WLAN not working on my HP notebook. by Sarah Baumgaertner
Trying to free up disk space I must have uninstalled or deleted an important part of my WLAN. Have had no wireless since. Restored computer to factory. That did not help. Uninstalled and re installed HP wireless assistant. That did not work. Tried to install a wireless adaptor. The CD will not run. I am contacting you from another computer in the house , but my computer is important to me...
October 13th 09 03:54 PM
by lemur Go to last post
1 176
speakers by sarahsmommy104
i am looking for usb or wireless speakers to use with my dell laptop. i checked out the Boynq Vase Speakers, but i am not sure if they will work with vista, i could not located any tech specs that said it would work with vista. does any one have any reccomendations?
March 3rd 08 01:18 AM
by Bob Knowlden Go to last post
1 150
DVD/CD Rom Missing Vista Bios says OP is XP by sarat
I have Vista Premium 32 on a Gateway Notebook purchased new last year with Vista 32 already installed. My DVD CD Rom/Burner has vanished. I am so tired of this. I've been searching for an answer and have tried many of the fixes proposed in this discussion group. When the Rom does pop up it is listed in Computer & Device Manager, when it disappears I can't find it anywhere. What seems to...
June 6th 08 01:54 PM
by sarat Go to last post
3 227
No Disk in Drive Burner Not Found by sarat
I have a Gateway notebook ML6703 a little over a year old. Vista 32 bit. When I put a cd for software or a DVD into the drive nothing happens. I can hear it loading but then the pointer doesn't display the little disk that it should. Windows Media Center tells me there's no disk in the drive. When I try to burn photos from gallery to disk it tells me "You don't have a disk drive capable...
May 5th 08 03:19 PM
by sarat Go to last post
3 303
Microsoft Anna help by SargentMugen
Around July-August I got Microsoft Anna thinking it would be nice to type in stuff like Speakonia and use it for fun but I then discovered a horrid outcome. Everytime I copy something or something comes up, it reads the whole darn page! I've tried to disable it several times but it is no use. *GOD, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! SHE'S DRIVING ME INSANE! *Oh, and I use Vista Home Premium 32bit in case...
January 2nd 09 02:24 PM
by SargentMugen Go to last post
6 202
Vista Ultimate and XBOX MCE by SAS
Hi All, just finished udating to vista ultimate and have an issue with the XBOX 360, the XBOX is connected via RJ45 to a 100MB network to the desktop. When I try to setup MCE it gets to step Setting Media Locations (6325) and ticks that it then moves to Connecting to Extender but fails to go any further, on the XBOX it has "Contacting". I have tried it both with and without a firewall...
January 28th 07 12:01 PM
by Carl G Go to last post
1 127
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle and Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:08 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
1 215
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle + Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:01 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 213
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle + Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:01 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 216
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle and Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:05 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 188
Bluetooth v1.2 Dongle and Plantronics Voyager 510 by Sascha
ok, once more a bluetooth problem with vista build 5728. when i plug in the bt usb dongle, it is found and installed properly. in the device mangager i can see a plantronics usb bluetooth device, but marked with an asterisk. the details say it is a generic usb driver, but the device would not work. then after a little googling i found out that i should try using the (patched) widcomm bt stack....
September 28th 06 09:05 PM
by Sascha Go to last post
0 229
Asus A7N8X and 3GB by Sascha Kolberg
hello everyone, I've just upgraded my WindowsXP to Vista. For the installation I had to remove one of my three memory sticks allready, because the Vista CD wouldn't boot with all three installed the sophisticated green activity indicator would just stop at some point. Now, after the upgrade the same applies to the installed Vista System. It doesn't boot with 3 GB. No error message most of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 20th 09 04:17 PM
by jmrajaz Go to last post
15 408
USB Mouse & KYBD non-functional after recent update by saseve
I have read other posts on this subject, but cannot try to apply the suggested solutions. I have neither a mouse nor a keyboard working. When I try to get into Safe Mode, the desktop comes up, but I cannot interact wthout a mouse/keyboard. I booted to the Vista DVD, and restored to earlier times - twice - and the problem persists. The mouse and keyboard work when I boot from the Vista...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 23rd 08 06:37 PM
by Charly Blot Go to last post
Having trouble loading music videos into mp3 using Windows media player with windows vista home version
February 14th 08 10:50 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
2 180
How to revert a USB 1.1 port to USB 2.0 port. by satadru
Dear All, I need your help. Following are the facts of the case in seriatim, to facilitate in easier understanding of the situation: 1. You see I have Vista OS installed on my PC. 2. My PC has 4 USB ports on the rear-side, which I know for sure are USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Ports. Before facing this issue, I could connect any Hi-Speed USB device to any of these ports and have data transferred at high...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 13th 08 07:53 AM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
12 423
ZTE MODEM INSTALLTION PROBLEM by satish
i have an acer aspire 4710z laptop with vista loaded on to it i am trying to install a ZTE mg880 usb modem on to it. when i insert the zte installation cd and run the setup., before the setup is completed., i get a message box saying "installer.exe has stopped working" what do i do? how do i go abt installing zte?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 3rd 09 10:35 AM
by Luwi Go to last post
10 350
on start up mouse's pointer appears but does not move on clicking by satya
I am using vista home premium on intel E 4500 2.2 ghz core 2 duo . sometimes on start- up my mouse(PS/2) does not work though mouse 's pointer appears on the screen . However , on shutting down with the help of keyboard and after reloading ,mouse starts working normally .
April 6th 08 10:24 PM
by davidjchuang[_150_] Go to last post
4 201
Laptop noise by Saulo
Since I intalled Windows Vista Business 64-Bits in my Acer Aspire 5630-6091 I can hear a strange noise (I think from processor). The laptop config is an Intel Core-2-Duo with 1Gb RAM. With Windows XP I didn't have this problem. This is my second laptop with this problem and with the same behavior: only in normal use of Windows. The most stange is when I start Windows Vista in secure mode: the...
April 13th 08 08:03 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 145
Mutiple Speaker Output not working on Vista by Saunjay
Hi, I have a Gateway computer with 4 analog output directly connected to the motherboard: Output 1 = Front LR speakers Output 2 = Side LR speakers Output 3 = Surround LR speakers Output 4 = Center All my speakers were working fine on Windows XP. After I installed Windows
June 2nd 07 08:52 PM
by Cal Bear '66 Go to last post
1 112
Wake up problem after S3 sleep by Saunte
Hi, Vista Ultimate 32bit, Athlon X2 64, Asus P2-M2A690G System with integrated ATI, 1 GB Ram PC4200. Unable to work up correctly after sleep, unless bios is set to S1 Only. When using S3 or Auto, the system will turn on power to USB and I see the CD-ROM being accessed, but the HD Led never lits and the screen never gets video. I have a SATA drive installed. According to Windows Update I'm...
October 17th 07 03:54 PM
by Saunte Go to last post

From The