vista freezup by shane
my vista freezes during installation. yes, my hard drive was brand new and clean. im wondering if i should try the 32bit vista. the 64bit disk i had was a brand new oem disk with no scratches. after my vista failed, i loaded a bootleg copy of xp onto the pc and that installed fine. i think it was a 32bit. all my parts are brand new. i bought the vista a couple months ago and had the problem...
July 1st 08 10:13 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
3 187
Malfunctioning Sony Ericsson K850i Phone by Shane
Hi, I have a Sony Ericsson K850i that I have used with XP with no problems but am now using Vista and have problems with the drivers. I have downloaded the latest drivers from SE site and installed them. When I connect, Vista says the device has malfunctioned and Vista does not recognise it. I have used Device Manager to investigate and it says there are no drivers installed. I have...
February 23rd 08 08:57 AM
by Shane Go to last post
0 116
usb hard drive not showing in explorer by Shane
Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem I have using a USB hard drive. When it's connected windows vista goes through the usual USB driver installation process without a problem, however the hard drive doesn't show up in explorer. Nor does it show up in computer management/disk management. It does show up in computer management/device manager/disk drives.
February 13th 08 01:46 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
6 169
SD Card can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. What's the problem? by Shankp
I have a SD card but it can't be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. I have tried serval times and format it fully but it's still can't be read. Then I tried other SD card and it can be read in Windows Vista Ultimate. So I think it would be some problems with my SD card and then I use my roomate's computer with Windows Vista Home Premium to read my SD card. It is fine to read the card. Can anybody...
March 26th 08 04:00 AM
by Shankp Go to last post
0 161
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working by shannon
mulitmedia keyboard driver has stopped working. this is the message I get at start up... what does this mean? Is is fixable?? I KNOW ITS A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND NOT A SOFTWARE PROBLEM -- shannon Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
October 28th 09 02:18 PM
by Michael Go to last post
1 165
DVD CD Rom driver error code by Shannon Christopher
I cannot get my DVD player to run a DVD or a CD Rom. I have this error. This device cannot start. (Code 10) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available. When I check for solutions it never comes back with anything. Any help would be great.
July 16th 08 12:47 AM
by Shannon Christopher Go to last post
0 175
NO AUDIO ON HP w/ Vista? Read this: by Shara
If you have HP and are experiencing audio issues..... Simply go to: http://h20219.www2.hp.com/services/cache/454897-0-0-225-121.html Enter a product name / number (press enter) Click the correct product name / number (most likely at the top of list shown) Select your system (pick Vista) Click Conexant High Definition Audio date of 4-2007 (at the top)t Scroll down and click Install Now button
July 22nd 07 10:32 PM
by Shara Go to last post
0 109
HP laser jet printer driver installation by Shariff
The installation stps with a message that, " Can not with Run As command. Login as an administrator" I am there as an administrator already. What should I do. The printer is HO Laser Jet 2840.
March 16th 07 04:40 AM
by Shariff Go to last post
0 91
rewritable disk by Shark
Hi, i'm using Vista RTM 6000 ..and i have a problem ... i have a rewritable CD that i use it from long time ago ..it work with Window XP greatly...but when i use it with vista burning option ..the Vista burned it and closed it .... i put the rewritable disk again to erase it the system refused to do this and said that the CDis not rewritable nd can not to be erased..i'm very upset from this...
December 26th 06 09:20 PM
by nord Go to last post
3 176
Switching between windows by Sharksfan12
When I click on the "switching between windows" quicklaunch icon, it just gives me a blue box with small icons to select from (desktop, comptuer, etc). There isn't the cool feature of cycling through the panes. Does anyone have this problem and know how to remedy it? I think this started after I downloaded a couple of Vista updates two days ago.
July 26th 07 04:18 AM
by dean-dean Go to last post
3 90
Hidden folders taking up my hard drive space? by Sharkty
Please help (or point me in the right direction). I've noticed most of my hard drive is full. http://i36.tinypic.com/2888rqu.jpg] There's no way I have that much on it. So I've had an explore and noticed this;
November 27th 08 07:13 PM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
6 380
monitor goes blank by sharon leigh
i noticed that every 30 minutes or so when i am playing media player radio stations and solitaire that my screen goes blank for a few seconds and then comes back on. what could this mean? any help would be appreciated.
October 23rd 07 08:01 PM
by sharon leigh Go to last post
0 85
Driver update by Sharyn Mitchell
I am using a HP Pavillion dv6000 with Windows Vista home premium. I am trying to install the driver Mobile Intel 945gm Express Chipset Family Driver. After three times I am at a loss as to what to do next. I keep getting the message that it didn't install and I wonder if anyone else has had this problem. Sharyn Mitchell -- Sharyn
May 28th 07 10:05 PM
by freddy Go to last post
2 132
Download and install the driver for Sony Ericsson W850 USB Modem by sHAsHiLx
When I connect my SonyEricsson W850 phone to computer Vista try to install drivers automatically and didn't find drivers.. Then it tell's me that found solution: This problem was caused by Sony Ericsson W850 USB Modem. Sony Ericsson W850 USB Modem was created by Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. A solution is available that will solve this problem. Solution
September 28th 07 02:17 PM
by Carey Frisch [MVP] Go to last post
3 136
"Run as..." Error for HP All-in-One by Shattered Haze
I just bought a new Acer desktop that came with the Windows Vista OS. I have had a few problems installing my old programs on this system, but, for the most part, I have managed to work my way around these issues with the help of updates, drivers, and patches. However, I am having a problem with installing my HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One. When I first tried to install the software, it came...
April 25th 07 02:57 AM
by R. C. White, MVP Go to last post
3 136
Hard drives not recognized anymore by shattered00
I have 4 HDs total. A WD Raptor 74gb, 2x WD raptor 150gb, and a WD Caviar SE 320gb. I uninstalled both the chipset and display drivers from Nvidia, and then booted in safe mode to use Driver Sweeper to remove any remnants. Upon reinstalling both drivers, my 2 150gb HDs which are in RAID 0 are not showing up at all. During the BIOS boot, it shows the RAID array as healthy. In the BIOS, no...
November 10th 07 02:58 PM
by Tom Ferguson Go to last post
2 104
Device manager - "class not registered" by Shaun
I am running Vista Home Premium upgrade from Dell. When I try to open the device manager, I simply get an error message that says "class not registered" and then nothing happens. Any advice? Thanks.
April 6th 07 09:16 PM
by Shaun Go to last post
0 147
DVD RW / CD drive wont read anything by shaun
Hi, Hope someone can help. I have an Advent 7113 laptop and the DVD / CD drive has stopped reading anything. I have no evidence in device manager that there is a problem (i.e. no symbols) and the drive also seems to be making noises when trying to read. Is there a software issue or update that I can download . . . please help!!! Many thanks for any replies.
March 19th 08 01:53 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 200
Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 by Shaun A. Gupta
Hey all, Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista support. Thanks!
August 28th 07 05:12 AM
by ThoR294 Go to last post
7 150
Error Occurred (0) at startup by shaunl
I am running a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Edition. A few days ago we had a power failure. When I rebooted the computer it came up with a message at the early stages of rebooting saying 'Error Occurred (0)' in red for one of the disk drives. The other one is fine. It goes on to load windows, and I can get into Vista and run most programs, but it does not run IE7, I cannot get any...
May 5th 08 01:13 PM
by shaunl Go to last post

From The