  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Screen Resolution After Sleep mode by S15_88
Hey all I'm having a problem that i just can't figure out why and how to fix it! My current screen resolution is 1440x900, I put my computer to sleep, shut the lid, then I open the lid and eveything is good still 1440x900 then bam! the screen flickers and it goes to 1024x768! wats the deal??? also i experience flickering every so often here and there in Vista which i don't like, my laptop is...
December 18th 07 03:11 AM
by Sun Go to last post
4 119
xf 64 bit soundcard by anointedson
I am having a problem with this card it keeps shutting down my system the error is dll module stopped working can anyone give me some input on how to address this Issue?
November 22nd 07 05:30 PM
by anointedson Go to last post
0 119
SOUND: headphones crackle when plugged in by AisteDeg
I have just bought a new laptop within the past few weeks. It is a Dell Vista blahblah inspiron 1521. every time i plug anytime of headphone into the speakers, it crackles and makes terrible noise. it has happened since the very first day i tried to listen to music with headphones. whether or not i am playing music, if i have headphones plugged into the laptop to hear anything i get this...
November 24th 07 02:21 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
2 119
Enable the Bluetooth by Golam
Dearest All Please help me!! My notebook is Dell Precision M4300 including Windows Vista and integrated Bluetooth. Initially Bluetooth icon or symbol was showing on Device Manager, Task Bar, Device status light (on hinge of the notebook). I disabled the Bluetooth (I forgot how I did this) and Bluetooth icon or symbol disappeared from Task Bar, Device Status Light (on hinge of the notebook)...
November 26th 07 03:21 AM
by Golam Go to last post
2 119
Backup does not show external drive on restore by andrew not bery bright
I back up files using windows backup to a USB external Maxtor drive. All works well. Windows explorer can see the files etc.... However if i run backup and choose restore, it only shows the hdd of the pc, not the usb drive? All other vista applications see the drive and can read and write to it. Vista business premium, logged on as administrator
November 28th 07 04:18 PM
by andrew not bery bright Go to last post
0 119
Expresscard Not Detected by Bradley
Hi all, I have a 4 Port USB 2.0 Hub Expresscard for HP Pavillion with Vista Ultimate. Device manager shows nothing about the device, does not attempt to install the device and therefor doesn't work. I have taken the device out and everything, restarted and all, but no avail. Funny thing is device manager shows averything is operational and no problems, i'm afraid it's a hardware issue but...
November 29th 07 10:02 AM
by Barb Bowman Go to last post
3 119
how do I turn the touch pad off? by Arrow
I lost the manuall. so how do I turn the touch pad off?
December 10th 07 07:07 PM
by roy69[_80_] Go to last post
3 119
VGA - Help by fiveofive
I have purchased a new game, downloaded the latest DirectX software but the game will not work. It apears that the video controller (VGA) on my lap top is switched off. I cannot get this switched back on by conventional means as the system cannot detect the hardware. It is promting me to insert a disc that I may have received when I purchased the lap top. I did not receive one. Does anyone...
December 10th 07 06:45 PM
by Curious Go to last post
1 119
Up to Date Drivers yet no abality to play Video by Kage Shi
I've set up my system to Dual boot my XP Pro and Vista Ult. Everything is installed properly and updated. My Video card says to be working properly but when I try and update my system rateing it still says my score for Aero and Media Playback are 1.0. Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
December 18th 07 02:52 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
3 119
Ping Mike Hall by LouB
Just a quick thanks for the link that enabled me to fix the missing DVD/CD drive on an Acer Aspire 5100. Acer "help" was useless. Lou
November 19th 07 12:08 AM
by Mike Hall - MVP[_2_] Go to last post
1 119
How Do I Get DVD Drive? by Russell
I need to know how I get the DVD Drive?
November 21st 07 11:37 PM
by Elliott Go to last post
2 119
USB-hub by Charlie42[_2_]
Does anybody know the two port USB hub from Mobile Computing? I've had two BSOD's which I think may have been caused by this hub, but I'm not entirely sure. Are there any Vista drivers I can download for it? It's currently recognized as 'generic USB hub', and uses the usbhub.sys driver. Charlie42
December 8th 07 11:37 PM
by Wandering[_2_] Go to last post
9 119
USB problems with plug and play devices. by Fes
Recently I purchased the In-sight Motion Webcam - Model# IC825C and installed it into windows vista. It took several attempts to laod, but it finanly did work. The camera was able to work for about 3 weeks, although t the actual software for the camera didn't work, I could make the camera adjustments in windows Live or Yahoo Messenger. Several of the important camera features didn't work....
November 13th 07 05:17 PM
by Vague NYC[_2_] Go to last post
8 119
No audio by Korab
Hello, I am running windows vits home basic on a Asus M2n-plus sli vista edition mobo. Several days ago my sound stopped working completely. I was using the onboard CM6501 audio. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, didn't work. Tried system restore back a couple days before I had the problem, nothing. I even went out and bought a SB audigy SE sound card and still no sound. When I try to...
October 31st 07 04:07 PM
by Korab Go to last post
2 119
Using word with Vista by Katie
I am having problems with word documents. I have made word documents at work , which has XP installed, and emailed them to me, but when I open them at home on my laptop, which has vista, it is coded jibberish. Is there maybe some kind of patch to use to make word documents , or excel stuff work with Vista?
November 5th 07 06:32 PM
by Carlos Go to last post
3 119
hard drive by tess
I interrupted a disc format and now cannot access the disc. It is the D drive. Windows says it cannot access the disc.
November 9th 07 11:18 PM
by Malke Go to last post
4 119
vista driver for genius videocam eye 2.0 by hasan
Please provide me with the vista drivers for genius videocam eye
November 9th 07 08:04 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 119
My cursor reverts back to basic settings by Robertson
When I change my cursor to one I have downloaded it reverts back to the orginal one after I shut it down and logg in again please shed some light on this please thanks in advance. regards
November 13th 07 06:31 PM
by Robertson Go to last post
0 119
Non-existant keyboard? by 4everyoung_1949
Hi! My Device Manager, as well as Gametap gamming site, shows two keyboards on my system. I only have one keyboard, logitech wireless mx3200 keyboard and mouse. Device Manager shows two idenical usb keyboards, can I like uninstall one driver on one to solve the problem. Two keyboards are interfering with gamming. -- Steve
November 14th 07 04:42 PM
by David B.[_2_] Go to last post
1 119
Unable to install the update for my HP printer Photosmart D7363 by Robert Aldwinckle
(cross-post added to Vista Hardware) "Mokhtar Belaidi" Mokhtar wrote in message ... First I used the HP CD for Vista which comes along with it to install the driver which failed at some point. Then I remaoved the old installation and tried windows update (Hewlett-Packard - Other Hardware - HP...
December 18th 07 08:13 PM
by Robert Aldwinckle Go to last post

From The