Windows Vista Ultimate x64 by Lohan Roberto
I just performed a fresh install on my HP zv6000 CTO Notebook (Athlon64 4000+ w/ 2 GB RAM) to Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. But the OS is so slow, hanging everywhere... I never thought that the 64-bit version of vista would be SO MUCH slower then Windows XP... Would Vista Ultimate x86 be faster? ------------------ System Information ------------------
February 16th 07 02:18 PM
by Son_Worshipper Go to last post
3 291
crashing cant install programs by very frustrated vista user
just installed vista premium left it running for a hour turned off left it 1 hour restarted all ok went on to install nero 7 and it keeps crashing something about windows installer given up now 3 trys still the same went on to media centre clicked on to recorded tv started to watch 1 of the trailers and CRASH rebooted tryed again same happened
February 16th 07 01:42 PM
by very frustrated vista user Go to last post
0 295
New Motherboard by Martin Racette
Hi, I'm thinking of changing my motherboard (and CPU, and RAM), since my current motherboard doesn't like Nvidia's 8800GTS under Vista My current board is an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe, with 4Gb of RAM I would like some suggestion for an new motherboard, that will support at lease the same amount of RAM, and the 8800GTS
February 16th 07 01:02 PM
by Wojnarowski Go to last post
4 379
ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express - drivers? by johnm
A quick search of the group didn't turn anything up, so forgive me if this has already been answered. I'm using the ATI All-In-Wonder 2006 PCI Express video card, 6 months old. Vista didn't recognize it (huh?) - and the TV Tuner portion isn't working, I expected the tuner wouldn't work as the Ugrade Advisor said I'd need a driver for the ATI T200 Unified AVStream Driver, but the video...
February 16th 07 12:08 PM
by Tom Lake Go to last post
5 283
How to TURN OFF keyboard repeat rate limitation by Vincent
Hi, in Windows Vista I can see where you can set the repeat rate for when holding down a key. But I don't want any limitation on how much the repeat rate is. I want continuous repeat of any key when pressed. I cannot see where this can be done within Vista. Please help.
February 16th 07 09:18 AM
by Vincent Go to last post
5 281
USB External Hard Drives not registering in Vista Home Premium by Arigas
I have a pair of external hard drives that are used as storage for my home network, both of which worked just fine in XP, but have only worked once since installing Vista on my computer. I don't know how they actually ended up working, but I since restarted and went into XP to finish up some things. Since then, I've gone back to Vista, with no luck of either drive showing up and being...
February 16th 07 04:47 AM
by Cymbal Man Freq. Go to last post
2 245
NVidia graphics and widescreen by Arne-Kolja Bachstein
Hi there, I got a new widescreen lcd now and would like to avoid that scaling from 4:3 to 16:10 when playing games that don't support widescreen. I know there is an option in the NVidia control panel that let's me choose between several scaling options. But no matter which one I choose, it's always stretched to fit the screen when playing DirectX games. Well, I tested only Battlefield 2,...
February 16th 07 04:40 AM
by Arne-Kolja Bachstein Go to last post
2 316
Procesor upgrade on Vista P4 to P4 h.t by Shion
Hello I have windows vista bussines on my P.C whitch intel P4 processor. I´m upgrade the processor to P4 H.T . Is necesary reinstall o repair windows vista? Tanks. ----------------
February 16th 07 04:19 AM
by BSchnur Go to last post
4 284
PC wont wake from sleep by Marc
Hi there I've heard a search and a google, but can't seem to find anything helpful - so maybe someone here might be able to help. Just upgraded to Vista Home Premium yesterday, the upgrade advisor told me uninstall Active Sync and Nero - do I did. the only other problems were minor issues with visual studio 2005 and windows messenger. So, what a shock when my 5.1 sound card didn't work!...
February 16th 07 04:01 AM
by Steve Jain Go to last post
6 262
Can't use scanner with Home Premium by Nadasue
Hi. Right now I am MAD! I have an HP F3500 all in one. I'm able to print, but none of the scan options will work with this version of VISTA. It appears that they've made it so that neither of the home versions have the option for scanning or faxing, even with a plug-in, but this is not the way it is advertised. I was told that this version should do everything XP did, so I guess that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 07 03:14 AM
by Nadasue Go to last post
13 481
Running vista home premium in 1024x600 resolution by Bjarne
Hi I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo 3667G, which has a 17" LCD (1440x900). When running XP it was possible to run this screen in 1024x600 (Which suits my eyes best). But after upgrading to vista this resolution is no longer available. The nearest is 1024x768 which is not good because it is stretched, so it looks funny. The video board is a Radeon X700, and i am using the latest Ati drivers
February 16th 07 02:13 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 250
HCL by JustABloke
What is the point of a HCL that contains incorrect information? I purchased a network card based upon the information contained within the HCL, it simply doesn't work. I've not been able to find any kind of network card wired or wireless that works. Microsoft and all the various hardware vendors simply shrug their shoulders and I am left with the best part of £1000 worth of computer that is...
February 15th 07 11:10 PM
by JustABloke Go to last post
5 481
VISTADRIVERS by Mark
I recently purchased a shiny new vista ultimate 64bit. imagine my horror when it wont except my drivers for a gigaset usb adapter DECT connected to a gigaset cx100isdn. so i have 2options xp with internet or vista no internet can anyone help me. i cant get broadband where i live so this connection is the only option. -- MARK
February 15th 07 10:00 PM
by JW Go to last post
3 318
USB Power.. by ITBGTI
I thought this worked when I first installed but maybe I was wrong.. Running Vista RTM, when I safely eject a USB device (flash drive or iPod), it still keeps power there. So a flash drive for example the light stays on and for an iPod it stays in the "Do not remove" screen. Looking at the device manager it clearly states that it is ready for removal, but is there a way to change it so it...
February 15th 07 08:36 PM
by mcloud Go to last post
3 243
Asus wireless LAN card by James
I have a WL-138G that I would like to use under vista 64 not made the change yet had a look in Asus support and it's only has Winxp drivers, does that mean it a non starter? -- James They think it's all over.... it is now. Take the FUN out of my email address to reply.
February 15th 07 08:34 PM
by Kue2 Go to last post
7 202
ati all-in-wonder 9800 pro tuner driver missing by Hammer_head
Does anybody know if theres anything that can make my tuner work?
February 15th 07 08:19 PM
by Adele Clingman Go to last post
9 251
Vista and Soundblaster Audigy 2 Value: drivers and software ??? by Jaser
HI everyone, I just have a question about my soundcard. The only drivers I can find are for 2 speaker stereo. I's kinda frustrating. Is there going to be full drivers and software for for all 5.1 speakers? or should I invest in another soundcard, which I do not want to do as it's less than a year old.
February 15th 07 08:11 PM
by Rock Go to last post
2 234
I really need help finding Modem Drivers by JdeeHere
I Desperately need to find Intel 536ep and Smartlink Modems drivers for Vista. If anyone out there knows where I might find them I will be eternally grateful. Thank You
February 15th 07 07:50 PM
by BobC Go to last post
2 170
Connecting A Projector by Jon
Hi, If anyone can help me, that'll be great. I am trying to connector a projector directly to my notebook so I can do a presentation. It is not detecting it. I've open the Network Projector Wizard and I have no luck detecting it. Can someone assist me to get this projector on with Windows Vista Business. Thanks in advance. Jon
February 15th 07 06:54 PM
by Jon Go to last post
2 156
Soundblaster no Input under Vista by [email protected]
Hey all, I installed Vista and manged to the correct drivers from my SoundBlaster XFI pro. The only problem is all the inputs to the card show up as not available in programs and gray in setup/sound or to whatever program whats to use them. I've tried both the microphone inputs and the LINE IN. When I try to do the setup the computer "does not hear me" (cute) . Any ideas?
February 15th 07 06:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The