  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Unable to write files to iPod or external hard drive. by Kevin Commins
Ok, I've been trying to work through this problem now for over 2 weeks and I've gotten nowhere so I thought I'd make a post here and see if anyone else has some ideas I could try. Since upgrading to Vista I have been unable to sync my 8000+ songs in itunes to my ipod. It will start to transfer and get stuck usually after about 20-150 songs. iTunes locks up when this happens and the only way to...
March 31st 07 02:06 AM
by Kevin Commins Go to last post
0 113
Unbootable Hard Drive by Bill
I fried my hard drive last week. Dell has already installed a replacement drive. My question is that the os will not recognize the old drive at all. Like an idiot I forgot to backup my files. Is there a workaround? The disk drive does not even show up in the recovery function.
December 31st 08 10:21 PM
by RalfG[_3_] Go to last post
4 275
Under 8 pound notebooks running Vista 64. by Laurence[_4_]
I'm looking for high end mobile workstation that is under 8.5 pounds and comes preconfigured with Vista 64 bit. Any suggestions? Vista overall performace rating of 5.4 and higher would be a plus. -- Laurence
December 15th 07 11:03 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
4 136
Undo "Don't show again this message" choice for drivers by Nicholas
Hello people, I was installing my w910i phone on Vista Professional and by mistake pressed the "Don't show again this message" choice for one of the needed drivers. Now Windows do not recognize the phone in one mode necessary to transfer files. How do I undo this choise, so as to install the drivers? Thank you in advance
February 24th 08 03:12 PM
by Pete138[_15_] Go to last post
1 133
Unexpect restart error by stu
Just bought a brand new HP m8120n. I hooked it up saturday morning and so far when i woke up yesterday and then again this morning there was an error message saying the computer unexpectedly restarted. And my desktop was rearranged. I checked the problem log and it said in both instances the computer Blue Screened in the middle of the night. Aside from all the updates from both windows and...
August 14th 07 10:54 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 101
Unhide vista c drive by xizie424
installed windows xp as a second os installed Vista Boot all went well until vista boot say that the drive that vista is installed on is hidden. I partitioned the c drive but the partition does not show on boot up . Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- xizie424
July 24th 08 10:01 PM
by xizie424 Go to last post
0 177
Unidentified Bluetooth Dongle by matcher
Hi i have a belkin F8T001, its been working since i installed vista, up til now, windows has now decided that it wont even recognise it as a bluetooth dongle (unidentified device) no drivers work, anyone had the same prob or has it packed up?
March 18th 07 05:52 PM
by CrimLiar Go to last post
2 160
Uninslaing Windows Vista by Krishna
How do you uninstall Vista? -- KCP
February 1st 07 09:27 PM
by Jdr Go to last post
4 182
Uninstall a mouse driver? by Margaret Bartley
My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there is something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times, and I want to drop-kick it. She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the...
January 16th 10 07:03 AM
by Margaret Bartley Go to last post
0 279
Uninstall a mouse driver? by Margaret Bartley
My daughter's Acer laptop seems to have a touchpad that is erratic. When she's typing, she always has to watch the monitor, because the cursor will just jump anywhere without any warning. I'm assuming it's because there is something wrong with the touchpad. I've used her computer a few times, and I want to drop-kick it. She's fine with using a USB mouse, but I'm sure how to disconnect the...
February 4th 10 04:57 PM
by smlunatick Go to last post
8 488
Uninstall Drive, it automatically reinstalls by kentest
I have 3 drives mapped with drivers installed, but I do not actually have these devices. I go into device manager to uninstall the driver and the device, it works, but then immediately the driver is automatically re-installed. This is for Vista Home Premium. How do I stop the auto install from happening so I can uninstall the drives? These drives are for backup drives that I do not have. --...
August 27th 08 09:47 PM
by dmex[_91_] Go to last post
3 247
Uninstall Nokia PCSuite by Lisa65
I am new to Windows Vista and previously had Windows XP which I had Nokia PCSuite on. I have now installed this on Vista only to realise that it is probably not compatible (as it will not find my mobile)which is fine, however I have not got a clue how to uninstall it as it does not appear in the Programs and Features in order to be able to uninstall it. Just hoping that some kind person who...
March 2nd 08 11:53 PM
by Lisa65 Go to last post
2 161
uninstallaion help by lovingmingo
I'm trying to uninstall the morpheus program (music and movies) and my computer is telling me that the program is running and can't uninstall when it is. but its not running i've got it off my screen and everything but i can't seem to uninstall it. i dont see it running anywhere what do i do i want ot get it out of my computer please help
April 6th 08 02:59 PM
by debschevcavl Go to last post
3 187
Uninstalled network adapter immediately re-installs by Dougal
Can anyone explain why, when uninstalling a network adapter class device, the OS immediately reinstalls it. Sometimes even while the uninstall is still in progress? Furthermore, does anyone know how to stop this from happening? It doesn't appear to happen with any other device class - just network adapters. Uninstalling any other class makes it's instance disappear from Device Manager. With...
February 6th 07 10:28 AM
by Dougal Go to last post
3 164
Uninstalling a program from vista by borg
I had a Kensington mouse that quit working. i bought a new mouse, different brand, and I am unable to install the software because the old Kensington Mouseworks program is still on my computer. The problem is I can't get the Kensington program to uninstall. When I go to the control panel, uninstall program, I get an error message. SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (462) Does anyone know what I need...
December 6th 07 09:20 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
2 114
Uninstalling all USB devices, ports, etc by Elizabeth
I'm still having no luck with my mp3 player, even after installing firmware (via my old XP machine) to turn it into a USB flash drive so that I could drag and drop files. I can drag, but they never drop. I also have four phantom drives that appeared when I moved my external drive from one port to another. (I'm at the point where I'll try anything - I love this player, and my external...
June 19th 07 01:07 PM
by Elizabeth Go to last post
0 225
Uninstalling Device by husky86
I just wanted to quickly confirm a procedure as being safe for the following situation: I have an internal 1 TB hard drive that is not being recognized by Windows Vista (even though it is listed in the Device Manager (as working properly) and is fully recognized by the bios). I have been informed by the computer manufacturer that this problem should be fully resolved with the release of...
March 6th 08 12:56 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 129
Uninstalling drivers permanently by David Pitt
I have Vista Ultimate on a Toshiba Media Centre laptop. There is a problem with some keystrokes routed via DirectX not reaching an application I use. Several IR keyboard drivers are installed and it one of these, Microsoft eHome MCIR 109 Keyboard, blocking the key presses. Uninstall it and the problem goes away. And there is the catch, it does not stay uninstalled, it comes back again on a...
October 26th 07 07:06 AM
by David Pitt Go to last post
2 134
Uninstalling Finale 2002 by Paul Calcagno
I'm running Windows Vista, SP2 with 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. On June 23 I foolishly installed (from a pirated CD) a copy of Finale 2002 Music notation program. While the program does seem to work, I'm now having problems with this program either freezing itself (requiring a hard shutdown), freezing Windows or my computer freezing when other apps are open, like Firefox. Finale...
July 4th 09 09:11 PM
by JimF[_2_] Go to last post
4 300
Uninstalling Vista by Krishna
Can anyone help uninstall Windows Vista? -- KCP
December 25th 07 06:04 PM
by Colin Barnhorst Go to last post

From The