Hardware by melvin2008[_6_]
Hardware historically meant the metal parts and fittings were used to make wooden products stronger, more functional, longer lasting and easier to fabricate or assemble. In modern usage equipment such as keys, locks, hinges, latches, corners, handles, wire, chains, plumbing supplies, tools, utensils, cutlery and machine parts, they are made...
October 7th 08 02:49 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
2 240
TV Tuner card by JBrown
My system is an HP Media Center.It has Vista home premium . Would like to add a TV Tuner PCIe card to it. I am looking mainly for analog and digital. If it has HD that would be OK. I do not want to spend alot of money on it. Less than $100. Any suggestions would be appreciated. --
October 7th 08 03:09 PM
by Gerald Abrahamson Go to last post
3 228
USB Mass Storage device can't work under Vista. by Neptune
I have a low speed USB device controller and a MCU. I write a program on MCU to implement a mass storage device. The windows XP and windows 2000 can recognize my USB mass storage device. But Vista can't. So what's the problem with Vista? I capture the USB packets and events and find that after the "Set Configuration" Vista disconnected my USB device. But under windows XP,after "Set...
October 8th 08 05:36 AM
by Neptune Go to last post
0 179
experiment USB Flashdrive connected to motherboard internal usb in by GT
Ok I did some experimenting today I hack a usb extension wire so i can connect a flashdrive to the internal usb input located on the motherboard basically My motherboard have a usb 1 and usb 2 input to plug in devices like a card reader..etc. Well I hack a usb extension wire so i can connect a flashdrive to the internal usb 2 input located in the motherboard basically I want the usb...
October 8th 08 09:54 AM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
1 195
connecting Laptop to a tv by Eck0
hey there, i just recieved a new tv and i was trying to run my hp laptop, with a 7200 geforce go card (vista home prem 32bit) into the tv, using the S-video port on the left side of my laptop, when i use the windows mobility center, and click the "connect display" button, it doesnt seem to want to detect the tv as a display.. ne recommendations? :D thanks! -- Eck0
October 8th 08 07:46 PM
by Fexter Go to last post
1 152
Can Vista Support 3 TV Tuners? by CrazySaguaro
I currently have two analog Hauppauge PVR-150s (on one PCI card) in my system for analog cable, but I want to purchase a HVR-1600 to control my HD QAM cable box (Cox Cable) to watch/record HD content. Is this possible in Windows Vista Media Center? I have found some sources that say Windows Vista Media Center will only recognize two tuners total. If Media Center only recognizes two...
October 8th 08 08:49 PM
by trouble Go to last post
2 232
Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown by rowanrg
Update your video card. Thats the problem -- rowanrg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rowanrg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rowanrg.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-hardware-devices/1039913.htm http://forums.techarena.in
October 9th 08 12:29 PM
by CajunBadger Go to last post
1 231
Trouble printing some files to a network printer... by suzena70
Has anyone else had this experience? I have some files, (some pdf, some dwg, and there are a couple other programs) that I am unable to print to a network printer. I can print other things to this printer so it isn't the connection. I get no error message, it looks like it should be printing. I had someone else try from another computer (not running Vista) and they can print no problem. Any...
October 9th 08 01:38 PM
by suzena70 Go to last post
0 231
How delete 'Read Only' files from CD-RW's by Imageman[_2_]
Vista 64bit / XP Professional SP3 I don't remember this being a problem in the past, but at the moment I can't change the attributes of, or get rid of 'Read Only' files on my CD-RW's. I haven't succeeded deleting, erasing or formatting with Vista or XP OS, or with Nero. Is there a way, or a utility to do this? Thanks for your help, IM
October 9th 08 04:54 PM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
1 248
Missing space on HD; adding new HD by Pekka Numminen
"My Computer" says that I have two hard drive partitions: System with a total size of 92.6 GB and Data with a total size of 44.3 GB. But the hard drive is of 160 GB. Where is the 23.1 GB? Is there a reason other than that the computer manufacturer left the space empty? Not related: After adding a new hard drive, should Vista automatically recognize a fairly new Western Digital HD after booting?...
October 9th 08 09:58 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
2 232
Dell - flashing amber light before post by damocles[_9_]
My mates Dell precision 690 workstation suffers from the dreaded flashing amber light with diagnostic error code 1 and 3 before post. It won't boot at all - just the flashing amber light starts when you turn it on. According to other websites this seems to indicate a power failure of some description. Has anyone resolved this issue with Dells...next stage is probably an RMA - but my friend...
October 10th 08 07:42 AM
by damocles[_9_] Go to last post
8 398
Web Cam - I have to 'reinstall' this each time I log into my account by Annubis
I have a web cam that is attached via a multi-USB port to the computer. This gives me a little more 'reach' to get the web cam onto our monitor. Each time I log into my account, I am prompted to re-connect the device. I do this each time and the web cam works for the duration of my time on the PC. However, the whole process is required the next time I restart the PC. My question is "Does...
October 10th 08 12:10 PM
by VistaLava Go to last post
1 305
can't find card reader by PaulH7436
I have a Gateway desktop that is about a year old. It came with Vista Home but was modified with Virtual PC to run XP Home. I used the Gateway restore to set the machine back to original settings. Vista runs fine and the all USB ports work. The built- in multi-card reader does not work. It is not listed in Device Manager. I d/l a new driver for the USB & card reader from Gateway. The...
October 10th 08 06:06 PM
by Rutetuti Go to last post
6 260
USB External Hard Drive Not Detected by Trent_australia
Hi, Now I have tried all sorts of things. I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop USB drive, It has been working fine I plug it in when I need it no problem the drive comes up. Now when I plug it in windows vista does not even find it. No new usb device nothing. I have been through everything in vista, device manager, drive manager, everything. So I tried it on my laptop also running vista, not...
October 10th 08 09:27 PM
by Paul Montgomery[_3_] Go to last post
3 268
Usb by nrowe46
Vista home premium and the usb ports on my Compaq laptop no longer see my iPod. Help please. -- nrowe46 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ nrowe46's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=593 View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23986
October 11th 08 01:46 PM
by nrowe46 Go to last post
0 394
problem with blue screen caused by ethernet adapter or other cause by Indrit
Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 2008-10-11 2:58:15.PD Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: GezimDibra-PC Description:
October 11th 08 05:54 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
4 297
USB Keyboard/mouse will not load by wdbailey
I have been using Vista Ultimate with Logitech Cordless Desktop® LX 300 mouse/keyboard combo connected via USB for many months without incident. For no apparent reason they stopped working on boot up. This set comes with a PS2 option for the mouse so I was able to get cursor control to login Guest account and use onscreen keyboard to disable password for admin account. Device manager does not...
October 11th 08 06:34 PM
by wdbailey Go to last post
0 208
Computer crashes with 3gb and 4gb DDR3 Ram, but works with 2gb and by santiago83
Here are my pc stats. Proc. C2Quad 9300, Mobo DX38BT, 4gb RAM dual channel (Kingston set of two 2gb strips, DDR3 1333), NVIDIA GeForce XFX 8800GT 512mb ddr3, HD SG 750gb, PSU Satellite 600w, Windows Vista Ultimate 32 (same problem happened under Win XP, and IĀ“d be willing to move up to Vista Ultimate 64). HereĀ“s the thing. When I turn on my pc with just ONE of the two memory strips (2gb),...
October 11th 08 11:20 PM
by PvdG42 Go to last post
1 235
Vista driver for Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner by daidainius
I have use Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner. Unfortunatelly I can't found any compatabile Vista driver for him. :( Mustek website do not provide Vista drivers at present (I ask them). Had somebody same problem? Please suggest some solution or reply any comments.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 12th 08 12:42 AM
by logical[_2_] Go to last post
11 379
DVD-Rom always formated in 'Burn to Disc' by zainulridlo
My DVD-ROM always display a new CD/DVD in 'Burn to Disc'. Why is it so? -- zainulridlo Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 12th 08 10:42 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The