  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Reverse Sort Order Views
Dual PSX-USB Adaptor - Any Ideas? by John Lacey
I've got one of these PSX-USB Controller convertors that I use for PES6 online, but since isntalling my MSDN version of Vista, There are no Game Controllers showing up but there are 2 HID Game Controllers showing up in the Device Manager. Any Ideas on how to get this working?
May 17th 08 01:04 PM
by mikeyhsd[_2_] Go to last post
9 229
Install HP printer and driver in Vista by CelestialBabe
I can't seem to get Vista to let me install my HP printer. I've tried StartControl PanelAdd Hardware, added a generic printer, added my HP-have the disc for the software, and HP driver is built into friggin' Vista!! Went to manufacturer site also. Got,"Printer driver not installed.Operation could not be completed(error 0xe0000101)." in the add hardware thing. This exact printer used to...
May 3rd 08 07:26 PM
by Trevor Go to last post
9 278
pc does not boot - is it possible to create boot cd with another p by GoalieMom
We just bought 2 Toshiba Satellites A200, both run Vista Home Premium. Now one does not boot. Some of the screen messages read: "Windows Error Recovery" "Windows failed to start." "Launch repair (recommended)" When we click Launch repair the screen goes to Windows Boot Manager and it reads:
May 2nd 08 07:26 PM
by Brink Go to last post
9 199
Physical Memory by kjrogers
My memory usage (shown in task manager) is at a constant 80 to 90 used even though I have nothing running.(cpu usage minimal) What is causing the problem or what is using this much memory? Any suggestions?
May 15th 08 06:28 AM
by Poutnik Go to last post
9 185
hardware by SPMC computer studies[_2_]
what is the main role of a cpu?
May 27th 08 05:40 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 178
Keyboard not connected to computer by Robert Johnson[_3_]
I bought a brand new Windows Vista Home Premium a couple of days ago, and it was working fine, until the day I turn it on and the keyboard isn't connected. The mouse also wasn't working a few times, but the keyboard refuses to respond at all. I tried everything I could think of that might work.
May 28th 08 12:01 AM
by Anonymous Go to last post
9 185
Driver required for New Internal HDD? by izaaco
Hi, I've Vista Biz running on my new comp. After I did a fresh installation, I decided to make a clone of my HDD. After inserting a new HDD, Vista boots up asking me for the HDD driver, why is this happening? How come it doesn't recognise my HDD and asked me for the driver? Is there any settings I need to change in Vista? I did this before in XP but
June 3rd 08 06:39 PM
by DL Go to last post
9 204
Lexmark Z515 Printer won't print with Vista by FlBoy55
I have a Lexmark Printer which worked with Windows 98. Now it won't work with my new Emachines computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I have downloaded the recommended updates, but all I seem to get is the documents put in the queue, but does not send to the printer to begin printing. Anyone got any ideas.
June 9th 08 04:21 PM
by FlBoy55 Go to last post
9 184
USB Mouse Lost Configuration by John[_37_]
This problem happened after I installed Vista SP1. Here's my setup: Vista Ultimate 32bit with SP1 USB Microsoft Trackball Explorer (directly connected - does not go through a hub) I used the Microsoft IntelliPoint software (version 6.1) to map the keys differently than the default settings. Before SP1 this worked fine. After SP1 the trackball still works but my custom settings are lost. So I...
June 20th 08 09:37 PM
by John[_37_] Go to last post
9 337
Help - At my wits end! by Angrynfrustrated
I recently got a new pc and installed vista ultimate 64 bit. It was going fine until I started playing games (this has happened on every game I tested so far). I'd be able to play for about 10 minutes to half an hour and then the entire computer freezes. It also happened once while i was compressing files to a .rar archive. I re-installed the drivers multiple times, installed the service...
April 27th 08 11:08 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
9 260
RAM/SLi mismatching? by BigEasy18[_2_]
I'm looking into upgrading my ram, and in the future my graphics card. I have G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) right now and am wondering if adding in G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) will work with no problems. While on the subject i would like to put my MSI 8800 Ultra in SLi mode someday soon and since I can't seem to find anyone that...
April 24th 08 10:18 PM
by BigEasy18[_2_] Go to last post
9 128
web cam in vista by smash
im dual booting xp and vista, i have my web cam working fine in xp, when i boot to vista with the cam plugged, it finds the new hardware, then it crashes afterwards, and idea? -- lost in space101
June 9th 08 11:56 AM
by Dave Go to last post
9 387
Both DVD-ROM missing by rona
I have had Vista now for a few months and everything has been fine, until now! After Vista had installed some updates and I restarted my computer both my DVD-ROMĀ“s disappeared. I can see them in the Device Manager and have tried uninstalling them and reinstalling but nothing seems to work! It says int the Device Manager that it cant read the drivers and the drives may be damage (CODE...
May 7th 08 09:37 AM
by freddy2399 Go to last post
9 161
Charging Issues by David
The Battery in my model dv9000 computer is dead. It is plugged into AC power and the computer works fine. The battery icon shows AC power is connected but, the lightning bolt isn't showing indicating that the battery is not charging.
April 25th 08 06:13 PM
by Jack J[_2_] Go to last post
9 143
Vista does not see all of RAM by Barrie
I am using Home Premium and recently increased my desktop memory from 2GB to 4GB. The BIOS sees each of four motherboard slots with 1.024GB and reports a total of 4096GB. System information reports seeing only 3.325GB. Can someone please tell me what is going on? Is Vista not using all the available memory?
May 14th 08 05:38 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 214
After reinstalling Vista, cannot use Backup wizard to restore files by ColorStruck
ON SUNDAY MARCH 2ND I DECIDED TO REINSTALL VISTA HOME PREMIUM BECAUSE I COULDN'T GET WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER TO WORK. AFTERWARDS, WHEN I PLUGGED IN MY SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE AND TRIED TO USE THE BACKUP WIZARD I SAW THIS MESSAGE: -\"THE DISK CONTAINING THE BACKUP IS NOT ACCESSIBLE. PLEASE MAKE SURE IT IS TURNED ON AND CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER.\" -I PANICKED AT FIRST BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS...
June 2nd 08 06:15 PM
by Mescalero Go to last post
9 248
RAID 0 showing a read or write error occurred by wendy
I have vista home premium on a Dell 9200 Dimension with 2 x 250 Gb hard drives configured to raid 0. I get an error showing at startup that disk 0 is ok but disk 1 has an error. I have re-installed the Intel Storage Matrix driver R158601 and the Intel Storage Matrix Manager R158600. When I look at the Manager I see that a read or a write error has occurred on disk 1. Chkdsk shows no...
April 30th 08 07:37 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
9 198
Mouse pauses hangs locks up by idirector
If I'm in a video demanding environment (counter strike) my mouse hangs, locks or pauses. If I move my mouse fast it also locks up from time to time. Sometimes it locks up for like 5 seconds or so. When it locks up I can hear the system shut the port on and off because I hear the ding. It also happens frequently when I pick up the mouse to move it. I have quad 2.4 intel. 4gb ram
June 14th 08 08:08 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
9 389
Safely Remove Hardware by Sandrien13
When trying to safely remove a SanDisk Cruzer 2GB flash drive on my new laptop, it does not stop the device. Actually, nothing happens. The icon does appear in the taskbar, but it just doesn't do anything. When trying to remove it via windows explorer, explorer freezes and has to be restarted. When shutting down or restarting Vista with the USB device still attached it freezes. In safe mode,...
April 28th 08 03:35 PM
by Farhan Ahmed [MSFT][_3_] Go to last post
9 171
directX only recognise 3326mb by tr3
-*can somebody help me with this problem,im using vista ultimate x64 with 4gb ram,512mb vga card,celeron d.my problem is why my directX only recognise 3326mb while the windows and bios startup showing 4096mb(4gb) plz anyone here tell me how to configure this problem :cry:*-:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: --
July 2nd 08 03:15 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post

From The