  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
USB 2.0 harddisk by audiolover
My external harddisk, USB 2.0, is slow! In Windows XP it works perfect but in Vista 5600RC1 the data transfer is at the speed of a USB 1 connection. Anybody with the same problem?
October 5th 06 10:22 AM
by Marco Dalli Go to last post
1 158
USB 2.0 Not working since Vista Upgrade by Idnlgeah
Since installing vista (upgrade from XP) I no longer seem to have any USB 2.0 ports. When I insert a 2.0 device I get the "device could preform faster bubble". All my USB ports are USB 2 capable and worked with XP (MSI K9NGM2 motherboard using Nforce 430 chipset). Looking at my USB controllers I have 1) Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (the USB 2.0 controller I assume) 2)...
March 13th 08 08:14 PM
by Dwarf Go to last post
1 139
USB 2.0 pop-up when starting printer by patruns
Whenever I turn on my printer, Vista pops up a message that it can look for a faster connection. I do not have a faster connection. How can I stop this? There is no "do not show me this" box to check off.
September 30th 07 02:47 PM
by patruns Go to last post
5 109
USB 2.0 problem by VictorV
Hello people, I'm experimenting a big problem with my Kingston DataTraveler DT100 with 8GB. When I connect it, it seems to work perfectly. I can read and delete files without problem, but when I try to write any file on it, windows start to copy and then it says "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in G:\. Verify the item's location and try again." When this error occurs,...
May 5th 09 05:24 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 221
USB 2.0 vs Firewire by Zoloft
Hola! Purchased myself a nifty 1 TB Western Digital External to celebrate Black Friday. Has both the USB 2.0 and Firewire options. I've never used Firewire, so I was just wondering what everyone (or, anyone who reads this)'s opinion on which is the better option, Vista Home Premium x64. Thanks for reading, and for your input!
November 30th 08 11:52 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
5 352
usb 2.0 wifi (wlan) driver by kwan0381
My planex usb 54mini (wifi) cannot work under the vista environment, I cannot install the original XP driver and the error message said the usb 2.0 wlan driver does not work , can anyone tell me where to find the proper usb 2.0 wlan driver in the vista environment
October 11th 06 07:51 PM
by Theo Go to last post
1 120
USB 2.0/1.1 - SLOW by [JULO]
Hi, I'm running Windows Vista 64bit. I have digital camera with USB1.1 support and ipod with USB2.0 support. My problem is, that transfer speed is very slow ... 400kb/s(ipod) and 60kp/s(camera). I tried to change settings in device manager, but without any success. Do you have the same problem? Can someone help ? Thanks
August 31st 07 04:50 PM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
5 92
USB 2.0/1.1 - slow by [JULO]
Hi, I'm running Windows Vista 64bit. I have digital camera with USB1.1 support and ipod with USB2.0 support. My problem is, that transfer speed is very slow ... 400kb/s(ipod), 60kb/s(camera). I tried to change settings in computer management, but without any success. Do you have the same problem? Can someone help ? Thanks
August 31st 07 08:22 AM
by [JULO] Go to last post
0 83
USB 2.x Crashes system but 1.x is ok with Nvidia NF4 Chipset by Dr. Edison
I had this issue with XP as well and read that it was due to a timing error when one has a dual core processor and a NF4 chipset. What's odd is that the issue cropped up about 2 months ago which was a good 6 months after I installed Vista Ultimate X64. Any idea as to how to fix this? Thanks! AMD FX-60 Watercooled w/Danger Den TDX Waterblock Overclocked to 3GHZ Thermaltake 1200W Truepower EVGA...
December 9th 07 01:05 AM
by Dr. Edison Go to last post
2 125
USB adapter and parallel printer by Art K
Hi, I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit. My L/T does not have a parallel port and I want to use my HP 4P parallel printer with it. I have an adapter cable to do the job, but after going through the installation of the printer several times, it only printed once. If that was due to a combination of settings, I haven't found them again. I believe the problem is most related to the printer...
February 17th 09 04:28 PM
by Victoria[_3_] Go to last post
3 190
USB Analog To Digital Video Device-Best by Karenx13
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Have been using vista 64 bit for about a year now & lovin' it. My question concerns finding a USB Capture device for analog video. I would like to transfer my old video & make movies with it. I know i can use an internal capture card but would prefer the USB if possible. I'm having a hard time finding one that is compatible with the 64bit Vista. Anyone out there know of...
February 6th 09 02:36 PM
by LVTravel Go to last post
1 145
USB and my Blackberry by davidlory
When I connect my Blackberry, using a USB cable, to charge it up, I get an error message on the Blackberry that says "USB charging current is not sufficient. Verify that your handheld is connected to a powered USB charging source and that the proper USB driver is installed." When I check the device manager, it shows that "the device is working properly". SO, I just don't know what the...
February 7th 08 02:03 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 126
USB and PS/2 keyboards and mouses froze at vista login by zoly
after a power outage vista does not not recognize keyboard and mouse, i have keyboard and mouse functionality till vista login page, then frozes there. I tried safe-mode, same. With intall DVD tried restore, have no restore point, no backup. Is there any solution from command prompt ? Did read on replacing ..inf files, but no step by step solution. Please help....
April 13th 08 03:15 PM
by Scott J. Stringfellow[_2_] Go to last post
1 116
usb and removable media PLEASE HELP!!!! by 85buddy
hello and thank you for taking the time to read this!! i have a problem with my USB ports and i dont know what it could be the ports themselves work fine i can use most devices through them things get detected through them ok aswell but what the problem is, is that removable strage devies wont install properly it detects that they are mass storage devices but no matter what type of drivers i...
September 25th 07 04:40 PM
by 85buddy Go to last post
0 102
USB ASUS A8N-SLI by Hans Petter Nenseth
The only thing I get working om RC1 is my Canon printer. Scanner and other USB-devices wont work. Any hints? Couldnt find any new drivers at ASUS. -- I går lurte jeg på hva morgendagen ville bringe. I dag vet jeg det.
September 19th 06 12:01 AM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 143
usb audio device in Vista Sp1 by Ann
I'm using Vista Premium, SP1 on a Compaq laptop I have a usb device (Xcm v-box) and I can't get any audio. I have updated all drivers. Any suggestions?
March 20th 08 04:43 PM
by Ann Go to last post
0 158
USB Audio Drivers (Cannot Start code 10) by Kryten
Hi all I'm running RC2 without too many problems, however I cannot get my VoipVoice USB phone to work correctly. Vista happily loads the drivers (there are two, one called VoipVoice USB Phone, one called USB Human Interface Device), but the drivers will not start. Device manager shows them with BANGS and an error message of "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
October 11th 06 11:04 AM
by Kryten Go to last post
0 152
USB audio in Vista 32 bit by idofxeno
Using Vista Home Premium on an HP Pavillion M7750n. Recently purchased some Plantronics Gamecom Pro1 USB headphones. For the life of me I cannot get them to play sound or get the microphone to transmit at all. when checking the icon in the bottom right, it always says "Volume: 0" for the Headset Earphone Plantronics Headset. The icon also has a red X on the bottom of it, which I'm...
October 14th 07 01:40 AM
by SStreet Go to last post
1 110
USB Audio Texas PCM2900 recognized as MONO MIC by SebasL
Hello: In Win XP, the Texas PCM290x (USB audio codec) was correctly recognized as sound card, but in Vista it's recognized as USB microphone. So when you try to record something you get the same audio in both channels (you can unplug the right channel and will keep recording in stereo with the same signal in both channels). There is any workaround or new driver available? Thanks in advance.
September 3rd 07 01:49 AM
by seanpeng Go to last post
2 158
USB Audio with Acer Monitor P244 speaker by tugas2khas
Hi, I have just bought Acer P244W Monitor that come with a speaker. I have Dell XPS 1330 with Vista Business. I can get the monitor working to the maximum resolution... however, the speaker doesn't have any sound. It detect the USB sound device.. driver is provided by microsoft. Please help... --
January 2nd 09 04:53 PM
by Hot-text Go to last post

From The