  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Unknown Devices in Device Manager by guido
After upgrade to Vista ultimate,on my pc Ibm A52,i have: Unknown Devices in Device Manager: ACPI\NSC1200 *NSC1200 Any help on what these are?
February 21st 07 04:05 PM
by guido Go to last post
4 311
Unknown Network Device in Vista Business by Daniel
Situation: Running Vista Business on 3.0GHz P-4 system using an MSI MS-7211 mobo with onboard Realtek RTL8139 10/100 interface, Realtek RTL8029 PCI 10-Base NIC (to connect with an older 10Base-2 LAN) -- both correctly recognized by Device Manager, both with drivers and both working perfectly. Only other expansion card is an ATi Radeon 9550 AGP video card, also working correctly. All other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 28th 08 08:33 PM
by Daniel Go to last post
15 486
Unknown PCI Device by usasma
I get a message offering to install a PCI device when I reboot or refresh Device Manager in Vista - yet no devices are shown to be Unknown. The Unknown Devices program doesn't seem to work in my copy of Vista - all I get is an empty screen although it says that it's detected 23 devices in the status bar. I've tried to locate the HKLM\Enum\pci key in the registry without success (as...
June 11th 07 11:07 PM
by freddy Go to last post
1 159
Unknown Problem with CD/DVD RW rom drive. by Drew
Okay, I got a new computer about 5 moths ago, and it has Windows Vista on it. Tonight, I tried to install an older DOS game on the computer with the authentic copyrighted disc, not a copy. The computer froze, so I did a forced-restart. Now, programs stop responding if ANY disc - blank or otherwise - is in the drive. I've searched for viruses multiple times and have uninstalled and...
September 24th 07 01:16 AM
by Drew Go to last post
0 107
Unknown symbol in Dev Manager by prdfy
I have been trying to find a reference for this symbol in Device Managewr, but I can't figure out what it is. The symbol is a "Circle with a Grey down arrow inside it". Anyone know what that means? I'm using RC2
December 24th 06 03:09 PM
by Peter M Go to last post
1 240
Unknown USB Device by aeroit
I have had problems with Home Premium edition not recognising some of my USB devices, USB memory sticks and my Sandisk Sansa e260 in particular (which is set to act as a mass storage device). I get the USB Device Unkown error Having contacted Sandisk they informed me that I am missing the following files usbstore.inf usbstore.sys
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 2nd 09 08:51 AM
by Luba Go to last post
10 343
unknown USB device Update driver (Vista Home Prem) by Fundamentally yours
I have a Finepix DBC UD1 USB xdpicturecard reader. I get a message similar to the title when I plug it into my Vista machine The contents are pics taken on a fairly simple camera. My old xp machine reads the card perfectly. If I had a dvd burner on it I could get round the problem. and use the dvd to transport the pics to my Vista machine I cannot locate a source for the driver. The Finepix...
July 28th 08 02:21 PM
by Paul Montgomery Go to last post
1 175
Unkown deviced bugging computer?!?! Need driver?!?! HELP! by This is so annoying.....
I run Vista Ultimate 32bit. My computer keeps nagging me that I have devices for which I don't have drivers. I ran a system health check and it says I have 2 plug and play devices that don't have drivers. The problem is, both of them are called, "#UNKOWN#". I can't get drivers for a device that I don't know what it is. How do I get the drivers? No help on Windows Update. HELP!!!
April 28th 07 11:35 PM
by Mike Byrns Go to last post
9 198
Unmounting a USB external drive issues by civ2ru
Hey there! First off, I run Vista Home Premium. I'm having problems unmounting a USB external hard drive - when I try to use "Safely Remove Hardware" (whether through system tray icon or through "Computer"), the system ALWAYS tells me it's still in use, even though I've shut down all programs using it and I'm not writing to it at the time. When I go to "Device Properties" - "Policies", the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 19th 07 11:07 PM
by Spirit Go to last post
10 187
Unplug laptop and I get BSOD. by Super_Geek
I have a Dell 6400/E1505 laptop with 1.86GHZ core duo processor and when I unplug the power cord it BSOD's and turns off. I can then turn it on on battery, and it runs fine on battery, plug it in and its fine, unplug it again and I get the same BSOD! I've figured out that if I turn off 'Intel Speedstep' in the system BIOS it works but I don't really want to leave it like this because battery...
September 4th 06 06:36 PM
by Super_Geek Go to last post
6 540
Unreadable disc made on Vista by oxbrknanglxo
I've been having trouble with my Vista drive lately. A couple of discs I made on vista does not read anymore and it just shows up on the main screen as a blank disc. It used to play but no more. Is there anyways to resolve this issue? --
January 4th 08 04:12 AM
by oxbrknanglxo[_2_] Go to last post
2 99
Unreadable DVD written in Vista by Anthony
Dear All, I upgraded my computer from WinXP to Vista Ultimate x86, backed up all of my files in Vista, deleted everything and then installed Vista Ultimate x64. I did this because I was getting many errors after the upgrade, such as "if you delete this folder (or file) it will no longer be shared" whenever I would delete any folder or file. It would then take at least 15 seconds to delete...
November 10th 06 11:19 PM
by Anthony Go to last post
0 147
unrecognized path command prompt, and cant mspformat memory stick by drew00629
i really dont know what else to try. I simply want to format a memory stick using mspformat, but when i create the batch file the prompt pops up and tells me to hit y/n. i hit yes, the window immediately closes.. ok, lets try command prompt... 'this volume is in use by another application....' ok, how do i determine what vista is running on my memory stick? next, i try to use the command...
August 28th 07 02:48 AM
by drew00629 Go to last post
1 129
Unreliable Wireless Keyboard connectivity by Sleepless
Due to intermittent connectivity failure, i would like to uninstall the driver and reinstall it under: Device Manager, Keyboard propertices, Driver tab. In the prior Windows operating systems, this may fix the problem. However with Vista, would i be removing the driver from the O/S or will it still be available in the HCL for reinstallation?
February 22nd 07 10:42 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 205
Unresponsive USB connections (inc. keyboard): Unable to loin by madskillzuk
This problem puzzles has been puzzling me for days... please someone help me... I running a decent/normal spec PC with Vista Ultimate 32bit I went to start up my computer the other morning, and it booted as normal up to the user login window. I started to type my password, and realised that it wasn't typing anything, i thought it a bit stranged but assume the batteries in my wireless...
March 27th 08 01:27 AM
by JW Go to last post
1 198
Unseen PSP by PuzzledScrambledPurplexed
Anyone find a solution for an unseen PSP? In Vista (Home Prem) when I plug the PSP into the USB port, it is unrecognized at all. Have tried different ports and cables and 2 PCs running XP, only conclusion is that Vista doesn't see it. Contacted Sony who threw the ball into Microsoft's court, would need a driver from Microsoft, which would make sense if only the OS even saw it in the first...
June 8th 07 08:49 AM
by Nick Mason Go to last post
4 108
Unsigned / Old Device Drivers in Vista by Mark
I need to get a new laptop, but have never liked some of Windows XP's "features" - mainly that it often thinks it knows what I want better than I do! I'd like to find out about some things in Vista before going with that though, in case it's even worse than XP (which it may be if some of what I've heard is true). I currently use Windows 2000, as
March 17th 07 09:45 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
3 99
Unsigned Kernel Mode print drivers. by jereviscious
Hello all. I believe there is a user or group policy to allow Unsigned Kernel Mode print drives, Can someone tell me where this policy is located? Thanks
July 23rd 07 01:15 PM
by jereviscious Go to last post
5 108
Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D) by JSKY
Hi, I`m new here. I have 2 external HDD, one 1TB is always connected to PC and another 250GB pocket one is only for additional back up of back up. Both of them were formatted in order to be able to do Back Up PC. I was successful only 2 times with back up and now it doesn`t work. I get this error I/O device error (0x8007045D). I tried advice as quoted here below, but unfortunately it didn`t work...
April 9th 09 03:32 AM
by sparkleban Go to last post
2 200
Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D) by Clarker
I just bought a new computer with Windows Vista Home Premium. I cannot create a backup of recovery files on a DVD-R disc. Everything starts off fine, then at the end this error comes up: The backup did not complete successfully. An error occured. The following information might help you reslove the error. The request could not be performed because of an i/o device error...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 16th 10 05:54 AM
by swap4naidu Go to last post

From The