mouse problem by Guilligan[_2_]
Hy! I've downloaded a tune-up maintenance program witch i dont remember witch one, and in this program there was a mouse configuration choice, and i inlarge the cursor by 3 witch make it square and i dont have to click on mouse button to change window only point at it, witch i would like to rectifie it because it very buggin and i un-install the software but cant find it anymore. there must be a...
June 18th 09 12:19 AM
by JEWboy Go to last post
2 475
Vista 64-bit 4GB and ATI X1950 by SuperSenshi100
I don't know why this happens, I've exhausted Microsoft and ATi trying to find a reason. When I use 4 GB of RAM in Vista 64-bit and install ANY Catalyst driver for my X1950GT PCIe video card, I get random grey bars on my screen using Aero (basic is just fine though), and when I use any kind of 3D application it works for a few seconds and then freezes entirely. If I remove one stick of RAM...
June 18th 09 12:01 AM
by shellp[_2_] Go to last post
8 556
nVidia GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430 'blue death' by kr236rk
hi have had nVidia driver update blues for at least one month now and get the -blue page of death- confirming its nVidia source: "*nv*lddmkm.sys" :mad: this seems to be an issue of poorly thought-out nVidia drivers floating around wrecking systems, from what i can pick up from forums heaving with the same complaint: i never had a problem before Windows did a driver update for me a month ago:...
June 17th 09 05:20 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 428
Upgrading motherboard in Vista by Kevin Ellison
Is there anything I need to do before upgrading my Motherboard in Windows Vista? I know it used to be a pain in the butt in XP. I have a fully licensed copy of Vista (meaning not OEM). Any information will be greatly appreciated. The upgrade will be happening this upcoming weekend. Thanks!
June 17th 09 09:54 AM
by Tae Song Go to last post
4 498
Hard drive crashed, bought a new one but... by ekxotip
I suck with computers so bear with me... My hard drive crashed, so i bought a new one but when i try to run the recovery dvd disc, as soon as i click start it says Error 100a if problem persists contact hp. i called them and they're telling me i now need to get a new recovery disc, but i dont think they know what they're talking about and im sure they will just tell me i need to buy...
June 16th 09 09:59 PM
by TimeWasted Go to last post
6 543
BSOD BCCode 1 and BCCode 50 Vista64 by Frals
I put together a new PC with Vista 64 Ultimate about 7 weeks ago and have not had any BSOD issues until two days ago where I encountered a BSOD issue on two consecutive days while playing World of Warcraft. I've been playing WoW on this computer since building it in early May and I have not had any BSOD problems gaming until 6-14-09 where I got the Code 50 and then on 6-15-09 with the Code 1....
June 16th 09 08:36 PM
by Frals Go to last post
0 416
SB X-Fi wont pick up mics with vista by batts
Hi guys. I think I have a similar problem to Brad and would love some help. Its a bit diff however. I got the card and installed it. it seemed fine the sound is good but theres one problem! The mic on the fatality headset wont work! Its in the right port. I have tried reinstalling the card. Updating latest drivers but cant help but feel that I am missing a driver specific to the issue. The mic...
June 16th 09 05:46 PM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
1 442
Dual Boot Instructions by DavidG
Hi I'm wanting to create a dual boot for my PC. I would like to use 2 separate HDDs. One HDD has Vista Business (current) and the other proposed HDD will have XP. I would like to locate some good user-friendly instructions on how to do this by downloading from a web site, or maybe someone on the group has a set of instructions. Could someone assist please? Is there a good site on this...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 16th 09 04:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
34 1,880
Mouse scroll behaviour after sleep is poor by TheDuck
After waking the PC each morning the mouse (MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0) exhibits poor scrolling. A significant amount of wheel rotation will result in a jerky and slow scroll. Before sleep it is perfectly smooth. I have tried disabling the power save option - no improvement. I am using the latest drivers from MS (6.31.230.0 dated 26/11/2008) Seems like a driver issue, but can anybody out...
June 16th 09 04:05 PM
by TheDuck Go to last post
0 438
LifeCam application crashes on Vista RTM by PaulP
I just installed the new Vista drivers and application for my VX-6000 from the hardware site and while the drivers install fine and the camera seems to work (tried it with Messenger), when I launch the application (LifeCam.exe), I get the following error message: "LifeCam.exe has stopped working" I uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times, installed with the camera unplugged, installed with it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 16th 09 02:38 PM
by magitekarmour Go to last post
22 2,363
I need a USB Guru... by Crodino
Hi. I’ve 2 mobo USB input on front of my desktop and others on a PCI USB Controller. If I connect my usb keyboard to mobo USB input the keyboard is avilable before boot, too. Is there a way to get the same result connecting the usb keyboard to USB PCI Controller ? (by tools, bios settings, other…) Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 Thank you and Good afternoon --
June 16th 09 04:52 AM
by Spirit[_5_] Go to last post
8 581
Faster memory ? by Natéag[_2_]
Are there real advantages to upgrading from 800MHZ memory to 1066 ? I use my computer for common tasks such as txt edit (Wordpad or above); CD-DVD burning, email, Internet Explorer. I just changed my graphics card from a 8600 to a 9880 Nvidia board, and the computer has become much more faster. Thanks for any advice.
June 16th 09 04:16 AM
by Drew[_6_] Go to last post
5 423
Bluetooth Help by SilentThunder47
Ok so I supposedly have a bluetooth adapter built into my computer, because on my wireless card switch it also has a bluetooth symbol next to it, and also theres a FN option on my keyboard. I am running a Lenovo Y410 with vista 32bit, also i found a bluetooth driver but it is disabled. Ive searched the internet but i cant find any help on this issue. Thanks for help -- SilentThunder47
June 16th 09 03:55 AM
by nomore Go to last post
3 522
HD's going to sleep / power settings adjusted by Lynkdev
I have my power setting set to high performance and also the HD sleep is set to never. Still though after 10 mins of not using the comp, the HD's go to sleep and it takes like 10 secs for my computer to load the hard drives after waiting for them to start up again. Am i doing something wrong? --
June 15th 09 11:08 PM
by Lynkdev Go to last post
7 433
Hp LaserJet 3050 scanner wont work....help!!!! by finger
all functions work perfectly, printing, faxing, and copying. whenever i try to scan this message pops up: " There is no TWAIN-compliant device installed. please install one and try again" i don't know what to do. plrease help
June 15th 09 04:21 PM
by gotme1 Go to last post
6 532
Change floppy drive assignment from B: to A: by M Skabialka
I built myself a computer a couple of years ago and have Vista Ultimate on it. Recently I went to create a floppy disk for maintenance on another computer and found that the floppy drive (which I haven't used before) is labeled as the B drive. How do I change that back to A? Right now I am using subst a: "b:" which works for now but would rather set it permanently.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 15th 09 02:45 PM
by M Skabialka Go to last post
13 841
dvd 's not recognized but CD can.why? urgent. serious problem. by harsha[_2_]
im facing a new problem, that my dvd writer cant recognize DVD"S and it is saying that "Insert Disk in the Drive", that too after 10 - 15 min. if i click on the cd/dvd drive it is hanging up. only the dvd's, that too all kinds of dvd's have the same thing and each and every CD , all kinds from movies to games and softwares, all are reading and writing. why? please help me in this.its...
June 14th 09 07:43 PM
by Woody Go to last post
9 494
wireless logitech mouse by vi
My wireless mouse keeps freezing on this operating system(vista) but operates fine on computor with xp. Oh to go back but I can't. Says drivers are up to date. Wake up is on but when it goes to sleep or isn't used for a while the mouse freezes. Is there a fix?
June 14th 09 08:17 AM
by bdeancpa Go to last post
9 586
Installing Printer on Vista Home "USB Device Not recognized" by StaceyJA
I have been trying to install a Canon Pixma 160 Multifunction Scanner/Printer on my Gateway Computer with Vista Home operating system.After many hours on the phone with Canon, trying two different printers and a new USB cable, Canon determined that there is a problem with Vista (possibly a security issue), and each time that the drivers are downloaded and shows up on the computer as being...
June 14th 09 06:45 AM
by ReneeKate Go to last post
7 593
USB Drive can't be removed by Aldo
I use a ZIP USB Drive for my music collection. When I finish hearing music, I try to remove the USB and get a message about a program still using it. I tried closing every program and even disabling my antivirus without success. It worked fine with Windows XP. Any ideas? TIA.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 13th 09 09:41 PM
by Cheryl Go to last post
18 1,133