Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA by Michael R. Mastro II[_2_]
Hello, I am having a problem that I have been running into for the past few months. While I am trying to play a game, I will occasionally have a BSOD that calls out 0x0000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. After it restarts it brings up the Windows Error reporting and suggests that the soundcard is bad. The steps I have gone through to end this error are the following. 1. Disabled...
October 17th 08 09:46 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
1 210
Dell 490 E-sata? by John[_48_]
I have a Dell 490 and I am trying to use 2 eSATA 500gb Seagate drives in Antec MX-1 cases as RAID 0. I have set this up in the RAID BIOS as the 1st 2 drives non RAID that the last 2 as RAID. Windows XP Pro detects all drives and formated all drives. I realize this is a windows VISTA newsgroup but I saw a lot of good advice here. I have 2 internal SATA HDs one for the OS and programs and the 2nd...
October 18th 08 04:26 AM
by John[_48_] Go to last post
2 204
Please help with Compatability of Motherboard by beachin
HI, I am hoping that someone can help me. I bought this laptop back in Feb. of 2007 and purchased the extended warranty but it wasn't through Gateway and they there in tech support want to spend more time dealing with that then just giving me a yes or no. I just started a new business and I am really broke and my Laptop died. It has water damage and needs a new motherboard says the ext....
October 18th 08 01:21 PM
by Curious[_5_] Go to last post
2 216
Vista Wireless and mac filtering by John
I have AP's using WEP and mac filtering for security. All laptops with Windows XP connect fine. Laptops with Vista Bus. connect to the AP but don't receive an address from the DHCP server. I can give the Vista laptop a static address and I'm able to access the network. If I turn off mac filtering, I'm able to access the network. Has anyone ran across this problem?
October 18th 08 02:25 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
2 204
going 64 by Drew
This may have been answered a million times or more but I am not really sure how to pose this question in order to research.. I am going to be switching to 64bit and was wondering how one would find out if things will work in 64bit such as my antispyware, antivirus, e-mail, and such.. I have drivers for my printer so I know that will work but what about internal cd/dvd burners ? Do they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 18th 08 03:10 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post
12 467
Bluescreen 0XD1_MRVW13B+23580,type 0 by Susan
We've had this new computer for a month and have been having trouble with wireless networking, but now it keeps crashing to blue screen with this fault bucket reason, does anyone have a clue, please.
October 18th 08 05:09 PM
by Susan Go to last post
0 215
Bluescreen 0XD1_MRVW13B+23580,type 0 by Susan
We've had a new computer for about amonth and have been having problems with wireless networking. Now it keeps crashing with bluescreen and the fault bucket reason above. Does anyone have an idea, please. Thanks Susan
October 18th 08 05:50 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
1 183
bluescreen 0xd1_p17+3998b, type 0 Sound Issue by N1CKJUM4NJ1
I keep getting the bluescreen, first from flash and now from my audio software. I tried 'Problem Reports and Solutions' but the solutions i found did not work, and I have searched these boards but I found nothing. I am on Windows Vista Home Premium. Sound Card:- Name: SB Audigy Manufacturor: Creative Technology Incorporated Driver: P17.sys
October 18th 08 07:55 PM
by N1CKJUM4NJ1 Go to last post
0 207
Chicken Little Dick by Mick Murphy
OK, Murphy... you've had your fun. It's time to quit screwing up this and other groups because you've got a vendetta going against the clown. -- Bad Mike "Mr. Arnold " wrote We are pulling your fake "Chicken Little" body apart to look at your entrails.
October 19th 08 04:22 AM
by Mr. Arnold[_4_] Go to last post
2 247
Looking for an external usb drive enclosure by unclebuckle
I'm trying to find an external drive enclosure that is compatible with Windows Vista (either 32 or 64) that will accept either a 3.5 IDE or 3.5 SATA drive. Please reply with your recommendations. Thanks UB
October 19th 08 05:16 AM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
3 278
Sound stopped working after Vista update by G Moore
After an update this week my computer would crash to the blue screen of death every time I turned it on for about two days. On the third day after taking 12 minutes to load on startup it went into installing 11 new updates. When this was completed, the sound no longer worked. I have tried various solutions and finally used the Microsoft help solution of uninstalling the driver in Device...
October 19th 08 04:30 PM
by G Moore[_2_] Go to last post
4 214
Vista Ultimate x64 Memory Stick problem by n13ldo
Just discovered a 'potential' bug in Vista x64... how unusual is that :D I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop, 4gb ram running Vista x64 Ultimate. I only recently upped its ram from 2gb to 4gb (replaced 1 x 2gb with 2 x 2gb Crucial). I always used the laptop for transferring pictures from a 1gb Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo, without incident. Yesterday was the first occasion since the 4gb memory...
October 19th 08 04:41 PM
by Chuck Chopp Go to last post
9 273
Possible Fix: Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Joystick and the self center force disabling by funks
Hello, I have a Microsoft Force Feedback 2 Joystick working with the Vista X64 Driver that comes built in. I noticed that games that has support for Force Feedback will disable the Self Centering Feature of the stick and makes it go limp. For example, on IWAR2 - when I enabled the force effects, the stick got limp and wouldn't autocenter. Disabling the force effects from within
October 20th 08 07:04 AM
by funks Go to last post
0 206
IGFX by Betty
experience level-2 w/10 being COMPUTER IS ONLY 3 WEEKS OLD! Compaq Presario Windows Vista Premium I have never used Vista before. I don't seem to be having a problem using it. Or not lol While I am working the screen will go black for a few seconds. The notice: display driver has stopped responding and has recovered IGFX. I get this message 3-4 times a day. I don't have a clue what to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 20th 08 07:15 AM
by Mick Murphy Go to last post
23 912
Pinnacle PCTV 110i TV tuner card by Estate
I have a Pinnacle PCTV 110i TV tuner card with a Dish TV connection through a set top box. The product package came with 2 CDs : Pinnacle PCTV MediaCenter version 4.21 EU/AS/US/Windows XP 06/06 and Pinnacle Studio QuickStart Version 10 EE/SK/AS REV 10.5.2 Windows XP 03/2006. I use Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 as the only OS. I first installed the CD contents and then downloaded the...
October 20th 08 12:13 PM
by Estate Go to last post
0 178
which video card has pixel shader 2.0? by james
One software I want to use (microsoft expression encoder) calls for a feature "pixel shader 2.0 in hardware". How can I tell which video card has this feature?
October 20th 08 04:21 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
1 221
New Build by busyboy
Hi All, Just completed a new build, so when I booted up for the first time I found out that I was getting no signal from the graphic card, so therefore I can't get into the bios etc. I have been on to the supplier and they have asked me to do several checks, like moving the memory around etc but still no joy. I am a bit concerned about the power supply to the graphic card. The graphic card...
October 20th 08 06:28 PM
by Bob Knowlden[_2_] Go to last post
5 281
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum by John
Hello all: I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum on a Vista x64 machine. I have installed the latest drivers from Creative, however the console cannot recognize my 5.1 speakers, it sets the speakers to 2.1. I just tried to change to 5.1 and I got a BSOD. Wow. I understand Creative’s desire to get us all to buy new sound cards, however if any Creative folks read this group can you let us know...
October 20th 08 08:11 PM
by John Go to last post
2 191
Laptop Slow to Power Off by jaycee
I have a brand new HP laptop dv7-1007TX with Vista Home Premium. At times the power and all lights stay on for a couple minutes after shut down then go out. I'm then afraid to move the laptop in case the HDD is still spinning for some reason. Any comments on this?
October 21st 08 01:09 AM
by jaycee Go to last post
4 213
Nvidia 8800 GT by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)
Price wise depending you coming from which country?? The 8800GT has once been the best and favourite card for gamer as well as OC enthusiatic. Now there are newer card that is on par or can match it's capabilty, moreover is similar or slightly cheaper. A example would be Radeon 4850 "Death-Wizh" wrote: is anyone out there using this graphics card? is it really worth it, n matches up to...
October 21st 08 05:09 AM
by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience) Go to last post

From The