  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Updated list of compatibility Vista X64? by Munchmouth
Anyone have a link to an UP TO DATE compatibility list for Vista X64? I had an issue with a plantronic headset and had to restore VistaX64. This is my first time running Vista and I would like to have a list of known problem hardware or software. Thanks, Munch -- Munchmouth
February 9th 09 05:00 AM
by Brink Go to last post
3 157
Updateing bios by Carl G
Hi Guys My soninlaw has a ECS NF650iSLIT motherboard. He want me to help him update the bios, he keeps getting a message on windows 7 that he should update it . He does have a couple problems there . Blue screen every so often. But does any one out there know if that board has a jumper that we would have to change to flash the bios ? In reading about this in the manual it says IF the board has...
September 27th 09 12:06 AM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 268
updates by swiftflo
New updates available for ATI Graphics Cards today.
October 13th 07 08:39 PM
by Jonathan Yaniv- Windows Live Butterfly Expert Go to last post
4 127
updates -- cd/dvd drives by jayoftheredwoods
When i first installed Vista, my cd and dvd drives worked just fine, but once windows updated ( not sure which updates are creating the problem) but they stopped working, so i tried to do a restore point, which it doesnt seem to let me go back any farther than 1 day. If i go to my device manager, they do appear as being present, however when i click on update driver, it continues telling...
November 4th 07 10:37 PM
by timmy39 Go to last post
2 109
updates for video card saying it dont see vista by Anjelbratt
I just got a Nvidia Geforce 7600 gsn oc found the updates for vista and tried to load them and it is telling me I need vista to run them updates. any help here
February 20th 07 10:47 PM
by ctbell Go to last post
1 221
Updating BIOS by Douglas05602
Can anyone tell me how to flash your BIOS with VISTA? Thanks, Doug
April 6th 07 04:48 AM
by Rock Go to last post
8 150
updating drivers by v.s
i have the option of updating my driver, I don't know if that will solve my problem of my "out of date" driver, even though it says it's working fine. but anyways, on the Hardware Update Wizard, I try to update but it can't complete, it says i need a cd or a floppy disk, does anyone know which one that is?
July 18th 07 05:23 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
4 115
updating error 80070103 by bobnoj
I keep getting "Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Internet(R) 945 Express chipset family" in my windows update, and it keeps giving me error code 80070103, which states that I already have a better version of this driver... but I use Windows Vista Home Premium, which does NOT allow me to say "no, i do not want this update, dont show it again" how do I make this update go away?...
March 10th 08 05:42 PM
by XenPuOSN Go to last post
2 152
Updating Graphics Card Problems (I'd Like to Uninstall the Update) by Steven
I went to the sight to update my Intel graphics card for my Windows Vista, and instead of helping, it ruined a couple of things. I can't flip through album artwork on iTunes, some of my screen savers won't work because "The screen saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D.", also when I close my laptop, it usually automatically logs me...
January 13th 08 09:03 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 128
Updating hardware drivers through Windows Update by Gordon
The received wisdom in the XP world, was "do not use Windows Update to update hardware drivers". Has that changed at all in Vista? (I'm being offered optional updates to my wireless card in Windows Update...) Thanks
March 20th 08 01:12 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
5 162
updating HID-compliant mouse by michael
I was advised by Kensington that they don't have Vista dirvers for my 5 button mouse, as Microsoft had already planned ahead and incorporated them into the Vista O/S. Problem is, I can't get Vista to recognize my mouse so I can change the HID-compliant mouse entry in my device manager to a Kensington Ci60 optical wireless and program the three other buttons I have. Can anyone provide any...
October 24th 07 06:09 PM
by killinchy Go to last post
5 130
Updating network adapter driver problem by Andee39
I recently purchased a USB network adapter b/c my ethernet adapter stopped working. I have discovered there is a later version driver available but when I try to update the driver I get a message stating the latest version driver is already installed. I called tech support for the adapter (Linksys) and they said it is a Windows issue since there device is working otherwise. We tried...
February 27th 09 05:22 PM
by DL Go to last post
3 157
Updating Recommendations HELP! by firu3000
I am by no means a computer genius so bear with me. I recently purchased Vista Ultimate 32 Bit, but after reading many threads I saw that my Adapter Type, or Card, which is the Intel(R) 829 15G/GV/910GL Express Chipset, doesn't support the Aero Glass Theme. So I would like to update this but I'm clueless on where to start or what type of card do I need to run Aero and all the other features. Can...
August 22nd 08 12:48 PM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_3_] Go to last post
7 316
Updating video card drivers HELP by Agent
I just downloaded the latest nvidia drivers....After uninstalling the old ones from Vista....vista automatically installs the default drivers thus the only way for me to update is to install the drivers on top of vista's default drivers. is there a way to disable the auto update/install feature on vista so i can update my video card drivers with the latest? ty
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 7th 08 05:58 AM
by viers Go to last post
13 344
Updating Vista graphics drivers by Max
I have always understood that old graphics drivers must be uninstalled before you install the new ones. But when you do this with Vista, and then reboot, Vista immediately installs its generic drivers, leaving you no choice but to install over the top of them. Is this OK? It is just that I am disappointed with the Vista Performance subscore for this card (GEForce 7600 GS 512 Mb) of 4.6/4.8 -...
April 13th 07 09:45 PM
by Mike Matheny Go to last post
4 142
Upgrade by JohnStrang
Hey, I recently bought a cheap Emachines PC. It's currently running on Vista Home Premium (32 bit) with 1GB of RAM and 32MB Intel 82945G Express integrated graphics. However, when the computer is on but no programs are running Vista seems to be using 570MB of RAM. Am I correct to assume, since the total available graphics memory is 224MB, 192 MB is constantly being used for graphics? I am...
August 25th 07 07:10 PM
by JohnStrang Go to last post
2 155
Upgrade by ahsanalishahid
Dear Friends!! I want some suggestions from you. My PC Specs are following: Intel Core2Duo E6550@ 2.33x2 GHZ 4MB L2 Cache 160GB HDD SATAII Seagate Intel Desktop Board DG33FB 1 GB DDR2 @667Mhz Ram casing with 300 supply
May 1st 08 07:17 AM
by Gaara666 Go to last post
2 115
Upgrade 8GB RAM for 680i SLI Mobo with Vistax64~ by Abiosis
Hi,I'm thinking about upgrade to 8GB RAM for my system (680i SLI Mobo) with VUx64.... 'Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory' (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227289) Can my mobo handle these 8GB ram with 1066? please enlighten,thanks~~~
August 22nd 09 10:10 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
9 245
Upgrade Advisor has no Data on ATI X1650 Pro Graphics Card? by totallygreen
It's the AGP version and it's supposed to be certified for Windows Vista and support Windows Aero. The advisor says under the system tab : "Your current video card will not support the Windows Aeroâ„¢ user experience. Contact your computer manufacturer or retailer to see if an upgrade is available. Click here for a list of video cards that support Windows Aero" The advisor says under the...
February 25th 07 06:14 PM
by Michael Mastro Go to last post
4 307
upgrade c: from pata to sata with vista ultimate 64bit upgrade dis by misskali
my c: is a pata drive - i bought a new sata drive and i want to swap them. i have done a complete computer back up on a different drive but my vista ultimate disc is an upgrade disc (from xp) and so its not working. any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 15th 08 06:59 AM
by Wayne Wastier[_2_] Go to last post

From The