How to increase system system performance by Tae Song
I thought I would share this with you all, a few little tricks to boost Windows performance. If you have a spare USB flash drive or you are willing to get a cheap say 1GB flash drive. First we plug in the flash drive. Go to Disk Manager and assign it a drive letter, like Z: (this is just to get it out of the way and optional)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 13th 09 05:36 PM
by Patrick Keenan Go to last post
55 1,960
Dell BT 355 Bluetooth travel mouse loses connection after hibernation by DOSrelic
I have an Inspiron 1525 with Vista Ultimate and a Dell bluetooth BT 355 travel mouse with good batteries but when I have put it into hibernation 9 times out of ten it loses connection and sometimes cannot even see the mouse at all anymore when I try to reconnect it! http://en.community.dell.com/emoticons/emotion-9.gif] The only way to resolve this I have determined is to Hardboot it and then it...
June 13th 09 12:38 AM
by DOSrelic Go to last post
0 479
Trouble with WiFi by artheus
Hi! A while ago I bought a ASUS F3Tc and with it I got Vista: Home Premium. So, connecting to a wifi/wlan is no problem at all. But after a while the connection dies, no matter which network I connect to. Even if I sit 2 inches from the wireless router I get disconnectet after a short while.. And that is really bothering me.. because I'm a web-developer, and I have to have a stable connection to...
June 12th 09 11:34 PM
by Erich Oelschlegel[_2_] Go to last post
6 430
TV tuner help Hauppauge WinTV PCI II (26xxx) by Nighthawkcb650
I took the card from my parent 4 year old HP and installed it on my computer. Windows Vista installed the correct drivers and says ready to use. I'm not using it for cable, but I am using it for hooking video game systems like the Wii and X Box. Windows Media Center tries to use it for cable but it doesn't set up correctly because it can't detect anything. Is there a way to use the tuner card for...
June 12th 09 09:26 PM
by Nighthawkcb650 Go to last post
0 328
ATK0110 ACPI driver solved! by asidscript
Right so here is the story! ATK = Asus Tek Hot KEY ATK0110 is a driver for the ACPI utillity on your asus laptop If your using 32 there should be an installer if not follow the 64bit instructions below. For 64bit installations you need to do it the good old collage style way. Device manager and update manually. Before we start any of the "you need to give permission screens" just
June 12th 09 07:51 PM
by asidscript Go to last post
0 317
mouse problem by Guilligan
Hy! I've downloaded a tune-up maintenance program witch i dont remember witch one, and in this program there was a mouse configuration choice, and i inlarge the cursor by 3 witch make it square and i dont have to click on mouse button to change window only point at it, witch i would like to rectifie it because it very buggin and i un-install the software but cant find it anymore. there must...
June 12th 09 12:05 PM
by Guilligan Go to last post
0 311
External Hard Drive with e SATA by gemius
I run Vista Home Premium on a self build computer with an Asus P5B Delux motherboard. It has an e SATA socket and I recently bought a Caddy for an External Drive to use as a back up with Windows Live OneCare. The drive is a 320G Seagate SATA2 ST3320620AS identical to the internal drive in my computer and the Caddy has eSATA and USB2 sockets. Everthing works fine if I connect via USB2 but the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 12th 09 11:12 AM
by Dave76 Go to last post
14 581
Can you help me , please ? by Crodino
Hi. I 've an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 + Vista HP 64 bit. I've seen on INTEL site that this mobo don't have Intel Virtualization Technology infact I've tried by VirtualBox (and other similar SW) to guest Windows 7 with negative result. I'd like to know if with this mobo is impossible or I have to find the right sw ? Thank you Best Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 09 08:20 PM
by Gordon[_9_] Go to last post
16 628
Dell Inspiron 1420 Speakers not working by abby
Hi, i have Dell inspiron 1420 laptop, with windows vista home basic OS. Inspite of trying all the alternatives to troubleshoot the problem, my speakers are still not working. Thogh the headphones are absolutely fine. but only problem is with the main speakers. By going thru Control Panel--Sound--Audio Devices, I cud see tat everything was fine. The Speaker tab opened shhowing the message...
June 11th 09 05:50 PM
by thegauntlet Go to last post
4 309
114 Gb hard drive missing!!! by speeddemon190
Well after a few years I decided to restore my laptop back to the factory settings. So I backed up all my files onto a external hard drive. I put in the recovery disk, and restored it back to the original. Here is the problem, When I bought it new my C drive was 140 GB. Now my C drive is 26GB what happened and where did it all go????? any advice?
June 11th 09 03:17 PM
by speeddemon190 Go to last post
4 276
windows vista 32bit realtek driver will not install by Drsonic
i have sound but no microphone and realtek audo driver 6280 will not install
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 11th 09 02:22 PM
by ladybiker25 Go to last post
14 568
WmdHost.exe TAKING ALL RAM available, locking system, and taking f by Ken Beard
See http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=ken+beard&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices&cat=en_US_9CA88DDB-D18D-FA0E-A366-6E527B0FBA67&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=&dglist=&ptlist=&exp=&sloc=en-us for more details of original issue. I'm still noticing the above problem. I connect my blackjack and then WmdHost.exe sucks up ALL available memory...
June 11th 09 12:43 PM
by RoBac0 Go to last post
3 273
Please help with hard drive problem by Daniel
Hi I have a PC with Vista Ultimate, 2.66 CPU and 3 Gb RAM, the PC has two hard drives C: and D: The C: drive is a Raptor 150Gb 10,000 RPM drive and the D: drive is a Seagate 500 Gb 7,200 RPM. I do not believe I am getting the performance speed I should from the faster C: drive
June 11th 09 06:29 AM
by Daniel Go to last post
6 318
Iomega ZIP drives and Vista by fledermaus
I bought an Iomega Zip 250 drive from Amazon last week (May 18 2008) and hooked it up to my Vista Home Premium system. The drive is USB connected and USB powered. (I did not load any of the Iomage software from the cd that came with it. Best if you do not try to use the Iomega software. It does not support Vista.) Vista recognized the drive, enabled it with an existing Vista driver, and it works...
June 10th 09 10:53 PM
by Richard G. Harper Go to last post
3 324
Missing letters when typing!! by Deppfan7962
I have a brand new Vaio Latop Model # VGN-N250E with an Intellipoint Wireless Mouse 4000. When on the net (only) works fine when not on the internet , I type as I normally would and miss seveeral letters, space bar doesnt work, even when pounding on keys. I have Windows Vista! HELP Can I disable my touch pad, I dont use it very often, but will likely need to enable it so that needs to be...
June 10th 09 05:28 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
8 367
Vista 64 wont allow print to tape by Anthonean
I am using Windows Vista Home Pre 46 bit. I have tried several different cameras and vista will not allow the computer to send data to the camcorder (print to tape) but it allows the camcorder to capture (send information to the computer). I am using a 6 pin to 4 pin fireware. Everything worked fine in Windows XP. -- Anthonean
June 10th 09 01:21 PM
by Battman540 Go to last post
2 271
error code 39 on all device type: "Modems" & "Ports (COM & LPT)" by msadek
I have this error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. on all device in the categories: modems and Ports
June 10th 09 12:02 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
1 310
USB ports stopped working after Windows updates by SCOTTS
After installing 2 updates the USB ports on my docking station stopped working (they still work on the PC). The updates we 1) Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB960353) and 2) Cypress - Other hardware - HX2LP kit (3.03.0000.2). I have tried system restore but it failed - said it didn't restore. (this always happens - any idea why?) The Cypress update does not show up on Programs &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 09 09:09 PM
by Dinosaur[_2_] Go to last post
15 1,010
Keyboard skipping letters by Amanda
Father in law's keyboard was skipping letters. (says when they are typing along, hunt & peck, then look up at the screen, letters are missing.) His is a new e-machine, the keyboard came new with it. Windows Vista Premium. He bought a new keyboard, (more ergonomic, no because of the problem) and says the new keyboard also skips. Are there actually drivers and updates & things for keyboards? What...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 9th 09 05:28 PM
by k0rc Go to last post
15 543
Computer Crash by Mellowed[_2_]
I'm writing this in Safe mode. I built computer in 2/07. Running perfect until now. OS Vista Ultimate SP1 Video card ASUS EN7950GT GeForce 7950 GT 512M MotherBd Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 2GB RAM Cannot boot in full mode. Splash screen had vertical lines. If it gets to the desktop it will reboot. Can get into Safe Mode.
June 9th 09 12:13 AM
by Mellowed[_2_] Go to last post

From The