Everyone, Here is my problem.. I have the tascam FW-1082 and I just bought the Adaptec FW 4300 card.. I installed it and Vista automatically installed the drivers and says it's ready to go, however when I plug in my Audio device in there is nothing, when I plug in my Video device(Canon ZR500) there is nothing.. However when I plug in my video device in the factory FW ports it pops up, so...
August 28th 08 10:21 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 221
Eoes the remote keyboard for Windows XP Media Center Edition work with Vista Ultimate by VinyMAC
I had a media center with Windows XP Media Center Edition. I upgrated to *Vista Ultimate* and the *remote keyboard for Media Center Edition XP* will not work. The media center functions work, but the keyboard and mouse functions do not. Can anyone help me get this working? -- VinyMAC
August 30th 08 11:53 PM
by VinyMAC Go to last post

From The