CD drive help by Sellestia
ok, so i got TSSTcorp CDDVDDW TS-L632H ATA Device and it has stopped working. my computer originally came with vista, but recently Norton 360 was taken off... and the device stopped working. i tried the search for updates, but its up to date, i tried to do a search for "check for solutions" because it was saying i was getting an error 39...
August 31st 08 03:47 AM
by Sellestia[_2_] Go to last post
5 256
USB keyboard not working on start up by A7X808
Occasionally, my microsoft usb keyboard won't function when I start the computer, but it's fine when I re-start. This isn't a big problem, but I was just curious as to what could be causing this to happen. Thanks -- A7X808
August 31st 08 04:32 AM
by A7X808 Go to last post
4 274
raid 0 "error occured" by George
What is this ? I run chkdsk and found no problem. I marked the disk as normal using Intel storage manager and it runs fine. Still I worry. Any suggestions? Thanks
August 31st 08 03:00 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
1 213
Problem Installing Printer Driver by pgonza02
Hi, I had to remove my printer from my laptop and when I tried to reinstall it Windows cannot find the driver. I tried adding it manually and HP does not even show up as a manufacturer. I tried contacting HP and they just said that the driver should be built into Vista and they don't have one they can provide. My printer is an HP Deskjet 5650 and my laptop is running Vista Business 32-bit...
August 31st 08 08:02 PM
by pgonza02[_2_] Go to last post
3 244
Audio Error by jdemon
Whenever i try to open WMM it says "Windows Movie Maker cannot be used because the required audio hardware cannot be found" . . . everything is plussed in plz help
August 31st 08 10:20 PM
by confused Go to last post
2 263
Acer 5610z start up problem by wpcalvert
Hi all, When I turn it on my notebook, it will only show the first screen with the Acer logo and the blue bar on the bottom, that bar will get to about 60% before the notebook shuts down. During this process the screen shows the option for Press F2 for setup. When I do that, the option is replaced with "Please Wait..." and will do nothing further. Nothing happens if I press Alt and F10 either....
August 31st 08 11:06 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 268
Slow DVD/CD access by NoCarsGo
I have just built a new system and after much trouble setting things up everything is finally running. The problem is, while my DVD drives are working, it is taking a LONG time for vista to access them making it virtually impossible to install any software/drivers from disc. When trying to access any information, the system will usually hang for 5-10 minutes before accessing the drive for 20...
September 1st 08 09:39 AM
by cmacatini[_2_] Go to last post
3 275
Vista DVD-RW Burn Loop (DRU-840a) by thenicewizard
Hello! Just Installed Vista 64 (Clean) and everything is working great except my combo DVD. The drive can read both CD and DVD. However, when I burn a CD or DVD, it hangs but never comes to a solution. I'm using Nero 7 and the model is a Sony DRU-840a that says its Vista compatible, I checked for firmware or driver updates but there aren't any. It's detected in Bios and Windows and is scene...
September 1st 08 03:55 PM
by locoeng Go to last post
5 311
ReadyBoost, Why don't I have it? by Tanelman
I purchased a new computer last year's christmas. It came with Vista Home Premium, recently I heard of ReadyBoost and that it was included in Vista Home Premium. The problem is that I don't have ReadyBoost or I'm just too stupid to find it. Can anyone help me? -- Tanelman
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 1st 08 06:51 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
13 491
mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s ata drive is not working by annakar
September 2nd 08 07:19 AM
by annakar Go to last post
0 300
Lost a drive d: by George
Hello all I have a raid 0 array and a third disk I use for backup.While playing with Intel storage manager 8.5 drive d: disappeared. I can find it in bios and in device manager but not in My computer even using command prompt. Any ideas ? Thanks George
September 2nd 08 10:31 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 196
Problem with HTC Herald by Marek Zaremba
Hello, I have small problem with coping files between my WM 6.0 device ( HTC Herald ) and my Vista PC. I am using program WM5Storage that makes from WM device USB flash disk. If I plug HTC herald to computer where is installed Win XP, everything works my copying speed in both directions are app. 700KB/s. But if I am on computer where is Win Vista installed, only one direction works...
September 2nd 08 10:59 AM
by Marek Zaremba Go to last post
0 148
Sony PlayStation LPT controller by 2m4Y
...hi everyone, I have a little problem, few years ago I modded my PSX DualShock Controller to LPT port, so I could play games on my favourite pad! This pad is recognized in Widnows XP SP2/3 no problem with LPT drivers that I found on the web, but problem is that they don't work on Vista (x86/x64, nor SP1) using directpad or some other program! Anyone have some idea how to solve this? Thanks in...
September 2nd 08 02:45 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 169
Unable to read Pocket/Mini CD in Vista Utlimate x64 by Ed Warren
Windows Vista Utlimate x64 When I insert a Pocket CD-R, AutoPlay pops us (Select Burn file to disc), When click on drive nothing happens, Under properties: Used space:0, Free space:0, Capacity: 0. Tried to format: nothing happens. The drives read/write the "standard Cd/dvd r/rw" fine Note: Under Windows Server 2008, it does not even recognize the mini/pocket cd's it tells me to insert a...
September 2nd 08 11:02 PM
by Ed Warren Go to last post
2 255
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly by Cyberwolf[_2_]
I keep getting the following error message in Vista Home Edition, 32Bit, SP1 - "*A problem with your video hardware* caused Windows to stop working correctly" Intel Quad Core Q6600 2 GIG RAM ATI Radeon HD2600 PCIe Creative XFi Music Edition
September 3rd 08 04:10 AM
by Quaoar[_2_] Go to last post
1 148
Vista Device Manager by Mitch
Hi, How can you tell in device manager if a device is disabled? I read that a red "X" would be next to the device with the problem. When I manually disable a device by right mouse clicking on it and choosing "disable", I get an arrow to the left of the device pointing downwards. Any thoughts? Thanks. Mitch
September 3rd 08 09:22 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
2 162
WINDOWS Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 and Vista 64bit!! by Purpledelta
Can anybody help with the following situation: Running Vista Home Premium 64bit. After buying a Windows Wireless Optical Desktop 1000 i can not get it to work? I carry out the install off the cd(install IntelliPoint and Touch), reboot connect the receiver and then vista see's the device as "Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 2.10" it then tries looking for a driver for this device and fails...
September 3rd 08 09:31 AM
by Grandia Go to last post
9 216
Philips VOIP 3211G/37 Skype Phone by Chdiamo
The Philips DECT 3211G/37 cordless Skype dual mode phone is not recognised in many computers running Windows Vista. The Skype forum says that a specific " PCI chipset" or " PCI USB card" must be used in desktops and that the modification cannot be done on laptops. Does anyone have any information on this and a possible work around? Thanks for whatever suggestions you can offer
September 3rd 08 01:42 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
1 191
Vista x64 Harware or Software issue by ww50
Heres is my issue. When adding a secondary hd to my system either internal or external the system will not boot into windows. IT will post and the bios sees the drive correctly. It will not boot with the second drive added even into safe mode. The drive checks good by checkdisk. it is formated. When in the external case with the power off the system will boot all the way and turning on the drive...
September 3rd 08 11:36 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post
1 163
Vista x64 eSATA Issues by Brian Takos
Has anyone been successful on getting Vista x64 to recognize an eSATA drive? I've tried motherboard connections and 3rd party hardware, and nothing is ever recognized. Even tried a supposed hotfix from MS (sorry no link) without luck. Nothing shows up in the management area, and all other SATA drives operate fine and BIOS is set to AHCI SATA. Any suggestions??
September 3rd 08 11:39 PM
by Timothy Davis [MSFT][_2_] Go to last post

From The