Games by Mark Maylon
Not sure this is the palce for this but has anyone had any luck gamming in vista. I found that most of my games would not work til i manually opened the correct ports in the vista firewall.Until i did that i kept getting video card errors (which were totally wrong).this may help some of you and doing it will only increase your chances of playing.F.Y.I. just looking out for all the other...
February 14th 07 01:19 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 377
Nvidia 5600 by Ghosty
First of all Sorry for my english ^^ If any of you have the time to help me it woud be great because here is the problem i have a Nvidia Gforce 5600 256mb (agp) and it just won't work proper under windows vista ultimate 32bit version. I tried alot of drivers even unofcial once(*23 versions of drivers*) and stil no luck to instal the card succecfull
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 07 12:40 AM
by Tony Go to last post
13 363
Soundmax AD1980 driver installation... by joseph2625
I am using windows vista x64 Enterprise on my ASUS K8V(AD1980 on-board sound card) motherboard. When I installed the OS, it automatically installed AC97VIA sound driver. I can hear the sound through regular pc speaker.. but... The problem is that the S/PDIF doesn't work at all(no sound.. selecting the enable S/PDIF menu doesn't work). I have tried to install Vista 64 bit driver, but all the...
February 13th 07 11:49 PM
by joseph2625 Go to last post
2 281
VX-6000 LifeCam Microphone issues with v 1.3 software by Toby Reid
Hi there, I bought a life cam yesterday and like others, found it didn't work straight from the box. I managed to install the v1.3 drivers from the site and the webcam now works, but I have a major problem. The sound quality of the inbuilt mic is **** poor, there is a constant background hiss and there seems to be a problem with microphone attenuation which I cant seem to change in the...
February 13th 07 11:14 PM
by GBK Go to last post
1 194
Laptop White screen on inital boot. by Mary Mc
See Below for initial issue. Please read it first, below the second paragraph. I went to Dell for Driver thathopefully would fix the initial problem and end up with this. The problem is this.. When the machine boots all seems well until I try to open anything then, white screen with little color, the only thing that works, oddly is to plug in an external monitor hit FN F8 to display on two...
February 13th 07 10:30 PM
by Mary Mc Go to last post
2 253
video memory by hbutler_in_ok
Can I assign system ram to enhance Video ram?
February 13th 07 10:26 PM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 279
Motherboard Selection Help! by mikeynavy1
Please provide any advice you have. I currently have an Asus P5AD2-E Premium motherboard with Pentium 4 670 processor and 64-bit Windows Vista. When I upgraded my memory to 4GB (motherboard max) it only shows 3.2GB due to memory mapping. I've tried everything to get it to show the full 4096 MB but no luck, even with 64-bit Windows. Therefore, I want to get a new, relatively inexpensive...
February 13th 07 09:53 PM
by mikeynavy1 Go to last post
0 224
vista update by clairetub
i just upgraded to vista from xp on a hp a230n pc now it wont download any updates when i go to the update windows it just says windows could not search for updates . and when i try to down load the drivers for the audio device it says the same thing i know my connection works i can get on any web page thank you
February 13th 07 08:43 PM
by Ron Miller Go to last post
4 260
DUAL-Monitor-System with ATI&NVIDIA by Frank Lauter
Hello! I have 2 VGA-cards in my PC. 1x ATI RADEON X850 - 2 Monitore 1x NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro With XP there was no problem... After the Vista installation a new driver vor the NVIDIA-Card was loaded.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 13th 07 08:32 PM
by Nut Cracker Go to last post
12 348
Windows Mobile Device Center Corrupts WM 2003SE by Databoy2k
Hey All: I think this might be a unique issue, but here goes. I have an iPAQ with Windows Mobile 2003SE. Since I installed Vista and Windows Mobile Device Center (final), an issue arose wherein adding new tasks and setting a due date automatically set a start date on the PDA. There is no way to unlink the two - it automatically sets the due and start dates to the same date. I do not use start...
February 13th 07 07:14 PM
by Databoy2k Go to last post
0 180
1 click dvd pro by cownie
when i load this in vista it says no dvd device is recognized. I have unloaded and reloaded device drivers but not matter what i do nothing works. Dvd works but not in this. Help
February 13th 07 07:14 PM
by cownie Go to last post
0 175
How do I wake up my black screen? by chndny
I have the ATI Radeon X1950 graph card in my computer. In Vista ,when I turn on the monitor later then computer, or after turn off my monitor(LCD TV)for a while, I get black screen usually. The only choice is restart the computer. How can I wake it up?
February 13th 07 06:37 PM
by ks Go to last post
6 217
NVidia 7600 Card and 1440 x 900 resolution using DVI by Jo
Using the latest nvidia drivers for vista, there is still no 1440 x 900 resolution on my monitor unless I go to the VGA hookup. This has been a problem for months and NVidia seems not to want to solve it. Has anyone achieved the correct resolution using a DVI hookup and a 1440 X 900 widescreen panel. Mine is a Gateway FPD1975W monitor.
February 13th 07 05:51 PM
by Jo Go to last post
4 198
HP Photosmart C3100 series printer knocks off the internet connect by Abid Chugthai
I bought a brand new HP pc and HP photosmart C3100 series printer one week ago and I am using the USB port on the from for a linsys wireless-G connection. The problem is that when I turn the printer on, it knocks off the internet connection. It seems that Vista does not like the USB port connections. Please help.
February 13th 07 05:49 PM
by Hugh Wyn Griffith Go to last post
1 177
Display driver problem by Mikey
Hi Guys im using a Nvidia FX5600XT using the Microsoft Corp WDDM driver and every now and then the screen goes blank and comes back on and says "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding but recovered" there isnt any other driver i can use so how do i stop this without buying a new card
February 13th 07 04:54 PM
by Mikey Go to last post
0 143
new update for razor mouse by Mark Maylon
i got a vista update for usb razor copperhead mouse today heads up .
February 13th 07 04:36 PM
by Mark Maylon Go to last post
0 149
DVD WRITING AND READING by KASHEF
HI I HAVE (SAMSUNG WRITE MASTER DVD WRITER), IT CANNOT READ ANY DVD OR CD IN VISTA. MY ALL DVD,S AND CD,S WORKING FINE IN XP BUT WHEN I INSERT IN WINDOWS VISTA, IT CANNOT READ ALL OF MY CD AND DVD,S. SO WHAT CAN I DO TO SOLVE THIS?
February 13th 07 01:40 PM
by Kevin Potts Go to last post
1 162
Vista’s blue screen error at shutdown. by Anthony
After installing vista home premium ver. I get a blue screen error at shut down. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. And this message. ***STOP 0X0000000A (0X000000B0,0X00000002,0X00000000,0X81C11BAF) I contacted the guys at microsoft and they don’t know why it is doing this. Please help, I have tried everything short of calling the geek squad. Thanks.
February 13th 07 01:10 PM
by pvdg42 Go to last post
1 167
new update by Mark Maylon
just FYI there are new updates on microsoft update
February 13th 07 01:00 PM
by Harry Go to last post
1 184
dvd drive does not work in vista, code 39, drivers missing by melpotter
i have installed vista business and have found that i do not have a cdrom/dvd/burner drive. it says that i have corrupt drivers, yet i cannot install new ones from dell.
February 13th 07 12:08 PM
by Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User Go to last post

From The