  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
vista x64 won't display native resolution anymore!!! by jetenginejesus
hey guys, been wrestling w/ this for a week & a half now, & can't figure it out... have a gateway FPD2185W 21" WS monitor and an EVGA 7300GS. have been using 'em w/ vista x64 for 4 months w/ no problems (RGB; the dvi port on the crappy Gateway blew last winter). was using my box normally, hadn't updated any drivers or installed any new apps in a while, when the screen just flickered and...
February 27th 08 05:39 AM
by RSGun Go to last post
2 123
PC shuts off at random by jtblake
My computer just powers off wothout warning sometimes then won't turn on again for several minutes. The computer hasn't been overheating or even under heavy load when it happens. Which piece of hardware is the cause of my trouble so that I can replace it? The motherboard is an ABIT IS7, the PSU is a Coolmax 450W, and the CPU is a 2.8GHz P4 Northwood. Or is the problem with something else?...
January 31st 08 08:27 PM
by DanR Go to last post
6 123
Dynamic Disks not being detected by janteby
Hello, I have a machine that had XP Pro where I had 1 Drive with my OS & then 2 additional where in Windows I set them up as a RAID 0 Dynamic Volume. I now formatted that OS Drive & installed Vista Ultimate 64bit. When I plug those other 2 Dynamic Volume Drives in, the BIOS detects them but when I boot into Vista it doesn't detect them. They are also not showing up in Disk Management. What...
February 1st 08 10:39 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 123
Corsair GT won't work with ReadyBoost in x64? by minus19
Hi. I have a Corsair Flash Voyager GT (2gb). It's readyboost certified. I got one my for my GF too, who runs Vista 32 on her latop, works fine for her. I do have 4GB of ram. Would this stop readyboost? I have formatted mine in NTFS, ReadyBoost is on in Services Console, When I retest it says 'Does not mee required....' Any help would be good, Thanks, Marc -- minus19
February 10th 08 01:49 PM
by minus19[_3_] Go to last post
2 123
HDHomeRun Networked HDTV Digital Dual TV Tuner by Walter Blanchard
Does anyone have experience with the HDHomeRun Networked HDTV Digital DUAL TV Tuner manufactured by Silicon Dust? -- _____________________________________ Walter B waltblanchtampabayrrcom _____________________________________
February 16th 08 04:08 PM
by Walter Blanchard Go to last post
0 123
Vista upgrade advisor by AZ Trashhauler
I have tried unsuccessfully to install and run the upgrade advisor. Is there another site for obtaining the download other than microsoft?
February 21st 08 09:00 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 123
Back up by Walter
When my computer runs auto back up it is failing. I get a catastrophic (0x8000FFFF) error message. My recovery d is in red, and showing 602MB free out of 6.25GB. Anyone have a clue? I am not sure how recovery d got so full? The computer runs and I have no other problems. Thank You
February 22nd 08 03:38 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 123
Problem wih external HD. by Jaume
Hello everybody. I got as a present an external HD that was property of my girl friend. She has a Mac and the gave me the HD with some photos and mp3 she had. Well, as most of you know, you can't use a Mac HD directly on Windows, so I downloaded Macdrive 7.0 (trial version), copied the files and then attempted to format hte HD. so I can use it on windows. I formated the HD but I got a message at...
March 7th 08 07:27 PM
by Bob F.[_4_] Go to last post
5 123
keyboard problems by Siveroth
Im running vista home pemium on a dell xps 410 and everything was working fine until i installed the new windows updates (4/9) and shutdown. When i first tried to turn it back on it was just a black screen, the diagnostic lights showed a faulty memory module and my owners manual suggested uninstalling the ram one at a time and reinstalling to test it. I took one out and restarted and it...
April 10th 08 04:41 PM
by Siveroth Go to last post
0 123
Bose companion five and the xbox 360 wireless receiver by Squeedom
This is a message I sent to EVGA support: I wanted to let you all know that I was able to solve my problem with the speakers. I wanted you to know how as well for other people who have the same problem. The xbox 360 wireless reciever for windows does something that breaks the speakers. I am not smart enoguh to know what but as soon as I unplugged the xbox 360 wireless reciever and rebooted...
January 28th 08 04:16 PM
by Squeedom Go to last post
0 123
where'd the other sidebar go? by Cortney
when i first got my computer i had sidebar that let me browse through lots of gadgets and things, then i went to windows & downloaded a xm radio gadget and it completely changed my sidebar. i want the default sidebar back, those gadgets were better! i can not find out how to delete the xm radio i installed. i can remove it & thats it. ive looked everywhere... someone help! do i have to...
January 20th 08 06:44 AM
by DizConnected[_2_] Go to last post
1 123
Microphone problems with vista by court
i have a laptop with vista x32 bit and i cannot get my microphone to work i have a logitech clearchat headset, i have tried everything i can think of i know the microphone works cause i tried it on a computer with xp. it is set as default recording device and the sound and boost is turned all the way up
January 8th 08 11:55 PM
by Irishladdy Go to last post
2 123
How do i install a PCI to PCMICA Adapter Card RICOH R5C475 by JPatrick
I can’t use the internet because I am unable to install my PCI to PCMICA Adapter Card of which I use to get the WI-FI signal from my provider. My PCI to PCMICA Adapter Card is recognized when I install it in my Windows XP operating system but when I install it in the Vista system I get the error “Vista does not recognize the card” and the system asks me to “insert the disc with the...
February 16th 08 07:01 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
2 123
Question regarding 'Event12, Kernel-WHEA' Error Log by sangwooksohn
I have question regarding Kernel-WHEA (EventID 12) error log which seems to appear everytime Windows boots up. I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 on AMD Opteron 280 box with 4GB RAM. And I see following error log in Event Viewer; Event12, Kernel-WHEA Machine Check Event reported is a fatal Bus or Interconnect timeout error. Memory Hierarchy Level: 3 Participation: 0
February 19th 08 02:40 PM
by Benoux59000 Go to last post
6 123
Stop Responding with Blue Screen by flewtobob
I have a Toshiba Satellite only had it one month now, and when using it everynight it shut down on me the screen turn blue and it stop responding I have to power down to turn it off please help me I have contacted Toshiba they had me do a restore and that didn't help at all... Please Help Me. -- flewtobob
December 19th 07 02:30 AM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
1 123
Missing Hard Drive by Derek Adamson
Main drive is SATA, I installed another HD on IDE. It shows in Device Manager but not when I click on computer. Same is happening when I turn on USB HD. This has only just started to happen. How do I search for and display extra HD Icons?
December 21st 07 07:39 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 123
Hardware connection by Ralph
Hi there all, I've just bought a HP A6250 pc and a HP W2207H monitor 22" and I've fixed them together, why do I need to use three connectors?. One is the old style port connection, one is USB and the other is sound connection. Why all three? oh and another thing when unpacking and setting up the monitor stand it was incredibly stiff to pull the screen in to the upright position I thought at...
December 29th 07 12:25 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
4 123
Vista Audio to specfic device by application? by [email protected]
I have two playback devices in my Volume Mixer, Speakers and Headphones. When I want to play games, I always want the sound to go through the headphones, but otherwise I want the audio to go through the Speakers. Is this possible? Most of my games do not allow me to change the playback device.
January 2nd 08 03:57 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 123
RAID 1 on Vista Home Premium by AJR
I bought a laptop HP Pavilion DV9428, AMD Turion X2 2.2GHz, 2 Gb RAM, 2 x Toshiba 120Gb HD (device manager says SCSI !) I would like to mirror my main HD to the 2nd one in the event of a HD failure. I searched in my owner's manual and in Windows help file and could not find any information on how or if it can be done. Any comments or help will be appreciated. Thanks
January 15th 08 11:29 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
4 123
'Bad' Vista update? by bdenley
Windows had an update for me today. Some sort of update for Toshiba Bluetooth hardware (I have a big Dell XPS 710 with the Dell bluetooth keyboard and mouse). After that update, I had no mouse or keyboard and the update 'failed' to find any driver. Attempting to restart my bluetooth hardware was unsucessful as the system could no longer find my bluetooth hardware. Luckily System Restore...
April 24th 08 05:04 AM
by BigJim Go to last post

From The