Repeated Freezing by cfj2222
I installed a clean copy of Vista on an AMD Athlon XP 2100+ system with an NForce 2 chipset, Nvidia GeForce 5200, and 512MB RAM. Vista will work fine, but the pointer, and anything the computer is doing will freeze for about half a second every two seconds. I've never seen a symptom like this before. Any ideas?
October 20th 06 09:05 PM
by cfj2222 Go to last post
0 129
soundmax drivers on intel d865perl board by Vincent
Hi, Vista RC2 downloaded drivers for my soundmax card. They appear to be installed properly (no exclamation points in DM) Problem is I can't get any sound. This has been a problem over every build of vista I have installed. Any suggestions. Does anyone have this working on this particular board or anything similar? The board I use is listed in the subject. Thank you. -Vincent.
October 20th 06 09:45 PM
by Vincent Go to last post
6 135
nic driver tyan thunder k7 s2462 by Jim O
Need driver compatible with vista please direct thanks
October 21st 06 05:49 AM
by Jim O Go to last post
0 137
DVD/CD writer problem by Andy Webb
I have 2 Lacie DVD/CD USB drives attached to my computer. One is about 3 years old and the other is 2 years old, the newer is a DVD DL and CD writer. They both run fine in XP, but in Vista the newer DVD DL drive does not like recorded DVDs. It just continually spins and I finally have to eject the disc. It will read manufactured DVDs and recordable CDs. The older drive runs fine. This makes...
October 21st 06 01:02 PM
by Andy Webb Go to last post
0 144
Modem Drivers Incompatible? HELP!! by pipdev
you can say that again !! :-) I got my Voyager Classic modem working once - after hours of struggling - with Beta 2, but RC1 is not having any. It installs OK (not from the disc, but from drivers downloaded onto hard-drive) but I cannot actually connect. NB BT are NO help at all (surprise, surprise !!!) I get the impression that Vista wants to be connected via Ethernet.
October 21st 06 09:00 PM
by pipdev Go to last post
0 145
Just found something new to me. by Clark
I have SATA hard drives and I just noticed if you go into device manager and look at the properties of the hard drives, under policies, there are a couple of new settings. I have an option for Optimize for performance, which is grayed out, and below that are two options for "Enable write caching" and "Enable advanced performance" along with explanations of what they do. My setup has only...
October 21st 06 10:39 PM
by Clark Go to last post
0 154
Device error, by Jerry P
In device manager/other devices, I have the following error. ACPI\AWY0001 *AWY0001 The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver. What device is it. Thanks Jerry
October 21st 06 10:56 PM
by PaulB Go to last post
1 177
How I got my ethernet to work from a clean install 2 days later by Telen
First off I have no formal training on how to work on or get computers to work. This was trail and error, lots of error's. I have a Actiontec wireless router etc Since I could not get the cable part to work.I hooked up the Westel wireless usb I got from Verizon.Thing was it would not detect my router.I do know enough on how to set up a wireless connection.But in the connection wizzard I...
October 21st 06 11:07 PM
by Telen Go to last post
0 139
No "Bluetooth Devices" in Control Panel by frustrated1980
I also have this problem. Has anyone figured out the answer yet?! "Iwona" wrote: Hi, I plugged in my bluetooth USB adapter and the driver installed without a problem and now appears under Bluetooth Devices in Device Manager as "Kensington Bluetooth EDR Dongle", which is the correct driver.
October 21st 06 11:10 PM
by frustrated1980 Go to last post
0 141
disconnects on USB2 storage devices by Hilmar
when I connect either an external hd or a cruizer mini via usb 2 ports they are recognized OK. I have no problems copying files off the device to the local hd. However, as soon as I copy files from the local hd to the usb device I get disconnects every couple seconds (I assume every file it writes to the device). It often locks up in the copying process and I have to force quit the...
October 22nd 06 12:30 AM
by Hilmar Go to last post
1 146
Xmieta Netdisk - ND Series - Model 10 by paulcr
Is anyone using a Xmieta Netdisk - ND Series - Model 10 with Vista 64-bit? If so, do you know where I can get a driver for it? Tried the manufacturer and they say they are working on one - but am hoping someone has a beta copy of the driver as I need to get connected to my NAS drive! Thanks!
October 22nd 06 01:41 AM
by paulcr Go to last post
0 145
NV7900GS,Vista RC2,No 1440x900 screen resolution by 小虫虫
My monitor is samsung 940BW, and my video card is NV7900GS,the best resolution of 940BW is 1440x900. Windows vista rc2 can recognise my video card,but there is no 1440x900 resolution, even i selected the option 'hide the modes that this monitor can not display'. Is it a vista bug ? or something wrong with the 7900 drivers?
October 22nd 06 07:24 AM
by jesusg Go to last post
5 176
Canon I950 printer by JL
Hi all, my Canon I950 printer doesn't want to work with Vista RC2, nor can I seem to find a later driver. Anyone with any ideas on this? TIA JL
October 22nd 06 10:51 AM
by Globetrotter Go to last post
1 173
Cannot get AMD nVidia RAID 1 on RC2 x32 by PNutts
I've already posted this in the "General" forum by mistake. Sorry for the duplicate post. I have XP and RC2 dual booting on a SATA RAID 0 array with no issues. The problem is that I also have a SATA RAID 1 array that RC2 recognizes as two separate disks instead of an array. XP has no problem recognizing it so I think I've done the first few steps right! :) I've tried a few tricks in this...
October 22nd 06 01:03 PM
by Theo Go to last post
2 143
TV Cards in RC2 by Allen DeKorsey
I was able to get my Hauppage PVR-150 to work, but only after a clean install, the prior install over RC1 gave me fits with MC crashing everytime I went near the TV options. In your case it sounds like a driver problem. "Ray" wrote: I have and ADS Tech HDTV card in my computer that has an analog tuner and hdtv tuner for over the air broadcasts. I using a splitter to modem for high ...
October 22nd 06 01:22 PM
by Corinthia Go to last post
5 132
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum not working in Vista RC1 by nickm
I just recently upgraded to Vista RC1 5600 I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum with the newest Vista drivers that were released on the creative site (2.11). The drivers installed fine and the bootup sounds play when i login to windows, however I cannot play mp3s or video from itunes, winamp, or windows media player. They work on my nvidia onboard sound card though. Is anyone having the...
October 22nd 06 01:25 PM
by Corinthia Go to last post
1 170
Audio issues by let_it_roll
Hey all, I posted this in the "Music, Pictures, and Video" section, but it might be more relavent here. My current audio setup is as follows: -Vista RC2 build 5744 running on a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop. -Onboard audio is a SigmaTel C-Major Audio device with driver version 5.10.4469.0 from SigmaTel. -USB audio is provided by a C-Media device running XEAR 3D, EAX 2.0 and driver version...
October 22nd 06 01:32 PM
by dev Go to last post
3 199
HP SCANJET 4300C (USB) by Howard A. Johnson
Does anyone know how to get the subject scanner to work with Vista? HJ
October 22nd 06 02:39 PM
by RR Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 157
Vista RC1 and ATI Boards by FWhiting
A problem not evident in Beta 2, appeared in RC-1. Recurring "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" and "Memory" faults to blue screen. It turns out that my new ATI 1800 video board was the problem. Reverting to my old ATI 800 has stabilized the system. I sent the 1800 back to ATI. I guess we are still having some difficulties with the ATI control center, although I did not see them after...
October 22nd 06 03:46 PM
by FWhiting Go to last post
0 145
HTC WM5 mobile modem (O2 XDA Neo) driver problem by IceFish
I'm using Vista RC2 now, when I'm trying to install the driver for my HTC WM5 mobile modem (O2 XDA Neo), Vista gave me an error which is saying that "the system cannot find the file specified". But this driver was working properly and very fine in Beta2 and RC1. I tried to download the files specified in the .inf file and copied to system32\drivers fold, still I'm not able to use it. Can...
October 22nd 06 04:43 PM
by IceFish Go to last post

From The