Speaker setup by bebopman
For some strange reason, when I go into Playback Devices to configure my speaker setup, the only choice I get is Stereo. I have a 5.1 setup and it used to work. Now my rear speakers are completely dead. Can anyone help? Many thanks. -- Patrick
July 24th 07 01:44 PM
by freddy Go to last post
3 125
After add in 1 gig memory Vista boot up slow and black screen. by Bec664
I just bought a DELL E521 PC with 1 Gig ram DDR2 5300 , decided to add 1 Gig more memory DDR2 4200 where from the old system, after install Vista boot up slow and black screen. After removing it no problem. Tested the system only run at 1 Gig, do I need to reinstall to recognise the ram.
May 27th 07 03:51 PM
by Richard Urban Go to last post
5 128
network printer by Becky636
I have a All in one printer connected to a pc with USB plug.. I want to connect another computer for use with this All In One. And still be able to use it WITH ALL it features. regardless of witch computer I was on , while trying to print. would a print servers do the trick or get a ubs hub (pluged into the wall for power) be sufficient.. Vista 32 bit one one computer and xp on the...
April 26th 08 07:56 PM
by Becky636 Go to last post
0 119
have a problem by Beefy
This file buck has popped up a couple of times 0x8E_es1371mp+1d2d, type0 and i was wondering if you could help me out
March 1st 09 11:06 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
2 132
vista crashes after reporting infinte loop by Beeker
hi all vista recently froze on me with an infinite loop and i worked it out to be the graphics card. I got a new card and installed vista drivers (geforce 6200le) and vista reports this is running ok. But when i boot in normal mode the computer freezes then crashes, but works ok in safe mode. any ideas? Thanks
March 28th 08 02:34 PM
by Colin Barnhorst[_2_] Go to last post
1 284
change drive letter -- the parameter is incorrect by beetle
Hardwa 256MB Kingston USB flash drive. When inserted into a Windows XP SP3 platform the Manage/Disk Management/Change drive letter sequence works fine. Exactly the same sequence fails with "The parameter is incorrect." message from Logical Disk Manager on a Windows Vista SP1 platform. Changing the drive letter of an empty hard drive on the vista platform works ok, so it seems to be...
May 26th 08 03:41 PM
by beetle Go to last post
1 163
new user mode device driver spec by beginthreadex
Does anyone have a link to any new developments for the user mode device driver specs? Meaning; have the "nt services" changed at all with Vista?
February 22nd 07 09:16 PM
by beginthreadex Go to last post
0 337
Dual Monitors and DRM by Belal
I have a quick question. I have 2 LCD monitors, 1 is a viewsonic 19" and not HDCP compliant, the other is a 22" Samsung and IS HDCP compliant. Assuming I have a HDCP compliant videocard what happens when I open 'premium' content such as BluRay HDDVD etc. Will it run full 1080p on the samsung and just not on the viewsonic? Also what would happen if I drag the video player from the HDCP...
February 17th 07 04:13 AM
by Belal Go to last post
0 210
Disable Bluetooth passkey for dual Boot for vista and xp by belkin
Using Vista I have Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 and I don't have the option to disable the passkey for the keyboard. I want to disable the passkey in order to get the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 to work with dual boot OS; windows xp and windows vista. I do have the option to disable the bluetooth passkey in windows xp, but I dont have it in Vista. I...
March 29th 08 09:48 AM
by belkin[_2_] Go to last post
1 203
D-Link wireless card won't work. by Bella Vista
I am having the same problem too. Furthermore, there is no wireless tab present within the propterties window of my wireless network, only two tabs (Networking and Sharing) "Jah2" wrote: Hi. I just installed Vista Build 5456 and my D-Link G510 wireless card will not work. Windows Vista says that my wireless network adapter does not meet the network requirements. So it will not let me...
September 29th 06 12:13 AM
by Bella Vista Go to last post
0 204
Enlarged Icons and Task Bar, Status Bar etc by bella28jan
HI If you can help that would be great! Started up the computer this morning and everything is enlarged - have tried to change screen resolution and it doesn't change my problem everything just gets distorted. Actual internet page views normally But Task Bar and Task Bar Icons are huge as well as all other bars!!! What can I do??
April 5th 09 02:38 AM
by Peter Foldes[_2_] Go to last post
4 287
Device Driver by Bellaar
Hi i Have Vista Home Basic 32bit windows sometimes tries to find Device Driver but cant find, it tells me to look for the manufactures web site. Where do i find the manufacture? Computer is going ok. i was told if going ok dont worry:confused: Had computer for 10mths ok, new with tech stuff. -- Bellaar ------------------------------------------------------------------------
October 27th 08 01:12 AM
by Andrew Murray[_6_] Go to last post
2 353
No sound(desperate!) by bellamoose
Okay, the sound was working just fine the other day, I used my ipod, music etc..no problem. But now there is no sound and every time i click on volume control it there is no active mixer...ok. So I have gone through a million troubleshoots and a million of these posts. i can't find anything that can help. Oh and when i get to the devices thing to set my default thing it won't let me click...
April 17th 07 03:50 AM
by Swami ji Go to last post
5 197
After Vista upgrade, 2nd HD can't be accessed by Ben
Upgraded to Vista Ultimate from XP. Boot drive is fine, but my 2nd drive, which is only used to store pictures, cannot be accessed. I know all the data is still there, because McAfee will scan the drive. My desktop picture is also still present. When in explorer and I click on the drive letter D, I get this message: "D:\ is not accessible. Access Denied". Any suggestions? Am i...
March 31st 08 08:22 PM
by BobF. Go to last post
4 198
USB Device Problem by Ben
Whenever i insert a removable device, like my flash drive for instance, a thing pops up that says "do you want to scan and fix device_name"? and i either scan or continue without scanning, which ever choice i make, after about a minute, or so, my device randomly dissapears from "my computer" and whatever thing i was doing with it stops working. For example, if i have my ipod, i insert it...
June 6th 07 05:17 PM
by Ben Go to last post
0 143
HP Pavillion DV9022ea with Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner by Ben
Hi, I recently purchased a HP DV9022ea with XP MCE 2005. I decided to take the plunge and install Vista Home Premium on a clean install and have loved it but i have one issue. I have a Yuan EC300 DVB-T TV Tuner that worked a dream on XP MCE but since the upgrade the tuner has been able to find channels but not display them.
May 6th 07 02:53 PM
by GD Go to last post
8 129
Why doesn't Windows recognise my DVD burner? by Ben
Hi folks, I have a Liteon SHM-165P6S DVD-RW device and I can write discs with 3rd-party tools such as DeepBurner, but Vista doesn't recognise its burning capabilities. For example, the 'DVD Burner' list in DVD Maker is empty. Any ideas why this may be? How can I resolve this lack of Windows functionality? cheers,
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 9th 07 09:19 AM
by robert de nerdo Go to last post
32 464
Drivers for Vista 64-bit Ultimate by Ben
I am having trouble with my audio driver. The names as they appear on the vista scan are "ATI SMBus (by ATI Technologies)" and " AC97 Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP (by CXT). I have tried to find compatable drivers, but have had to success. I also get a "no audio output device installed" warning. What ahouls I do?!
February 6th 07 05:43 PM
by Ben Go to last post
2 213
iPod Sync by Ben
Anyone else having an issue went connecting their iPod. It will pop up a window everytime asking me to "scan and fix" the device. The first time, I allowed it. But it keeps doing it so I choose "continue without scanning." If I choose nothing, it keeps popping up windows until there are literally dozens. After finally syncing, it unconnects itself and I have to unplug and replug it to...
October 4th 06 07:40 PM
by Ben Go to last post
0 140
iPod question by Ben
I can't find where to set it so it doesn't ask me when my iPod is connected to not open a window of its files. Also, I initially had syncing issues with iTunes/iPod but I think they've been resolved based on some solutions on their forums. Anyone else have similar issues?
September 18th 06 02:20 AM
by Ben Go to last post

From The