New hard drive problems by Craig008
I have just insalled another hard drive in my girl friends computer only to find tat when i boot with it connected the machine will not boot at all, the bios detects it and when vista begins to boot the bluescreen of deat flicks up real quick and the machine restarts. if i boot from disc to do a start up repair it does nothing but si there but with all this the machine does boot just fine if...
November 9th 07 06:47 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
6 134
Blu-Ray by Craig008
i have just got me a nice new blu-ray drive for my vista ultimate machine, but all the software i have does not play blu-ray discs for some reason when nero 8 should. what software should i be using does it have to be 3rd party. so u know my machine happily plays HD vids downloaded from PSN but they are in mp4 format - any help is much appreciated -- grapes
January 5th 08 12:32 AM
by Grae Go to last post
2 107
USB Controllers??? by Craig008
i think i may have a problem with my USB controllers, if i unplug a plug and play usb devise and plug it back into the same port, vista needs to install the drivers again, ok fine but i go to install and it tells me i have the mnost upto date drivers and i do not need to install any new ones. i think this problem may be caused by my mother board as it is pre vista, if i decide to change my...
July 23rd 07 05:26 PM
by Craig008 Go to last post
2 105
DVDRW by Craig008
Hi there i have started having some trouble with my DVD RW, it seems that it thinks every DVD that is inserted into it is a blank disc that needs preparing, not so with any CD. I have3 checked the driver and it seems to be up to date , and can find anything else that would be causing the problem, any help would be great as i use my PC as home entertainment and no DVD means no films. should i...
August 21st 07 01:42 PM
by Craig008 Go to last post
0 267
Hardrive about to fail!! by Craig008
i think my hard drive is about to fail, what sort of back up sould i make. i know i will have to reinstall XP and then my vista upgrade if i have to get a new hard drive but can i get all of my setting and regisration back off my backup disk, i may change the hard drive for a faster one soon anyway along with a new mother board and tp alow for further expansion does this count as a new...
October 30th 07 11:03 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 100
Cant un-hibernate by Craig008
i have dell xps210 tha will no come out of hibernation, it says to push the power, move the mouse or press any button on the key board only no of this works, it has a usb key board and mouse that does not seem to have power sp there for can not power the system, the [pwer button does nothing and have tryed XP boot disc and still nothing, whay is going on -- grapes
October 30th 07 08:26 PM
by Craig008 Go to last post
2 102
hardware autoplay options........ by Craig Williamson
Hello, I have been using my video capture device with no problems using Windows Vista Ultimate until a few days ago. Now, when I turn my device windows finds it like it should but I don't get the window that pops up asking me what options I want to use. It used to ask me every time. I went to Default Programs and set it to ask me every time as it was set before but nothing happens. I've tried...
February 6th 07 07:28 PM
by PB Henry Go to last post
3 208
Esata drive not recognized by craig
I just installed an esata (Silicon Image SiI 3512 SATALink Controller) Its recognized by vista but I don't see the drive. Do I need to attach a cable fromthe card to the esata port. I have a Dell 8400, no esata port on motherboard. -- craig
January 14th 08 06:49 PM
by Arnaud Go to last post
7 159
December 19th 07 11:22 PM
by craig Go to last post
0 120
audio chatter by craig
Ok. Dell XPS1210 Vista Ultimate,clean install,updated all drivers. As soon as I turn the wireless card on the sound starts stuttering on any audio, even windows start up does. 2ghz processor. 2mb ram Ran Vista Beta for four months with no problem. Bought the retail version and this started happening -- craig
March 8th 07 10:32 PM
by craig Go to last post
0 121
Problems with unspecified errors with Mbile Sync centre by Crackers
I have a an IPAX hx 4700 runing windows Mobile 5 that syncs perfecly well with Windows XP. I upgraded to Vista Ultimate and now the device is picked up and connects ok but the sync has errors and fails and never gives any more information about what or where the error is Any help anyone? -- Crackers
October 31st 07 10:20 PM
by Crackers Go to last post
0 100
NVIDIA 8800GT for MAC on PC ??? by cqui3
Are there any differences between the regular 8800GT Nvidia graphics card and the one issued as 800GT for MAC PRO ? Thanks for your assistance.
September 10th 08 09:40 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
1 180
Looking for Vista64 utilities by cqui3
Has anyone found a way of creating shortcuts to files or folders in Vista 64 without that ".shortcut" addition to its name. That can be done under Vista32 using an older version of Tweakui (v 133). But even though all my applications will work in Vista 62, none of my utilities (free for the most part) will work. TwseakUi, Formwhiz (PCMag - no longer free), etc do work, I miss them and prefer...
August 19th 08 08:53 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 169
Missing Vista Bluetooth component by cptphys
Am I the only one to experience this? After installing the Dell BT radio, the device manager indicates hardware operable and up-to-date driver. Vista control panel shows the BT icon but clicking on it gives nothing. An instantaneous indication of the activity cursor appears, but no dialog box and no error message. It is as though there is only placeholder code giving a return. Anybody? --...
February 2nd 09 01:08 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
4 205
Processor and Memory (RAM): Not Available Vista Control Panel by CptnNemo
I got a VAIO laptop VGN SZ-440N with windows vista Business. When I started the computer oringally, I went to the system tab and it read my processor as well as my amount of ram. Since then, I've done alot of deleting/installing. I've also installed 1 gb more of memory (totaling 2gb). Now (well...for awhile now) in control panel system it reads "Processor: Not Availible" and "Memory (RAM):...
August 23rd 07 09:32 AM
by f/fgeorge Go to last post
1 90
Thumb drive that worked before doesn't work anymore by CPTHughes
I have a 2 GB PNY Optima Attache thumb drive. I normally use it to transfer files between my laptop running Vista Home Premium and my work computer running Windows XP. It has worked fine for several months. Yesterday, I put my thumb drive into someone else's Mac to copy a file from the Mac onto the thumb drive. The thumb drive is now an "unrecognized device" on my Vista laptop, although it...
March 22nd 08 10:23 AM
by JP Levasseur Go to last post
1 191
Problem Installing HP Printer on Vista by cplummer
Hi I am having some problems installing a HP Deskjet 5940 under Windows Vista. I have run the install file for Windows Vista which I downloaded from the HP website this Installs the driver and some other HP software OK but it gets stuck at 96% and won't go any further so I have to restart my computer to exit the setup. When the computer restarts I can print documents ok but when I got to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 08 04:30 PM
by Jean B Go to last post
11 234
DVD Drive Problem by CP Illinois
I have a new Toshiba Satellite X205-SLi1, and I cannot play DVDs, CDs or install software via the CD/DVD player. When I launch the player, an error message reads "The specified drive cannot be located. Check the settings by going to Settings -Action settings -Source, or otherwise check that the drive has been properly connected to the PC." When I go to "Settings," the "Source" option is...
March 2nd 08 02:27 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
3 136
post iPod ejecting problem by Coyote
This is mostly an iTunes bug. It's not Vista-ready yet. If you click "eject" or "safely remove" from explorer, it works properly. If you enable disk use in iTunes, the iPod will stay mounted after update and the eject icon in iTunes will work properly. If you don't have disk use enable, it loops trying to eject. This is a timing bug or something. HOW..EVER... this is only true for USB. If...
October 16th 06 11:56 PM
by Browncoat Go to last post
1 183
Hardware Driver Annoyance by Cowofjustice
Here's my problem... I was given an Adesso 12000 Tablet Pen last year, and had it installed in a Dell running Windows XP, and it worked fine... That computer blew out, and now i have an HP running Vista. I recently got around to installing said Tablet onto the computer, following the same steps as before.
June 24th 08 01:58 PM
by Cowofjustice Go to last post

From The