How do you direct connect a laptop to pc? by drumz
Laptop has Vista Home Premium and PC Has XP Pro SP2. What's the fastest/best to use: USB, RJ45, Parallel port? And how do I tell Vista which protocol to use to connect to the PC? I have a ton of files (80+GB) that I need to burn to CD on the laptop and doing it through the LAN is too slow. Thanks!
October 21st 08 05:58 AM
by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience) Go to last post
5 183
Complete Crash without Blue Screen by Daniel (MVP Window Desktop Experience)
Just a thought, other than the blue screen, is there any particular error? "Don Deacon" wrote: I upgraded to Vista about a month ago and since then my computer (used as a PVR) just keeps crashing. It is not even crashing with a blue screen, it just completely shuts off. After one of these crashes, I can't just power the PC back on either, I have to disconnect the power supply, flip...
October 21st 08 03:40 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
3 177
Vista laptop won't turn on by Sciencekid
I don't know if this is in the right section or not, but I have a HP Pavilion dv9408nr and Vista premium ( or at least I remember that it wasn't basic, so I'm assuming it was premium) and last time the computer had shut down, it was updating something, I don't know what. and i let it update without removing the power or anything til it shut down. but now when I turn it on, and its plugged...
October 21st 08 11:10 PM
by Ferd Burfel Go to last post
3 243
Question about nVidia graphics card features by Dick[_3_]
I have a Gateway desktop system which uses a nVidia 6150SE nForce 430 chipset. I was reading specs about this chipset and it appears that the chip supports a variety of features/functions that have little (if anything) to do with graphics. For example: * gigabit Ethernet * raid 0, 0+1, 1, and 5 RAID * 10 usb ports
October 21st 08 11:55 PM
by Dick[_3_] Go to last post
5 202
Stop All Network Activities For Perticular Time by deepak
I want to disable all my network traffic (similar to what firewall does) but for perticular time period. Is it possible?
October 22nd 08 03:28 AM
by Anthony[_8_] Go to last post
2 202
Vista Business x64 acting strange after RAM upgrade by thepicklator
Specs: Core 2 Quad Q6600 4GB DDR2 800 OCZ RAM 400GB Harddrive Motherboard: Intel DG965OT GeForce 8800GT (G92) Vista Business x64 with SP1 Hello everyone, I would appreciate some help if possible. I used to have 2GB of Samsung RAM in my computer which was replaced with the RAM
October 22nd 08 10:06 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
6 292
LifeCam VX5000 Controls Question by JimfromKy[_2_]
LifeCam VX5000 Software Ver 2.04.542.0 running on Vista Home Premium Ver 6 SP1 using Microsoft Live Messenger. Question; I cannot operate any controls for my camera under the "Life Cam Controls" at the bottom of the panel that pops up when you click the gear wheel icon on the Micro LifeCam screen. No zoom or pan. The package clearly said these features were included with the camera. I cannot...
October 22nd 08 12:56 PM
by JimfromKy[_4_] Go to last post
2 276
Dell Precision 670 slow frame rates with several video cards by David Manvell[_2_]
Reposting this to a couple forums: I've had a Dell Precision 670 for several years now. It originally came with a NVIDIA Quadro 3450 video card which died twice so I switched it out with a NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GT OC. 512MB ram on the Geforce. My system performance improved greatly. Pretty much running 15-30 frames per second in World of Warcraft at 1920x1200 mode with all settings on high. I...
October 22nd 08 05:07 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 210
HEELP!!!!I HAVE A BIG SIGMATEL HD AUDIO DRIVER PROBLEM FOR VISTA by flare86
(My comp runs on vista)I have an x on my audio icon that's next to the time on my desktop.When i go to the properties of the audio no driver appears.(no name or nothin)it used to say sigmatel. When i try to install driver with the help wizard i get this message..(Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.) it also says (A device...
October 22nd 08 07:16 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
1 205
USB Speed by No Name
Why do I only get 15.2 MB/sec coping files accross to my USB 2.0 External hard disk and not the advertised 480 MB/sec. Dean Fort Worth, Tx
October 22nd 08 08:13 PM
by bozo[_2_] Go to last post
3 243
Need to convert from Fat32 to NFTS on external HD by G@ry
I need to convert an external hard drive (500 GB) from Fat32 to NTFS so I can save large files. I have Vista Home Premium w/SP1 I found a website that tells me to use Run, and enter: convert k: /fs:NTFS. But when I do I get this: "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode." What the heck does this mean? Is there any other way...
October 23rd 08 04:52 AM
by W@lf Go to last post
4 284
DVD Drive Issues in x64 by ZeonStar
I hope I stuck this in the right section. Been having a little trouble with my system and thought I would post here. I'm running x64 Vista and I keep having issues with my Plextor Px760 Drive not appearing. I researched this issue and found out about removing the upper and lower filters in the registry. I deleted my UpperFilters key (I didn't have any lower) and this did fix the issue, BUT...
October 23rd 08 07:19 PM
by ZeonStar Go to last post
4 306
DVD playing problem by [email protected]
I have a number of DVD's all burned with the same DVD writer. Media used was Verbatim, Sony, Imation. I am perplexed that some will play in a commercial DVD unit and some will fail to play. Can someone explain why this occurs? Thanks. If more information needed please ask. Would like to solve this problem.
October 23rd 08 08:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 260
Blue screen when waking from hibernate b/c of Atheros wireless by SamAndAnnRuss
When I wake from hibernation, I often blue-screen now. Vista says that it is because of wireless. The crash information: Fault bucket 0x50_athr+1102, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen I recently applied Vista Service Pack 1 and also downloaded a video game. Any ideas? Should I uninstall Vista SP1?
October 24th 08 12:43 AM
by SamAndAnnRuss Go to last post
0 266
SD Card "write-protected" by Andreas Y.
All of a sudden, my HP laptop cannot write to any of my sd cards. It says they are write-protected although they are not. I can write to my cards on cameras but not on my laptop. I have tried the trick with the tape but it doesn't work as it seems the trouble is on the laptop. I have tons of stuff on my laptop and it's big trouble to restore it. Is it actually Windows issue or hardware?
October 24th 08 03:24 AM
by Andreas Y. Go to last post
0 276
HP W2408h Monitor by JBrown
Does the above subject monitor have a DVI connector? Thank you, Jim )
October 24th 08 02:45 PM
by DL Go to last post
2 375
quad core only operating on 2 cores by Hippo
About 8 months ago I put together a computer running Vista ultimate 64 on an EVGA 780i, 8gb ram, and Intel E6850 (3.0 dual). Everything went smoothly, and it hasn't had any huge hiccups since. About 2 months ago I picked up a Q9400 (quad 2.6). I shut down my computer, installed it, and re-booted. The BIOS detected the 4 2.6 cores in the POST. Windows did a little firmware fiddling on its own as...
October 24th 08 05:49 PM
by SCSIraidGURU Go to last post
4 344
nvidia video driver for HP dv9420us by Anthony[_8_]
Ok, I have been having BSOD problems when my notebook wakes to record with Media Center. I have a HP dv9420us with nvidia GeForce go 6150 graphics. Its running Vista Home Premium 64. Iv been told that when I update my video driver it will cure the BSOD. The driver version I have is 7.15.10.9815 A I know the current update is version 7.15.11.6743 A at the HP website but it wont install. I get an...
October 24th 08 06:44 PM
by Anthony[_8_] Go to last post
8 279
Blue Screen b/c of Realtek RTL8187B Wireless Windows Vista by AllenS
Every other day my computer randomly crashes with a blue screen. This happens most frequently after I have woken up the computer after sleeping it. When I turn it back on after the blue screen it says that there is some kind of problem with wireless networking. I have tried several different options, but nothing has worked so far. I have a Gateway M-1615 laptop with an AMD Turion64 The...
October 24th 08 10:20 PM
by tanuj_chadha[_8_] Go to last post
4 311
need a software that monitor fan speed when log in to Windows by GT
I can see the fan speed in the bios are there any software i can use so i can see the fan speed when log in to Windows Vista?
October 25th 08 06:47 AM
by DevilsPGD Go to last post

From The