Vista runs really slow by Sam24112
Disable themes in the sevices and watch it go. get there by control panel and then admin tools "MusikHersteller" wrote: Turn off Aero Glass and watch it fly. Look under personalize display and whatnot in the Control Panel, it will appear like a theme. As soon as I did that, my laptop and desktop both ran better, less hot, and I think my battery is lasting a lot longer...
September 18th 06 06:14 PM
by Sam24112 Go to last post
0 130
Blue screen when waking from hibernate b/c of Atheros wireless by SamAndAnnRuss
When I wake from hibernation, I often blue-screen now. Vista says that it is because of wireless. The crash information: Fault bucket 0x50_athr+1102, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen I recently applied Vista Service Pack 1 and also downloaded a video game. Any ideas? Should I uninstall Vista SP1?
October 24th 08 12:43 AM
by SamAndAnnRuss Go to last post
0 263
t43p sound by samaritrey
i just installed vista ultimate lastnight and i cant find drivers for the sound buttons at the top of the keyboard. i downloaded every driver from lenovo's site and installed them but still nothing andy help would be great thanks -- samaritrey
July 14th 08 05:41 AM
by Dominic Payer[_2_] Go to last post
3 168
Upgrade my P4vxmb CPU by sambo54
I'm wanting to upgrade my CPU on my P4 motherboard. I am currently using a 1.6Ghz (478 socket). What would be the maximum I can go to? I have 1Gb Ram, and good graphics and video card. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
July 29th 07 10:28 AM
by freddy Go to last post
2 98
Old AC'97 want to upgrade to vista compatible by sambo54
I have and Old AC'97 and I really want to upgrade sound card to something compatible with Vista. I have a P4VXMD 1600mhz with 3x PCI slots and 1 AGP. Any advice on the best suitable for my PC would be great. thanks in advance
July 10th 07 09:28 AM
by freddy Go to last post
5 168
ATI, GECUBE or Powercolour? by sambo54
ierGot some great advice early regarding graphics cards, but can some one tell me what the difference is for a Radeon 9600 pro when one is a ATI and one a Power Colour and one GECUBe? I'm assuming they are just different manufacturers, but the same product.
July 8th 07 09:38 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 108
Standard VGA graphics adapter not compatable with Vista by sambo54
I loaded Vist Home Premium fine. Everything is going well except my graphics are poor and the basic game run real slow. I updated drivers but my video card must be too old. Can some one please help as to what would be compatable with Vista and my P4VXMD motherboard. I have 3 PCI slots and 1 AGP 4x slot. I'm really hoping my mother board isn't too old to upgrade the graphics card.
July 9th 07 04:33 AM
by Captain Roberts Go to last post
3 135
Audio Problems by Sambuca
I recently went from Windows XP to Vista and I have no sound out of my laptop, unless I hook up my external speakers. It indicates that no Audio output device is installed. What do I do, or where can I go to fix this problem? Cheers,
October 2nd 07 12:40 PM
by Sebastian Vega Go to last post
3 100
connection limit by same error here
Hello , some clue to improve the conncetion limit on Vista Sp1, cause i really need fast connection to work, i pay a lot for ISP, and cannoyt use it cause Window slimit it to 10, these days i try to use a AUTO PATCH to try to solve this problem. but i just recivie an DEATH BLUE SCREEN and need to re-format my new Hd. Please if someone can help me i'll be very glad for that, i.. , and a lot...
May 13th 08 09:49 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
6 149
Invalid Harddisk by Sameh
Since I installed windows vista home premium I can not put my secondary hard disk online, when I go to disk part on the command prompet it shows the following: Disk1 invalid 149 GB dyn when I try to put it online it gives me the following message: "DiskPart encountered an error while onlining the objects in the pack associated with the selected disk" So can anybody help how to retrive my hard...
May 21st 07 12:21 PM
by Chopper Go to last post
6 124
Can not populate my secondry Hard Drive? by Sameh
I can see my secondry hard drive, in the device manager, but when I try to populate, it gives me the message that no information is found. Also I can't see this drive on my computer, although it was there during installation of windows Vista Home Premuim.
April 15th 07 02:56 AM
by Charles W Davis Go to last post
3 150
Hard Drive not found by Sameh
while installing windows vusta home premium, it recognized my 2 hard drives. But after the installion, I could not find my second hard drive. So how I could find it back. Thanks, Sameh
March 31st 07 10:36 AM
by Sameh Go to last post
2 114
Vista Device Manager Only see's 2 cores, not 4 by Samhtek
I have Vista Home Basic (64bit) with a Q6600 processor. In the device manager, it lists 2 Intel Quad Core processors and 2 "unknown" processors. Any help??
November 18th 07 06:10 PM
by Samhtek Go to last post
3 92
Vista native resolution by Sami Väisänen
Hello, I can't change my resolution to my monitors native resolution (1440x900) in windows vista RC2 5744 x64. I have tried to install viewsonic va1912w monitor drivers and latest version of nvidia drivers, but nothing seems to work. I have read from many forums that people have these problems, but they don't know any solution. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? My...
November 19th 06 07:59 PM
by DCR Go to last post
3 167
Ipod and Recycle Bin by SamJean
So, I was stupid in thinking that after I uploaded my songs to my iPod from itunes, that I could just delete them of of itunes so it wouldn't slow my computer down so much. I went to add more songs and it deleted my other songs from it.. I went to Recycle Bin and restored all of the music files but I have no idea where they went and I want to get them back on my iPod without having to put...
December 26th 07 09:16 AM
by SamJean Go to last post
0 108
No sound in Vista on a Macbook Pro by Sammy
I'm using a Core 2 Duo 2.16 Ghz macbook pro and I recently upgraded my XP installation to Vista Business. Seemed like I have similar problems as most people, but the suggested solutions dont work. The biggest problem is that i've got no sound. On first launch Vista device manager told me my audio driver was signmatel with no problems (ie the device is working properly) yet my system tray...
April 13th 07 09:00 PM
by davidpope Go to last post
3 160
vista won't detect my samsung ml-2010 printer by sammy
on my samsung 2010 ml mono laser printer. i get a "driver not compatable with a policy enabled on your computerthat blocks nt 4.0 drivers". i tried to install the driver for vista 64 from samsungs website and it wont work. what does this mean "policy that blocks 4.10 nt drivers??? how can i bypass this and fix this? i need my printer. please someone help!!!
October 12th 07 07:55 PM
by Yibrushn Go to last post
4 123
Wan Miniport SSTP suddently the driver will not load... (vista 64 by samoila_mircea
I was surfing the net... my hp nx9420's intel wireless connection dropped and could not connect... Turned wireless on and off to no avail... then went to do device manager to see it it's still there. Wireless seems fine but i have a question mark near "Wan Miniport SSTP" says the driver could not load. Tried to do an update and it device manager stopped altoghether... Restarted... now my...
January 13th 08 10:19 PM
by Black Baptist Go to last post
1 193
SuperFetch, Log and $MFT keep me from safely removing portable HDD by samoila_mircea
Well, i have a WD passport... a 120 gb usb portable 2.5' hard drive... and it's driving me nuts... EVEN xp was better at safely removing removable media... The only way to remove it is to actually remove the drive letter from administrative tools. and then remove... it seems that vista processes are just not letting go ... NO : i do not have a virus, no other software is accessing
May 23rd 08 07:47 AM
by Davor Radic[_2_] Go to last post
1 148
What sound card? by Samuel Marin
Hi all. I'm puzzled. I've spent some time now searching for a basic soundcard that would meet these specs, to no avail. What would you then recommend? My specs: PCI 2.0 soundcard (not 2.1, 5.1 nor 7.1) - does any manufacturer ever make those anymore? XP and Vista compatible - will be used on a dual boot system
December 11th 07 05:18 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post

From The