What driver to install for Broadcom BCM4311 to enable 54mbit/s? by Dima
Hello! How to make a 802.11g Broadcom BCM4311 adapter connect in ad-hoc mode at 54mbit/s, not at 11mbit/s? A peer adapter connects with it at 54mbit/s. Regards, Dmitry
October 25th 08 08:26 AM
by Dima Go to last post
0 255
Network printer drivers by mldavis2
I'm running a simple home network under WindowsXP Home with my Vista Home Premium 64 box networked to the XP box, hardwired through a wireless router. My Epson printer is running on the XP box and is set up to be shared on the network. Trying to print from the Vista 64 machine, I get a message telling me I need the correct driver installed. This is probably a simple minded question, but does...
October 25th 08 12:22 PM
by DDW[_3_] Go to last post
1 290
Talking
laptop specs by molly1949
with my xp desktop i was able to look at specs, it told me what the memory etc was, but my vista laptop doesn't seem to have the specs for this machine. i want to upgrade the memory and need to know what I have in it now. help appreciated
October 25th 08 01:24 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
6 406
help configuring SATA USB hard drive by CSreality
My 2 year old toshiba laptop died and I removed the HD and got a USB encolsure for it and have tried to connect it to my new laptop. VIsta recognizes it as a USB mass storage device, but it won't assign it a drive letter or appear in the computer panel. What gives?? --
October 26th 08 12:00 AM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
8 320
Add an IDE HD to a SATA Vista64 Set-up by WS6TA02
Hi, New to the Vista world and I recently upgraded from an older computer. Now I have an IDE HD that I would like to add to my set-up. My problem is that my MD does not have an IDE connection. I have a lot of pictures that I need to retrieve. I am not computer expert, but have no problems adding components. Is there a certain controller card or adapter I can use that is compatible with...
October 26th 08 04:48 AM
by bmoag[_2_] Go to last post
4 316
New SATA Hard Drive Issue by Ed B.[_2_]
I just bought a new PC with an Intel DG31PR Motherboard and a Seagate 320 GB ST3320613AS SATA2 drive. Everything was working fine, so I decided to add a second SATA2 drive. I bought a 750GB Seagate ST3750330AS and plugged it into the second SATA port on the motherboard but it was not recognized by the BIOS. Finally figured out that the drive only works in port3 and not ports 2 and 4. Could...
October 26th 08 08:21 AM
by DL Go to last post
3 375
USB devices drop out between applications by mldavis2
I'm using Vista 64 Home Premium SP1 with Microsoft Flight Simulator X SP2 and have several USB controllers for yoke, throttle and rudder pedals, all CH Products. I have the latest drivers from CH installed and they work fine -- until I close FSX, run something else and then reboot FSX. Then I lose one or two USB devices, seemingly at random. The solution is to unplug/replug the devices each...
October 26th 08 11:51 AM
by mldavis2 Go to last post
4 283
Bluescreen caused by ethernet by Computeruseless!
My computer keeps getting the bluescreen and eachtime i check for a solution with windows it says it is caused by ethernet networking or realtek. I have been through all the advice given but found no solution i would like to know how to solve the problems so i get my computer up and running with no problems. The fault bucket it gave me was 0xA_Rtlh86!MiniportSendNetBufferList+de,type0
October 26th 08 01:00 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 271
audio issue by gregdw86
I hope this is the right newsgroup to post this in.. if not maybe someone can move it to the right one. Anyways, I have an ongoing audio problem that I can't seem to find an answer to. The computer is a Dell Inspiron E1505 w/ Vista Ultimate and a SigmaTel sound card. I also have Creative Sound Blaster Audigy software installed. I actually have two problems, but I'll start w/ the first...
October 26th 08 02:13 PM
by gregdw86 Go to last post
5 317
higher screen resolution... by mc8569
I just bought a small tv monitor, 26", that takes s vid, rgb, hdmi, all that. but i hooked up rgb to the monitor, and running from an ati radeon x1200, using their designated Catalyst Control Center, it would not let me use a higher resoltuion than 1360x768, there is also a 1280x1024 resolution. there are a few, and i mean a few, more, but they are all lower resolutions than that. i was...
October 26th 08 10:28 PM
by r2rnot Go to last post
3 343
Device Driver by Bellaar
Hi i Have Vista Home Basic 32bit windows sometimes tries to find Device Driver but cant find, it tells me to look for the manufactures web site. Where do i find the manufacture? Computer is going ok. i was told if going ok dont worry:confused: Had computer for 10mths ok, new with tech stuff. -- Bellaar ------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 27th 08 01:12 AM
by Andrew Murray[_6_] Go to last post
2 351
Bluetooth device keeps disconnecting after upgrade to Vista by MaBuse
After migrating from 2000 to Vista my bluetooth connection between my Laptop (HP/Compaq nc2400) and my mobile (SE K610) disconnects after 5s. It retries every 30s but disconnects again and again... This worked without any problems with Windows 2000, regardless if I had my bluetooth headset connected at the same time or not. Now, with Vista, the laptop cannot even discover the mobile if the...
October 27th 08 02:39 AM
by Arvind [MS] Go to last post
1 254
USB Parallel adapter--source for driver? by gingerpeach123
Hi, all, I am trying to connect my Epson Stylus Color 600 to a new HP Pavilion laptop running Vista. Neither the laptop nor the QuickDock have a parallel printer connection, so I bought a USB parallel adapter and tried to hook it up. The laptop came with a driver for the printer, but when I plug everything in it is only recognized as an "unknown USB device," and the list of ports I see...
October 27th 08 02:57 AM
by LVTravel[_2_] Go to last post
3 367
Acer Aspire T180-UA381B Upgrade by Death-Wizh
hey, i am a webdesigner and gamer. I also use my pc for other various high end purposes. I am looking to upgrade the Processor, RAM(DDR2) & Graphics card. I am familiar with hardware. What i am confused about is the max that this computer can take of each. There are too many different responses and this leads to confusion. I want a dual core, its a AM2 socket. Please supply with as much...
October 27th 08 09:40 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 302
Window Fan by dannymichel[_15_]
I have a large window fan blowing air in my computer for months now. Is it doing any damage? The magnet? -- dannymichel
October 27th 08 09:52 AM
by John Barnett MVP[_3_] Go to last post
7 311
PC Crashing when going into hibernation - network related by gerlinky
My PC had a complete 'factory reset' a few weeks back as a result of a fatal error. I do not know what caused it but have just got my PC back to its former state with regards to software and files, including installing all the Windows updates - to bring my machine up to date (again). Today I have experienced several instances where the PC has rebooted following hibernation. Following the...
October 27th 08 06:38 PM
by gerlinky Go to last post
0 293
2 Os's by rewindurmind
Hey. I have 4 HDD's 2 SATA and 2 IDE. 1: Primary which is running Vista Ultimate x64 - 500gb 2: Holds important work info 3: Blank (IDE) 4: Back up (IDE) I'm thinking about installing Win XP SP 2 on the 3rd drive. I know how to install an OS, but what would I have to boot that drive as primary? Mess around with the jumpers everytime? Or would there be an option to
October 27th 08 06:46 PM
by barman58 Go to last post
3 715
Vista vs Ati Radeon by Apache -=CW=-
Hi... I'm new to the groups so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong area. I've been running Vista Premium for about 5 months now. It's not a bad OS, and I have gotten used to some of it's quirkiness. Anyway, here's my issue. I've got an Intel 875PBZ motherboard with 2 gigs of ram and a ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
October 27th 08 10:27 PM
by Apache -=CW=- Go to last post
4 420
Gigabyte EP45-DS3R VS ASUS P45 SE R?? by rennya
Hello guys, Just want to know which 1 is the best mobo between those two? any idea? :rolleyes: -- rennya :sleepy:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
October 27th 08 11:11 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
1 328
Bluescreen??? by ♥frosteyes♥
can Somebody please help me with this? my computer keeps crashing saying something about a bluescreen. Problem signatu Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: d1
October 27th 08 11:41 PM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post

From The