How To Reassign a Key w/Wireless 6k Keyboard by Saidas[_9_]
I want to reassign the Log-Off key on my Wireless 6000 keyboard and it can't be done with the Keyboard option in Control Panel. I found this tip but have a question and the thread has been closed and thought I would try he I used an utility called WIXMO ('GRC*|*WIZMO - Steve's Windows Gizmo**' (http://www.grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm)). I reassigned the logoff button to sleep using this...
March 18th 09 05:48 PM
by Saidas[_9_] Go to last post
0 231
Intermitant Mouse Problems by Saidas[_9_]
I'm using Vista Home Premium 32, a newish MS Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 (tried another set, same problem) set on six month old pc with plenty of everything. I run anti virus/spyware regularly and updates. Periodically, my mouse will suddently start slowing down and I have to bang several times on the buttons to get the response and when it does it is slower than usual. This just happens out of...
December 1st 08 09:38 PM
by trouble Go to last post
2 271
Sporadic Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 Problems by Saidas[_9_]
I previously was using an Optical Desktop Pro and experienced the same problems I'm having now with a new Laser Desktop 6000 and that is that the mouse becomes slow and unresponsive require several forceful taps to get it to work and some keystrokes have to be repeated. I'm using Vista Home Premium and my pc is only a few months old. Since I was having the same problem with the other set, it...
November 21st 08 01:11 PM
by amy d Go to last post
2 416
Disabling MTP support at least for some USB devices by Saiko Kila
Hi How to disable MTP support in Vista Business? At least for selected devices. I have some USB devices which support both MTP and MSC, but have no option to change the protocol - they default to MSC under XP, and to MTP under Vista. It hinders their functionality severely, or simply put makes them unusable. For example it's impossible to make any changes to files without copying them to hard...
February 28th 08 02:15 AM
by Saiko Kila Go to last post
0 126
CD burning under Vista by saint_craig
CD burning under vista broken? I am trying to burn a CD under windows Vista x64 this is on a completely fresh clean install of vista to rule out any other conflicts. Reguardless of the type of burn I try to do Mastered, etc... I have the same net result. The CD go through all the motions of burning and when it is complete, I am informed that it was burnt sucesfully. If I subsequently try to...
April 4th 07 06:27 PM
by Robert Moir Go to last post
5 169
0x9F_3_IMAGE_5U870CAP.sys by Sal
bluescreen with the fault bucket: 0x9F_3_IMAGE_5U870CAP.sys any help will be appreciated.
July 6th 09 08:34 AM
by Sal Go to last post
0 243
Cannot load the Polar IrDA adaptor by Sal
I bought Polar 2.0 usb IrDA adaptor. when i loaded the driver that came with the adaptor, it started giving me blue screen. i did some research and according to polar website: http://www.polarusa.com/service_repair/faq_con2.asp?ID=11 the IRDA device should work with generic IrDA driver that are preloaded in vista and should be plug and play. However, when i connect the IrDA device, the...
September 16th 07 04:20 AM
by Sal Go to last post
0 114
windows error message by Sal
Hi, I keep getting an error message every time i boot up windows vista. Error loading C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X8613\DLCDtimedll Please can someone help me get rid of this message and advise on what it means. Could someone also explain the advantage of 32 bit or 64 bit for the vista home premium edition. --
July 7th 07 02:04 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 97
cannot see external USB hard disks by Saleem
hi, I have a Vista Business Dell D630 laptop. All of a sudden, I cannot access any external USB hard disks. When I connect the USB drive, windows detects the drive but will not show up in my computer. My computer (windows explorer window that is) will not respond while everything else is working fine. If I remove the USB cable, the drive will instantaneously appear. While the device is...
August 24th 08 06:30 PM
by Saleem Go to last post
0 211
external modem error 692 by salehi.com
i have an external modem "decloop WLL" and i connect it to serial port of my pc. i add a standard modem 28800 bps driver in win vista, but when i want to connect to internet i give error 692. i dont know whats wrong. i use same procedure in windows xp pro and i successfully connected to internet without any error. i don't know whats wrong.can any one help me?ask me if you need more...
August 24th 08 08:53 PM
by salehi.com Go to last post
0 201
external modem error 692 by salehi.com[_2_]
I have an external modem "decloop WLL" and i connected it to serial port of my pc. i add a standard modem 28800 bps driver in win vista, but when i want to connect to the internet i give error 692. i dont know whats wrong. i use same procedure in windows xp pro and i successfully connected to internet without any error. can any one help me?ask me if you need more details. sorry for...
August 25th 08 05:36 AM
by salehi.com[_2_] Go to last post
0 190
Where can i get SM Bus Controller Driver? by Sall
I have Asus (P5ND2-SLI Dleuxe) motherboard, and i have a windows vista of 64 Bit. what i am looking for is the driver of SM Bus Controller for windows vista 64 and other driver for this motherboard for windows vista 64bit? Thank you
April 10th 07 03:12 AM
by Jason Knutson Go to last post
2 211
Looking for a driver for asus motherboard by Sall
I have vista x64 installed, and I got 2 question marks.unknown device hardware id profiles are ACPI\PNPB02F *PNPB02F & ACPI\PNPB006 *PNPB006 cant find drivers for them
April 10th 07 01:54 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
2 216
Looking for a motherboad advice by Sall
I want advice from an intelligent who could advise me with a motherboard which has the best feature, which suite Vista with out any problem witch is causing me now with the motherboard I have, what I am looking for is a motherboard witch it could accept the feature I have: 1- P4 3.8 GHz. 2- 4 GB of memory 3- Dul 16 PCI of graphic card
April 17th 07 03:34 AM
by Drew Go to last post
8 219
Maxtor External Drive not recognized by Sally
Maxtor One Touch 111 Firewire 400/USB 300 GB Portable Drive. Vista Premium OS USB 2 How do I get my drive to be recognized? Yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager with error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". My Maxtor Drive worked flawlessly under XP.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 14th 07 09:32 PM
by Bud Go to last post
10 237
Lexmark X73 Printer Won't Work with Vista! by Sally Roberts
Does anybody know what printer driver I can download to make my Lexmark X73 printer work with Vista (it worked fine with XP before!) At the moment the printer will not "talk" to the computer at all!
August 7th 08 08:11 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
4 205
USB headphones. by sam
When i connect my xbox 360 controller for windows it seem to reduce bandwidth, so my headphones in particular is effected.To resolve the issue i need to restart the pc without the 360 controller and then the usb audio device seem to work just fine.Without the xbox controller the bandwidth to the headphones is 15%, and with the controller it is reduced to 1% and the controller is at 4%
November 6th 07 06:09 AM
by sam Go to last post
0 121
Why does Vista NOT keep settings? by Sam
Hi, I hook up a second monitor to my laptop running Vista Business. The second monitor sits to the left of my laptop so I go to Display settings and move the second monitor to the left. Everything works fine till I lock my computer -- not even log off. When I log in again, the second monitor is moved to the right. Why does Vista not keep settings?
February 26th 08 09:57 AM
by uk_vista_ultimate_user Go to last post
5 181
Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP MCE v1.0 with Vista by Sam
Like many others, I have purchased the Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP MCE v1.0 with Vista, which microsoft says should work with Vista but it doesn't. The media centre keys work alright, but the mouse and keyboard don't. If anyone has managed to get the keyboard to work with Vista, please let us know how. Very many thanks
July 25th 08 04:35 PM
by Sam Go to last post
1 216
Generi RNDIS Driver issue by Sam
Tried installing a new WM5 device (HTC TYTN) and kept getting a message that the generic RNDIS driver was missing. Vista will also not install ASync. Any clues??????
September 13th 06 03:10 PM
by Sam Go to last post

From The