ATIKMDAG.SYS by mehuh
@Lum: So, it sounds like if I did get a new monitor that was successfully recognized by Windows, that it probably won't help. Thanks for clarifying that. -- mehuh
September 15th 08 05:31 PM
by mehuh Go to last post
2 192
How to make calibration color profile stick in '2nd identity'? by Imageman[_2_]
Vista 64bit | Samsung 205BW calibrated Displays | Spyder2 / Colorvision updated for Vista 64bit | Two Identities PROBLEM I have two identities on my Vista PC. The main identity is for general activity and the second is for business use. I calibrated my dislays in my main identity and the calibration works fine, and looks great. However, when I log on to my second identity the...
September 15th 08 09:28 PM
by Nogginsaked Go to last post
1 183
How to remove device driver files? by james
I need to experiment with different versions of a display driver because the microsoft default driver has missing functionality and the OEM version is not vista certified and the latest XP version does not work, so I need to try the previous versions and some modded drivers as well. Each time I installed and then uninstalled a driver, some files get deposited in the windows folder that never...
September 16th 08 09:33 AM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
1 175
WdiSystemHost ServiceHang by NormCameron
I need some help from the learned gents (and Ladies) who frequent these forums. I checked my problem report and discovered that for the last 2 weeks the following problem has been logged, but not reported, on startup. "WdiSystemHost ServiceHang". Could you guys tell me, what is this? Is it critical? and, do you know what could cause it? Greatly appreciate your advice. -- NormCameron
September 16th 08 09:40 AM
by NormCameron Go to last post
1 190
vx-6000 by space bunny
hi everyone, it seems that after installing sp1 on my vista machine (x64) my webcam isn't reconised anymore. i tried several versions of lifecam (after uninstalling the old versions) but everytime when installing is finished and i'm told to insert the cam something goes wrong with installing the drivers for the visual part, the driver for the audiopart is installed correctly. does this ring...
September 16th 08 06:44 PM
by mansrm81 Go to last post
1 209
About Vista Format by trikat
I found a Microsoft help and support site that states Vista format command writes zeros with a full format. 'Change in the behavior of the format command in Windows Vista' (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941961) Is a full format ran by default when quick format is not checked? Also is formatting the drive from right clicking on the drive and from computer management the same thing? Is the...
September 16th 08 11:04 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
1 187
New hard drive not showing up!!! by scubafanatic
I recently bought an extra internal hard drive for my computer - which runs windows vista. I installed it and put the power cable and SATA cable in and it shows up in Device Manager. But it doesn't show up in my computer as an additional hard drive. I believe I have to format it or something. How do I do that? --...
September 16th 08 11:38 PM
by JerryM Go to last post
3 253
Audio problem with new install on my laptop by fmtnic
I just did a clean install of vista on my gateway 4530gz laptop and I have no audio. the device manager says its working and that I have the most current driver available (intel (r)82801db/dbm ac '97 audio controller). also the visual eq on the volume control is showing activity when I play audio files but nothing from the speakers or headphones. any help? Ive scoured the net for any...
September 17th 08 01:11 AM
by crs22 Go to last post
1 151
Problems with external hard drive. by unknown[_2_]
I have a usb external hard drive (Freecom 80GB). Ever since friday I have been unable to access this drive. It doesn't show up in my computer whereas previously it was the J drive. It doesn't show up on the disk managment thing. In device manager It has USB mass storage device and in this it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. When you right click and select properties...
September 17th 08 01:29 AM
by bob[_12_] Go to last post
2 212
bluetooth and Infra red by vgavhane
Hi, I have ACER ASPIRE 5630. I do not know whether it has bluetooth hardware or not? Also, its INFRARED PORT is not working. I tried to enable IR port through BIOS settings but it is disabled and can not enable it. can anybody help me.. Thanx
September 17th 08 07:52 AM
by Galen[_2_] Go to last post
1 208
Intel Turbo Memory Driver problem -?? by jandarfish
My hp Pavillion dv2000 autmoatically shut down unexpectedly TWICE in the last half hour, a search by Windows to identify the problem told me it was the "Intel Turbo memory Driver" (iaStor.sys) and I could go to the Intel Corporation website for more info - do I need to dl another driver? I don't even know what this thing is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 17th 08 01:17 PM
by louisay_fr[_2_] Go to last post
10 466
CD DVD drive problem by alkires
I got an Acer laptop last year. I used it without tweaks, all defaults (system settings, bios etc...). Now, I can't install any software from a CD or DVD because it always shows a pop-up box having a title of "BURN A DISC". Also, it recognizes a CD or DVD inside the drive but when I do right click OPEN it always shows the "BURN A DISC" dialogue box. The autorun function is also disabled by the...
September 17th 08 03:30 PM
by alkires Go to last post
0 172
Windows Vista error - blue screen Page Fault in Non Paged Area by PC
I had install a fresh windows Vista ultimate with other aplicatios, but sometimes gives me a blue screen with Page Fault in Non Paged Area Any Idea of what could be?
September 17th 08 03:57 PM
by TSDK[_2_] Go to last post
8 163
Must hold keys down to type by Bonzo[_2_]
My wife was working on a PowerPoint presentation when suddenly she couldn't type anything on her HP wireless keyboard. We disconnected, rebooted, and tried both the wireless and the regular HP Pavilion laptop keyboard with the same results. I uninstalled keyboard drivers several times, rebooted - nothing. I set to factory defaults - nothing. Today, I discovered that I can type if I hold each key...
September 17th 08 10:29 PM
by Rich. Go to last post
3 179
Problems with external hard drive in Windows Vista by lovehunter
I have a usb external hard drive (Freecom 80GB). Ever since friday I have been unable to access this drive. It doesn't show up in my computer whereas previously it was the J drive. It doesn't show up on the disk managment thing. In device manager It has USB mass storage device and in this it has a yellow triangle with a black exclamation mark in it. When you right click and select properties it...
September 18th 08 12:06 AM
by Curious[_4_] Go to last post
8 226
Device Manager by Viniee
Win Vista 32 Home Edition My ethernet card shows up in "other devices "in the device manager and it will not load the driver. After 3 hours on the phone with HP they said the ethernet card should be should be listed under "network adapters" so it will load the driver. I question this but does anyone know of a solution? -- Viniee anson
September 18th 08 12:19 AM
by Viniee Go to last post
3 179
HP Pocket Media Drive PD0800 as my DATA stoarage? by adamLA
Hello, Can I use my removable drive to keep all my data? So when I am home, I work and all data goes to the removable drive. When I am at the office, just plug in the drive, and save the data... and so on.... Please let me know.... or I am complicating myself? Thanks. --
September 18th 08 04:58 AM
by adamLA Go to last post
0 164
vista x64 will not boot from hard drive, restore, or from dvd driv by max carson
I had a problem with my dvd-r/rw (tsst ts t633a dvd-r/rw) not being ID'ed in device manager. I used the troubeshooting procedure for the HP Touch smart IQ 506 I have and tried to do a system restore, The first restore completed but did not solve the drive problem. I went back further in the restore and the system will not boot. It's now stuck at the black screen, with the green load bars...
September 18th 08 08:01 PM
by max carson[_2_] Go to last post
4 218
please help~which notebook should i choose? by lamsingsing
I wonder which notebook i should choose... Q40P is way lighter but performance-wise it is obviously slower than Q210 i want my notebook to be light i am currently using LG R400H running C2D T5300, 2Gb 667MHz Ram and it is 2.2Kg everytime i take my notebook out, it would be like killing me, because I live in HongKong, I needa walk a lot...(most ppl in HongKong can't drive) carrying a...
September 19th 08 02:56 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
1 182
LG PC suite Wndows Vista by Anthony[_9_]
Hi there all I have a LG U990 Viewty Nobile phone. The program that came with the phone to connect phone to my PC will not work with VISTA does any one have a solution? Cheers Anthony
September 19th 08 08:08 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post

From The