  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
USB hubs E / F by Ojuls
The first time i installed my external hard disk (Lacie) on my laptop, it came on "E:". So when i installed Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia on Lacie, i put "E:". But now, my external hard disk only opens on "F:". I dont understand why (even if there are no other usb devices on my laptop). Wich means that i cant open Encarta anymore unless i reinstall on F. The same thing happens with my...
November 29th 07 03:37 AM
by Elliott Go to last post
2 210
USB IR reciever doesnt work after standby by Lithium
After my Vista PC comes out of standby mode, the USB IR reciever for my microsoft IR keyboard and mce remote dies. I have to physically unplug and plug it back it for it to work again. Any ideas? Ryan
February 12th 07 02:12 AM
by Mike Luo [MSFT] Go to last post
4 189
USB issues by JM
I am having similiar issues to everything I have been reading but mine has a different twist. When I plug in a MP3 playor or card reader I get a "Windows cannot load the installer for volume". It does show up as a disk drive and I also see the USB Mass storage device. Interestingly, two of the four slots for the card reader show up under "My Computer". Nothing shows up for the MP3 player....
June 11th 07 01:22 PM
by freddy Go to last post
4 173
USB issues while playing games by Adam Bowers
I'm having issue with my USB devices when playing games (Lord of the Rings Online, Team Fortress 2, etc), and only when playing games. I constantly get the 'USB device disconnect' sound and then a 'usb device reconnect' sound. Occasionally I will get a dialog box saying I should use the device in a USB 2.0 slot. All of my USB slots are 2.0 and powered. I have tried using different slots...
April 29th 08 03:18 AM
by Blade Go to last post
3 130
USB jump drive no longer works with Vista by Len
Cruzer jump drive does not work with Vista but does work on my other comptuer with XP. It did work until recently but now the system wants to format the drive instead of allowing me to drag and drop files. The multimedia drive also quit working. Using Vista Premium on a Toshiba A205 -S4607. Have been unable to find an email for tech support from Toshiba. Will not buy another computer from...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 17th 08 11:27 PM
by Matthew Armshaw Go to last post
19 341
USB jump drive on Vista Home Basic won't work by JimV
When I plug in my PNY Attache 2.0 jump drive into my new computer, it asks to install driver for my USB 2.0 FD. If I click on locate and install, nothing is found. Device mgr reports this is not configured correctly. I know the jump drive is good, as it works in my laptop. I tried disabling in device mgr., and then re-plugging in, but that didn't work either. Do I have to reinstall the USB...
December 4th 07 09:01 PM
by Myron Go to last post
3 140
USB keyboard by Jason Chin
For some reason my Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 doesn't work while my computer boots. The only keyboard function that works is the bios key (pressing delete to access the bios menu). Otherwise everything else doesn't work. For example: -When I get a BSOD and my computer restarts and gives me an option to load into safe mode; I can't select anything. The keyboard won't allow me to...
August 9th 07 01:53 AM
by Jason Chin Go to last post
0 118
USB keyboard by Jason Chin
For some reason my Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 doesn't work while my computer boots. The only keyboard function that works is the bios key (pressing delete to access the bios menu). Otherwise everything else doesn't work. For example: -When I get a BSOD and my computer restarts and gives me an option to load into safe mode; I can't select anything. The keyboard won't allow me to...
August 9th 07 03:15 AM
by Michael Solomon Go to last post
2 106
USB Keyboard (disabled during boot??) by Jason Chin
For some reason my Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 doesn't work while my computer boots. The only keyboard function that works is the bios key (pressing delete to access the bios menu). Otherwise everything else doesn't work. For example: -When I get a BSOD and my computer restarts and gives me an option to load into safe mode; I can't select anything. The keyboard won't allow me to...
August 9th 07 01:51 AM
by Jason Chin Go to last post
0 103
USB Keyboard (disabled during boot??) by Jason Chin
For some reason my Microsoft Ergonomic Natural Keyboard 4000 doesn't work while my computer boots. The only keyboard function that works is the bios key (pressing delete to access the bios menu). Otherwise everything else doesn't work. For example: -When I get a BSOD and my computer restarts and gives me an option to load into safe mode; I can't select anything. The keyboard won't allow me to...
August 10th 07 02:16 PM
by KenM Go to last post
1 107
USB keyboard and mouse not working by [email protected]
well....not intially anyway. Everyday when i come in and boot up my computer, the usb keyboard and mouse do not work. i have a serial wacom tablet that loads so i can move the cursor, so i restart the computer and then everything works. the keyboard and mouse are both plugged into the usb hub on my monitor, while everything else is plugged directly into the usb cards in my pc. i don't know if...
December 13th 07 07:27 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 151
USB Keyboard Driver Issues by Kevin Herrera
First some background: I'm a gamer and I had the MERC Zboard installed and functioning on my installation of Windows Vista Home Premium. I decided one day that my keyboard was too big and clunky so I decided to purchase Creative's Fatal1ty keyboard. I booted up my computer and was able to use it but was promptly greeted by the Device installation popups. Problem: Every time I start Windows...
June 1st 07 12:24 AM
by Kevin Herrera Go to last post
4 120
USB Keyboard Driver problems by Darz
Hi, I am trying to use my Logitech keyboard on my laptop (which is running vista) and when i plug in the USB it tells me that windows cannot locate the driver. I have spoken with the logitech support team and I have downloaded setpoint but the device is still not working. I took the keyboard to work and plugged it into my work computer as well as
July 31st 07 02:10 AM
by Darz Go to last post
0 98
USB Keyboard installation problems (MS Wireless Laser Desktop 6000) by Wolfgang Hammon
MY CONFIGURATION: Hardwa Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 with - Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 v2.0 - Wireless Keyboard v3.0 System: Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 Duel Core Processor 2666 MHz / 4GB RAM
September 17th 09 04:21 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 224
USB keyboard not working on start up by A7X808
Occasionally, my microsoft usb keyboard won't function when I start the computer, but it's fine when I re-start. This isn't a big problem, but I was just curious as to what could be causing this to happen. Thanks -- A7X808
August 31st 08 04:32 AM
by A7X808 Go to last post
4 275
USB keyboard Troubleshooting by Guinelle1
I do not know if im in the right forum but this seemed right i have a Saitek Cyborg Gaming keyboard and everything worked fine until i spilled some water on it. the keyboard STILL WORKS after i let it dry out. the problem is it doesnt work on MY computer. im pretty sure its a driver issue. ive uninstalled all drivers for the keyboard and reinstalled. still no work. tried system restore to when...
April 21st 09 11:51 PM
by Manny Weisbord Go to last post
2 257
USB Keyboard/mouse will not load by wdbailey
I have been using Vista Ultimate with Logitech Cordless Desktop® LX 300 mouse/keyboard combo connected via USB for many months without incident. For no apparent reason they stopped working on boot up. This set comes with a PS2 option for the mouse so I was able to get cursor control to login Guest account and use onscreen keyboard to disable password for admin account. Device manager does not...
October 11th 08 06:34 PM
by wdbailey Go to last post
0 209
USB Keychain Drive Unreadable, yet works in XP by Matt Stanzel
I have a USB keychain drive that in "Disk Management" shows as "unreadable", yet if I take it to the office on XP Pro, or my XP Pro laptop, then it works fine. I've searched all over the internet, and have come upon no solution. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks, Matt
March 24th 07 05:15 PM
by Matt Stanzel Go to last post
3 101
USB keys not installed automatically by Alberto Di Meglio
Hi, I have a weird issue on VISTA RTM (Build 6000). Whenever I insert a new USB key in one of my laptop slots, I get the 'new hardware found' dialog popping up, thinking a bit, connecting to Windows Update, etc, and then asking me to insert the disk that came with the hardware. Of course I have no such disk, however, if I now choose to install the driver manually and point the dialog to...
January 28th 07 06:45 PM
by Bruno DUPUY Go to last post
2 134
USB Liksys wireless adapter - preventing boot by bob_peters
I bought a new HP desktop with Vista this month and in setting it up I bout a new Linksys USB wireless adapter (the new N compatible one). Beyond the lousy wireless signal (max is 54 versus 108 with the XP MIMO card), plugging in the USB adapter in any USB port prevents the computer from starting up. It hangs at the HP BIOS page and won't respond to any f keys. If i remove the USB card,...
December 11th 07 07:23 PM
by bob_peters Go to last post

From The