Multiple scanners by Bob Barnhill
I have both an Epson desktop scanner (Perfection 1640) and a Nikon film scanner (Coolscan IV). Both are connected via USB. Only one can be recognized (under Imaging Devices in Device Manager) at a time. I have to turn off one scanning device before the other can be recognized and used. This is a minor annoyance that was also encountered with Windows XP, but I had hoped that it would be...
February 14th 07 03:52 PM
by Bob Barnhill Go to last post
0 176
Lightscribe by Gene
For those who may have not seen it in the general group. You can install your lightscribe drivers on Vista. Download them from the Lightscribe website, right click on the set-up program, and choose "Properties." When the properties box comes up, go to the "Compatibility tab" click the box and run under winXP SP2. Then save and close. Next, all you have to do is right click, "Run as...
February 14th 07 02:04 PM
by Dixie Go to last post
4 218
Palm Desktop will not open by richguibilo
Just got my new Dell with Vista and everything works fine but Outlook 2000 and the Palm Desktop. I'll deal with the Outlook problem but I really need the Palm Desktop to open. My wife and I each have one and use them every day. I never had a problem with XP Home on anything. I installed the Palm software that came with the handhelds and then visited the website for any updates. HotSync seems...
February 14th 07 01:59 PM
by richguibilo Go to last post
0 211
Graphics Problem by Mikey
I had to uninstall the drivers for my Nvidia FX5600XT as they kept making the computer lock up so i restarted at Windows vista has installed the graphics card as a Standard VGA graphics adapter" ive tried installing the new Nvidia drivers but it says it cant find a supported graphics card, so what do i do now to get the microsoft WDDM drivers installed
February 14th 07 01:40 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
7 222
Upgrading Hardware by LYGER
I installed Vista with the ATI 9100 onboard graphics which installed fine but with no Aero as expected but i installed an ATI 9800 pro and new Drivers and am still stuck with the Vista Basic theme. How do i upgrade the theme to display Aero?? Vista would not install with the ATI 9800 pro it forced the 'OUT OF RANGE' error I hope i can sort this as £300 for windows was a gamble as i could...
February 14th 07 01:01 PM
by LYGER Go to last post
4 181
Auto activation afterhovering by Jim H
When my mousepointer hovers over a button for over 1-2 seconds, it automatically activates that button. This is not only frustrating, but dangerous ("Delete" buttonfor ex.). How do I turn this option off????? I've looked at everything in Control Panel. Thanks for any helpI can get. Jim H.
February 14th 07 12:23 PM
by Jim H Go to last post
0 202
windows vista by junebug3131
Its saying somthing about this Windows Vista does not support MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device what to do Thats the only thing wrong but some programs wont run correctly help
February 14th 07 11:03 AM
by junebug3131 Go to last post
0 186
voicemodem for vista64? by F r e e
reposting as 1st post was lost in cyberspace... i don't care if its external or internal, if it just exists! USrobotics messagemodem has 64 bit drivers, but it looks as if you need their 'controller software' to actually listen to the answering function messages and its not compatible with vista 64! so i'm pretty lost, even after searching countless websites!
February 14th 07 10:49 AM
by F r e e Go to last post
2 226
voicemodems for Vista64 ? by F r e e
i don't care if its external or internal, if it just exists! USrobotics messagemodem has 64 bit drivers, but it looks as if you need their 'controller software' to actually listen to the answering function messages and its not compatible with vista 64! so i'm pretty lost, even after searching countless websites! Anybody knows about a serial/usb/pci voice modem or similar?
February 14th 07 10:48 AM
by F r e e Go to last post
1 149
s3 unichrome driver missing from vista rtm by jani
I was using RC1 till december with very success. All of my hardware had compatilbe driver, a few of them via Automatic Update. Yesterday I bought Vista Homa Basic and now I'm very disappointed because my s3 unichrome igp'driver is missing(?). In RC1 it was downloaded via automatic update but now nothing. S3/Via doesn't support this chipset (PN800). I don't understand. I paid a lot of money...
February 14th 07 10:06 AM
by jani Go to last post
2 196
Vista and 4 gig of ram by Super1
I have 4 gigs of ram. Vista Enterprise only sees 2813. When I remove 1 stick (any stick of 1 gig) it still sees 2813. When I remove another stick (any stick) it sees 2046 like it should. Is there some special boot option that has to be enabled to get more than 2813 of ram? Yea Vista.
February 14th 07 07:18 AM
by Sean Cai [MSFT] Go to last post
4 182
Audio Problems after Home Premium to Ultimate Upgrade by DForrester
Last night, I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Vista Ultimate using Windows Anytime Upgrade. Before doing so, my sound was working fine. Now I've got a little "x" over the audio symbol on the task bar, and it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed." Does anyone know how I can fix this?
February 14th 07 07:05 AM
by Rock Go to last post
3 347
Ulitmate Extra - DreamScene = Problem w\ DUAL screen by Al Biheiri
So I finally installed DreamScene but now I have a major issue..... IT DOESNT SUPPORT DUAL MONITORS!!!!! MS are you serious?! (see attach) anything I can do? or do I have to take down a screen off topic: also, isnt dreamscene an app? or just go to win desktop background......
February 14th 07 05:56 AM
by Al Biheiri Go to last post
7 217
graphics problem by Juan Carlos
i've pcchips motherboard and chip intel 82845 graphic card, but this dont work, m looking for driver but this not exist yet? what can i do? i've windows vista ultimate. ty
February 14th 07 05:33 AM
by Juan Carlos Go to last post
0 177
New Windows Vista website by [email protected]
Have you guys seen this website? The URL is http://www.windows-vista-update.com It's the most comprehensive Windows Vista website. Windows Vista Update at Windows-Vista-Update.com is the premier Microsoft windows Vista information portal. On this site, you can find news, information, tips, new features and updates
February 14th 07 05:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 198
Slow Response from ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 with Dual Core Opteron by Nut Cracker
All, Here is my hardware config: ASRock 939Dual-Sata2 mobo, bios 2.30 AMD Opteron 175, dual core 2.2Ghz w/1M per core 2GB of DDR400 (4x512), dual channel XFX GeForce 7900GTX, 512M PCIe x16 Antec 430W PCIe PowerSupply Gigabyte Triton Series Case
February 14th 07 03:58 AM
by NuTCrAcKeR Go to last post
2 272
TV-out on fujitsu-siemens Scaleo E not working by Rasmus Hansen
I have a problem when connecting my television to my Scaleo E mediacenter computer. When i installed vista all was fine, until drivers was installed for my Geforce graphics card. When the driver was installed the picture disappeared from my TV and my computer stopped responding. After a while it rebooted, but still no picture on the television. I then attached a LCD screen and rebooted and i...
February 14th 07 02:32 AM
by JW Go to last post
3 195
Windows Update - Vista RC2 Problem (Code 800F020B) by Robert Aldwinckle
(added cross-post to Vista Hardware) "CreeperKamikaze" wrote in message ... Hi! I'm having trouble installing an update in Windows Vista RC2 (build 5744) called "Microsoft Corporation driver update for Microsoft USB Sync" I ended up getting this error: Microsoft Corporation driver...
February 14th 07 01:53 AM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post
0 297
Required:Driver for Samsung SCX-4100 by
I have fixed most drivers for Vista, except for Samsung SCX 4100 multifunction laser printer. I have tried the 32bit and 64bit drivers for Winxp, but they both didn't work. Can anyone help me with it?Thanks.
February 14th 07 01:48 AM
by milan Go to last post
3 524
MCE 05 to Vista and back to MCE 05 by Hunter
The question I have is that along with my laptop purchase in November, it came with upgrade coupon to vista- not sure which flavor off hand, but it doesnt matter for this question. I goto Hp site and it ask for the coa for the MCE 05 to be able to get the vista, ok here is where I am needing information, If I upgrade and do not like vista, will I still be able to go back to MCE 05 with the...
February 14th 07 01:23 AM
by Rock Go to last post

From The