ATI RADEON MOBILTY X600 by Curtis
this graphic card is not registering properly and is saying that there is no video memory and is regiersting as a genteric video card please figure out a way so that it works with laptops as this poses a problem for users of it and there is no work around for it as the manfacture of the laptop does not carry the drivers for the lastest version of it includeing the beta drivers for...
September 28th 06 02:28 PM
by Curtis Go to last post
0 163
What next? No wireless found: No problems either by Curt in Budapest
Dell Ispiron 1420 - almost brand new. Vista Home. A collegue from another office brings it to me. It cannot see my wireless network! (It can't see it in her office either) (I verify that it is on, check all the settings - It can't see a thing.) Cable network connection works perfectly. I bring it to my computer dealer - same thing. He thinks setting are fine. I do Dell connect over the internet...
April 17th 08 01:07 PM
by William Anderson Go to last post
1 89
Windows Media Encoder 9 Stops Encoding after 20-30 Minutes using V by Curt
I am trying to get Windows Media Encoder 9 (WME9) to encode video from ATI 650 TV tuner card. I am running Windows VISTA Ultimate operating system. I can successfully encode input from ATI 650 for 20-30 minutes then both the input and output display on WME9 simply "freeze" with no warning or error message. I do not have any restrictions on CPU or hard-drive space and tons of extra...
March 28th 08 12:55 AM
by V Green Go to last post
1 284
Moving, Deleting and Renaming within Vista by currysteph
I know this has been talked about before on this forum but nothing on the forum (that Ive tried) solves the issue. Basically, Ive downloaded a large set of files to an external hard drive. They are all .mov files. The file is no longer listed in the program that i used to download with. (after the download was finished I cleared it from the download list) So now the folder (and all the...
October 21st 07 10:46 AM
by currysteph Go to last post
0 103
Problem opening web pages with mouse by curleecues
Hi I am using vista home premium 64bit. All updated, and wireless HP mouse battery is brand new and shows 100% remaining. When I am on a webpage and want to open something, I used to be able to double click on the left side of the mouse and it would open, all of a sudden this am, it doesn't work I have to click on the right side, then click on open.... to open anything, I am not sure...
January 23rd 10 01:13 AM
by curleecues Go to last post
8 421
Problem opening web pages with mouse by curleecues
Hi I am using vista home premium 64bit. All updated, and wireless HP mouse battery is brand new and shows 100% remaining. When I am on a webpage and want to open something, I used to be able to double click on the left side of the mouse and it would open, all of a sudden this am, it doesn't work I have to click on the right side, then click on open.... to open anything, I am not sure...
January 22nd 10 04:31 PM
by curleecues Go to last post
0 235
Can't use my mocrophone with Skype! by curious-moi
Hello, My microphone (external or internal) does not work with skype. I have an HP computer and it was working fine about a week ago, and now I can only hear the other side, and they cannot hear me. Please help me. Thank you --
April 18th 09 02:01 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 262
Using ReadyBoost with ExpressCard SSD by cuocuo
Hi. I recently purchased a 32GB Phason ExpressCard SSD. I tried to use ReadyBoost with that but I couldn't find the ReadyBoost tap in the drive properties. I surely checked the ReadyBoost service was running and also checked the ReadyBoost tap appeard when I plugged another USB memory. But, just for the SSD, there was no ReadyBoost tap. So I thought that the SSD itself do not support...
May 28th 09 11:18 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 294
USB DEVICES using Vista Ultimate by cunnid02
I have to add my complaints as to why my USB devices which were working just fine suddenly turned GENERIC after one of MS's famous updates. I mean, I had My Book read as My Book (F) in My Computer; now if I am lucky it loads a generic driver and doesn't register at all in My Computer. In fact, I haven't been able to utilize any of my external hdds because of this. The frightening thing is...
December 18th 07 01:32 PM
by cunnid02 Go to last post
0 102
spacebar not working by cumbiagermen
During the eveningtime, the spacebar on my keyboard stops working. I am almost certain it's not the keyboard itself because I tried using the spacebar using the On-Screen Keyboard, using a diff. keyboard, and connecting remotely and in all those instances the spacebar didn't work. So it must be a software issue. Any ideas?
April 29th 08 12:10 PM
by Bob W[_2_] Go to last post
7 111
How to test file-filter-driver in Driver Test Manager(DTM)? by Cui Wei
Hi Can anyone tell me my issue? For our product running well under Vista x64, We want to konw how to test anti-virus/file system filter driver in Driver Test Manager(DTM). please tell us the test procedures concreted about it! Thank you!
December 18th 06 02:02 AM
by Cui Wei Go to last post
0 198
Vista external usb drive issue by cugamer
Greetings all I just build my first home built system, and I didn't screw it up :). I've installed Windows Vista Business 64 bit which I got for free since I'm a student which is a plus and it's been mostly smooth sailing except for one issue which is driving me insane. I have a WD 640gig external HD and every time I connect it Vista searches for the drivers, and then tells me it can't find...
March 29th 09 05:08 PM
by maya Go to last post
9 271
Epson scanner not working by Cuddly Duddly
I have just installed Vista and my Epson Perfection 1660 scanner won't work. Epson tells me it is "not supported" and drivers are not available for this set up. They suggested I try to get them from their Canadian site (I am in the US). I also tried the UK site, at someone else's suggestion, and that didn't help either. Seems to me this might be a bit like Ford Motor Company ceasing...
March 17th 07 12:54 AM
by Cuddly Duddly Go to last post
7 187
CODE 10 with Dual Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controllers 8111B and 8110S by Cthelight
I got a new MSI K9A Platinum with 2 Realtek PCI-E GbLAN controller 8111B and 8110S, the hardware works fine in linux but vista (32bit build 54??) it says it can not start the hardware (code 10)! whats going wrong! i got only 10 days befor actvation!
September 29th 06 12:35 PM
by Cthelight Go to last post
0 292
Happy Holidays '07 by Cthelight
Happy holidays!!!
December 26th 06 12:50 PM
by Cthelight Go to last post
0 255
nvidia fx go5600 by ctellis156
i have a GeForce FX 5700LE and it too is on the list but it gets rated as a 1 as well which seems crazy since it is a 256mb 8x agp card. "Larry Morris" wrote: This video card is on the hardware compat list, but Vista (RTM) is not detecting my graphics memory. As a result, my computer gets rated as a 1. Has anyone encountered this problem and know how to fix it.
November 30th 06 02:10 AM
by ctellis156 Go to last post
0 122
Printer Suggestion? by CT
I use all HP products. Since installing Vista, the scanner and HP Photosmart 8450 are working. The laser printer is a relic from the previous century. I am going to have to replace it. Any suggestions on which HP lasers might work with Vista? They all SAY they work with windows, but not necessarily which version. I am considering both B&W and color, and work out of a home office. Your...
March 11th 08 12:57 PM
by Stuart Sabatini Go to last post
2 191
Scanner compatibility by CT
Windows Vista wouldn't work with my old scanner, or so they told me at tech support, so I bought a new HP ScanJet G3010. Everything is in place, and it will scan, but I have to push the scanner button, as I cannot find the program on the system to use an icon off the desktop (actually, I'm still finding my way around the system). It also will not copy using the copy button. Any ideas? I...
March 5th 07 03:36 PM
by Puppy Breath Go to last post
1 218
What's up with my Scanner? by CT
HP Scanjet G3010 newly purchased to go with Vista scans fine, but the copy feature doesn't work. Message indicated latest drivers in place. I KNOW the copy feature is supposed to work, because it's there. Called support. Spent 1-1/2 hrs on phone trying to fix problem. Figured you guys know more about it than they do. What's up? Thanks. TJ
April 12th 07 07:15 PM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
1 147
Scan but won't copy by CT
I completed reinstalled the updated software and drivers from the HP website for my Scanjet G3010, which HP claims full support in Vista. No buttons are not working, but can scan from the screen. No copy function on screen, so that feature is not available at all. Any suggestions? Thanks. CT
March 5th 08 02:07 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post

From The